Caribbean Princess Production Shows

Micahs Grandad

Note that Enchanted/Sky/Discovery will all have the same production shows (Princess set them up that way) and the casts often run a triple-ship contract that covers all 3 (in addition to Jim Henson's Inspired Silliness in the Vista Lounge). It'll likely be many years before a new show appears on those 3 because they're the 3 newest ships with the 3 newest theatre production shows in the fleet right now.

As for the Caribbean Princess, I believe you'll have at least some or all of these four: Bravo, Broadway Ballroom, Born to Be Wild, and Fantastic Journey.

29 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

Note that Enchanted/Sky/Discovery will all have the same production shows (Princess set them up that way) and the casts often run a triple-ship contract that covers all 3 (in addition to Jim Henson's Inspired Silliness in the Vista Lounge). It'll likely be many years before a new show appears on those 3 because they're the 3 newest ships with the 3 newest theatre production shows in the fleet right now.

As for the Caribbean Princess, I believe you'll have at least some or all of these four: Bravo, Broadway Ballroom, Born to Be Wild, and Fantastic Journey.

Thanks for the info Bravo is one of our favorite shows and the others will be new to us.

Wonder why the three ships should have the same 3 shows? Do believe in the past they did not do that for the newest ships.

1 hour ago, Micahs Grandad said:

Wonder why the three ships should have the same 3 shows? Do believe in the past they did not do that for the newest ships.

I don't think it's a new thing. They've been doing it for a while where they introduce new shows onto three ships as a trio (like Magic To Do on Crown, Emerald, and Ruby).

My logic is, from a PR standpoint, they can say that they're giving cruisers more chances to see something new and also give them a fresh reason to want to go on these ships. But from a logistical standpoint, I'm pretty sure it streamlines recruiting, training, and production costs, so by organizing the contracts for the cast members this way, it should also reduce the expenditures that the entertainment division will undertake for the company.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

Over the summer, we saw all four production shows on the Caribbean Princess on our cruise.

1 hour ago, Micahs Grandad said:

Thanks for the info Bravo is one of our favorite shows and the others will be new to us.

Production casts have triple contracts, which is a much more efficient.  They are Triple Crown or Triple Royal. Rare is the one off contract. 

Six weeks of rehearsals in Santa Clarita followed by six months on, one month off, then to the next ship, six months on, one month off, then to the next ship, six months on and done. 

49 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

I don't think it's a new thing. They've been doing it for a while where they introduce new shows onto three ships as a trio (like Magic To Do on Crown, Emerald, and Ruby).

My logic is, from a PR standpoint, they can say that they're giving cruisers more chances to see something new and also give them a fresh reason to want to go on these ships. But from a logistical standpoint, I'm pretty sure it streamlines recruiting, training, and production costs, so by organizing the contracts for the cast members this way, it should also reduce the expenditures that the entertainment division will undertake for the company.

Yes, contracts are 18 months.

They don't hire a lot of new people either. 

Casts for the first year after the return to sailing, all had previous experience on Princess, had their training in the ship after quarantine. 

22 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Yes, contracts are 18 months.

They don't hire a lot of new people either. 

Casts for the first year after the return to sailing, all had previous experience on Princess, had their training in the ship after quarantine. 

Yep yep, I wasn't aware of all the specific details but this was my conclusion from what I've gleaned as well. Thank you for corroborating.

• Like 1

Having the same show on three Royal class vessels can be good for Princess but do see it as a major disadvantage to me the customer.

We enjoy the production shows but for most of them there is a limit to how often we want to see the same ones. We will avoid the Sky, Discovery and Enchanted until they get around to changing production shows.

Will still consider the Royal, Regal and Majestic Princess.

Lots of other choices to be had.

Production shows are tailored to the stage (class of ship).  I agree, seen so many of the same production shows on the Grand/gem class ships.  Ironically, every time I’ve been on a ship with a newer show, I’ve missed it due to technical difficulties.  

New shows go to new ships.  Wish Princess would throw a new bone my way, once in a while.  First new production show after Covid pause went to the Royal class ship.

Last week on the Caribbean they had Bravo, Born to be Wild, and a variety show on the last night of the cruise. There may have been another show as well, but I didn't notice.

I saw Born to be Wild and Bravo. It is the same cast except Bravo has the addition of a soprano and orchestra. The Bravo performance was excellent! The male singers were not that great in Born to be Wild but performed much better in the Bravo performance.