Passport

sun bum

While filling out our online check-in for our January 28,2024 sailing a box popped up that stated "Celebrity strongly recommends a passport be valid for a least 6 month after the cruise.  Our expires in April. Should we be concerned about being able to board?

27 minutes ago, sun bum said:

While filling out our online check-in for our January 28,2024 sailing a box popped up that stated "Celebrity strongly recommends a passport be valid for a least 6 month after the cruise.  Our expires in April. Should we be concerned about being able to board?

Without knowing the itinerary there’s no way to answer this

• Like 2

I'm curious too. Mine expires in August 2024. They want you to send in your old passport. I just completed the application and had my photos taken this week, but then it dawned on me that I would need my passport for a February sailing and an April sailing. I'm not sure now when to send in the renewal. 

9 minutes ago, markeb said:

Sailing from where to where? What stops? Do any of the ports of call require six months? 

There’s no one size fits all answer. 

Sailing from Ft Lauderdale closed loop.....San Juan, Tortorla and St Kitts 

I sent my passports in for renewal in regular mail and no rush charge because they are due next December and are needed in May, September and October. With the horror stories on line about the wait times, I gave it 6 months. I mailed them in on Nov 30th and got them December 14th. Two weeks!! I was amazed.

• Like 1

I called Celebrity and verified that a copy of the birth certificate and a valid driver's license is all that's needed. I will be also taking a copy of our marriage license due to the name on the birth certificate and DL not matching. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sun bum said:

I called Celebrity and verified that a copy of the birth certificate and a valid driver's license is all that's needed. I will be also taking a copy of our marriage license due to the name on the birth certificate and DL not matching. 

So did you just give them your ports, and they verified that you would be okay with a birth certificate? Sending in my passport to be renewed and right now expedited is running 3-5 weeks, so I should be okay for a mid-February cruise, but you never know. 

15 hours ago, VintageCheap said:

Figure eight weeks for expedited renewal.  You can usually find someone in a call center to tell you a passport is not needed or an expired one is fine.  Good luck with that 😉

this is no longer true.   3-4 weeks is the average wait time now.

18 hours ago, sun bum said:

It will depend on your itinerary.

23 hours ago, Giraffes said:

I'm curious too. Mine expires in August 2024. They want you to send in your old passport. I just completed the application and had my photos taken this week, but then it dawned on me that I would need my passport for a February sailing and an April sailing. I'm not sure now when to send in the renewal. 

send the application in after the Feb cruise. We have just had to do this . Kid's passport expires in January 2024, we sailed on Thanksgiving 2023, and upon return we filed for his new passport. We also had to send his old passport in.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, crazyank said:

this is no longer true.   3-4 weeks is the average wait time now.

It took 8 weeks this summer, and 2 weeks ago at the passport agency they had a November 2023 dated announcement from the Dept of State that the average wait right now is 10-13 weeks (unexpedited).