LIVE from the Viking Neptune World Cruise includes FTL and LA

BobCatter

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Live Cruise Reports page.. . When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

BobCatter was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Eight of joined the Neptune in Lisbon, so (at least for us) the World Cruise has started! We are looking forward to meeting everyone else when you board in FTL or in LA. 

Viking treated us to a dinner in Manfredi's where we got to meet the Cruise Director, Executive Chef and Excursion Manager (along with a few other officers) who will be on for the duration of the WC. It's going to be amazing. 🌍🛳️🍸

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, BobCatter said:

Eight of joined the Neptune in Lisbon, so (at least for us) the World Cruise has started! We are looking forward to meeting everyone else when you board in FTL or in LA. 

Viking treated us to a dinner in Manfredi's where we got to meet the Cruise Director, Executive Chef and Excursion Manager (along with a few other officers) who will be on for the duration of the WC. It's going to be amazing. 🌍🛳️🍸

We're looking forward to following along.  Enjoy!

14 hours ago, BobCatter said:

I ran into your new CD in the Neptune Attrium.  I call her “A-Bean”.  She is the greatest!  You are so fortunate.  She remembered me as we had her last Christmas on Star - her first as a CD.  I worked with her to put on our meet and Mingle.  She was so good.  Glad to see she’s been promoted to the World Cruise!!   
plus you get Gail and Russell Lee - easily the best guest speakers ever!

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

I ran into your new CD in the Neptune Attrium.  I call her “A-Bean”.  She is the greatest!  You are so fortunate.  She remembered me as we had her last Christmas on Star - her first as a CD.  I worked with her to put on our meet and Mingle.  She was so good.  Glad to see she’s been promoted to the World Cruise!!   
plus you get Gail and Russell Lee - easily the best guest speakers ever!

We had Gail and Lee in the North Atlantic last year. Glad to see they will be on the WC. 

Is the CD "Aveen"  spelled with an "S"?  She was on the Jupiter with us 2 years ago as the assistant CD ( Kent do you remember her from there?)  She and Katy from Scotland were an amazing duo!  Does she still have a VERY TALL boyfriend who I think now works in IT?   I hope she still does a really sweet show about meeting him!

Who will be the General Manager for the WC?

Those of you starting the WC....how awesome to start from Lisbon  you really will have done an extraordinary cruise.  The BEST cruise ever!!!

Edited by deec
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, deec said:

Is the CD "Aveen"  spelled with an "S"?  She was on the Jupiter with us 2 years ago as the assistant CD ( Kent do you remember her from there?)  She and Katy from Scotland were an amazing duo!  Does she still have a VERY TALL boyfriend who I think now works in IT?   I hope she still does a really sweet show about meeting him!

Who will be the General Manager for the WC?

Those of you starting the WC....how awesome to start from Lisbon  you really will have done an extraordinary cruise.  The BEST cruise ever!!!

Yes Dee - that is her!  I always remember to pronounce her name "A-Bean".  She still has the boyfriend in IT.   We were also fortunate to have her on her first Head CD role on Star last Christmas.  She did an incredibly professional enthusiastic job!   As I said, no wonder they put her in the role of CD for the World Cruise.  She and boyfriend are riding as "vacation" passengers on the Lisbon-FLL segment, before she takes over.

• Like 2

A World Cruise brochure was delivered in the past couple of weeks and there was a quick Q&A by "Bruce" who was also one of the CD's while we were aboard the Jupiter in 2022( we had 3 during the 8 weeks)!  Will there be 2 WC's this winter.  This is definitely a thread drift but I am wondering what Viking will do about transiting the red sea? 

21 minutes ago, deec said:

Jim and Santa Fe...keeping my fingers crossed that Sujith migh be aboard Octantis next month!

How about this: Dee,  you get him on Octantis next month.  Then in March he transfers to Neptune for the second half of the WC and stays on for our BIE which we board in Greenwich the day the WC ends.   

• Like 1

We’ve been informed that we will be making an unscheduled stop in the Bahamas due to an urgent medical situation onboard. 

I feel awful for that person and their traveling companions, but I will be glad to get off the ship for the little time we’ll have ashore, esp after missing Bermuda. 

Just another lesson to expect the unexpected and go with the flow. And BE CAREFUL. 🙁

Bon Voyage watching you pull out from FLL. Many on the sports deck and Aquvit Terrace. Beautiful sailout!

Happy WC leg to LA, see you in approximately 17 days.

Have a good Christmas and New Years.

Keep us informed of any changes. 

Cheers 🍻 🎄🎅🎆 🥂

• Like 2

Merry Christmas World cruisers. Now I have two WC to visually follow. The Viking Sky and The Viking Neptune ! 

Love to follow along on your great adventure. Will you ever meet up with the Sky  at a port call during your WC? 

• Like 1

IMG_3575.thumb.jpeg.4d35825339206a6d7e0b08c2ba65f35a.jpegWe hope everyone is enjoying the holidays and had a great Christmas.  Jonathan and I are blogging this adventure at brianandjonathan.blogspot.com.  We’re looking forward to joining everyone in LA on the 9th.  We wish everyone a very Happy New Year!

Brian

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, bwknsf said:

IMG_3575.thumb.jpeg.4d35825339206a6d7e0b08c2ba65f35a.jpegWe hope everyone is enjoying the holidays and had a great Christmas.  Jonathan and I are blogging this adventure at brianandjonathan.blogspot.com.  We’re looking forward to joining everyone in LA on the 9th.  We wish everyone a very Happy New Year!

Brian

Looking forward to meeting you guys. We board in LA. 

• Like 1

Is anyone planning a meet and greet once we all board in LA? I can definitely head it up. It could be on our first sea day after Santa Barbara. Can someone get me the contact info of the CD so I can see if she will coordinate it or who I need to coordinate it with?

TIA

Diana