New Princess App available

iamaqt2

So while we've all got our panties in a bunch about Radiqal Gaming, I've got a dining reservation glitch to share.

Booked on the Discovery Princess on April 3rd. Already made MDR dining reservations under the old App. Same time every day in the Ketchikan dining room

Decided we want to make a reservation for The Catch on the first sea day. Used the new App and all was going along well. It warned me that making the reservation would cancel my MDR reservation which was OK. Hit the final step where my card would be charged and got some obscure error about not having a room number (I've got one) and it bombed out.

Going back into my existing reservations, the first sea day reservation for the MDR was gone but all the others were OK. I saw there was an option to reserve the same time in the same MDR for all days and decided to give it a try. It worked but ... I now had TWO reservations at the same time for all days except for the first sea day! Seems booking SD will catch conflicting reservations but booking the MDR for all days will not.

Thank you Princess IT.

• Like 2

Okay, this is probably a dumb question. I can see my green lane status front and center in the old app, but I don't see any indication of status in the new app. It does have that stupid shoreside thing not completed but I don't see any where that my status is blue lane because of it. Where do you see the status in the new app? 

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

I'm not so sure they do. When I book other things through the app, it shows as Princess on my charge card statement. I know this is true, since I booked internet twice through the app for two different trips. If it went through the third party, wouldn't the charge show up as going through the third party?

Somebody is bound to point this out, so I'll do that myself. I didn't think this through very well. The fact that my internet package charges showed as Princess doesn't mean squat. The form data might very well have just been posted to Princess' payment gateway. 

9 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Decided we want to make a reservation for The Catch on the first sea day. Used the new App and all was going along well. It warned me that making the reservation would cancel my MDR reservation which was OK. Hit the final step where my card would be charged and got some obscure error about not having a room number (I've got one) and it bombed out.

I haven't been able to book The Catch even before the new app came out. I've tried the old app, the website version, and calling and it errors every time on the last step. So this may not be a new app issue, but an older problem. I've had no problems booking other SD, just The Catch. 

The one annoying thing with the new app that the old app didn't do, is it deletes the existing reservation conflict even though it errors and doesn't book the new one. The old app would give me the error but leave the old reservation in place since the new reservation didn't go through. My guess is the developers put the delete of the conflicting reservation in the wrong place, they are doing it before the new reservation is successful. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I hadn't actually looked at this section, since I'd already completed it in the old app. I never agreed to ashore purchases in the old app, but in the new one it showed as agreed to. I deleted my card from the ashore purchases section. It stayed in the other part of ship-side purchases. Fine. That put me in blue lane, but oddly my hubby is still in green. I do all the stuff for our cruises, so I'd set him up as an authorized purchaser. No card info shows up in his section, just the indication that he's added to my card.  It'll be interesting to see if he stays in green.

You really only need one of you Green.  If it doesn't resolve, just go Green.  They can still fetch him a Medallion.

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You really only need one of you Green.  If it doesn't resolve, just go Green.  They can still fetch him a Medallion.

Last time I looked, he was green and I'm not. I ordered our medallions some time or other and am having them shipped. I fully plan to go in the green lane regardless. Can't see them kicking me out but I suppose they could. 😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Not dumb at all ,I had also asked this

Question earlier, with no response

Other than 7/7 completed or 6/7 completed, I see nothing else in NEW APP That actually says GREEN or BLUE lane like it is clearly obvious in OLD APP

maybe @Jimmys Chippy or @tiggerrr can put up a screen shot of what they see, relative to them in New App

Or highlight exactly where they see their Green or Blue status 😎

Thanks 

IMG_4728.thumb.jpeg.fe8d7181dd1052a9872dbc06a6253d11.jpeg

other than the color of the text 

You have a green check mark   “Ready to Sail” 

Edited by DHP1

2 hours ago, DHP1 said:

If I get blue lane, I’m standing in my elite lane as usual. 

What elite line? Theres just green & blue now. There is an elite lounge if you get thru before boarding but not until then. 

1 hour ago, CruiseMob said:

Okay, this is probably a dumb question. I can see my green lane status front and center in the old app, but I don't see any indication of status in the new app. It does have that stupid shoreside thing not completed but I don't see any where that my status is blue lane because of it. Where do you see the status in the new app? 

20231230_134604.thumb.jpg.8ea7649ed207dc1fcd0139bdee7df955.jpg

20231230_134708.jpg

• Like 1

True. I can see that changing soon. All the elite members from Europe where the medallion is not shipped to their home address. Medallion is now being shipped within Canada however, we are leaving a week before our European cruise and may not received our Medallion in the mail in time. 

2 hours ago,  DHP1 said: 

What elite line? Theres just green & blue now. There is an elite lounge if you get thru before boarding but not until then

Edited by DHP1

20 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Not dumb at all ,I had also asked this

Question earlier, with no response

Other than 7/7 completed or 6/7 completed, I see nothing else in NEW APP That actually says GREEN or BLUE lane like it is clearly obvious in OLD APP

maybe @Jimmys Chippy or @tiggerrr can put up a screen shot of what they see, relative to them in New App

Or highlight exactly where they see their Green or Blue status 😎

Thanks 

IMG_4728.thumb.jpeg.fe8d7181dd1052a9872dbc06a6253d11.jpeg

other than the color of the text 

IMG_1684.jpeg

IMG_1685.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 12/29/2023 at 11:31 AM, t&atravel said:

@Melbek  it shows for me.  On the home page scroll down to “view packages”. Or go to profile, then onboard packages.  

Not sure why yours doesn’t show

I'm on a B2B2B on Enchanted in 5 weeks.  The new app shows Plus for first segment - our Travel Document shows Premier.  Second segment nothing showing - we chose plus.  Third segment we chose Premium and nothing shows.  Again Travel Documents are correct on all three segments.

Hmmm, mine doesn't say "All Set" or "Ready to Sail", it just say's Check-In and if I go into that it shows I have the 6 out of 7 items with green checks and the shoreside not completed. In the old app and on the website it say's ready and green line. 🤷‍♀️

3 hours ago, t&atravel said:

@OmbudI think you are confusing your “shipboard account” with the “shoreside” purchases.  They are two different places to authorize your CC.  Shoreside is the one that is 3rd party and it is only used for shops OFF ship in port that have agreed to use the medallion when you purchase something.  In these cases you need to have your CC registered with Radiqal Gaming LLC.  

On no I get that. It's just that corporate wants 10% (17% from stores - 7% rebate to pax = 10% net princess) from all on shore purchases involving the app. Anyway that's what Independent stores in the ports state & why would they lie? They lose 17% to Princess or 3% to the credit card services. 

Anyway, I'm bowing out of this. 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

In the new app, there are six tabs underneath the name of the ship you'll be sailing with the number of days until embarkation.  Those tabs are:

All Set! - Complete steps prior to arriving at port 

Packages - Get the most from your vacation

Boarding Pass - Proceed to Blue Lane

Luggage Tags - Get the most from your vacation

Excursions - Discover more in each destination

Spa - Relax, Recharge and Rejuvenate

Green check mark and Blue Lane are completely unrelated.  🥴

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

So by default as the writing is in BLUE and not GREEN you are in the Blue lane 

Im trying to highlight this that there is not. a REAL obvious way of seeing your status other than a to be Green 

But if you are GREEN then it is a SW issue 

Agreed! Definitely not obvious. My text is in black. Since website and old app both say green, I'm assuming green.

Bit worried about boarding pass as I have no button/link for that. Might not be close enough to cruise yet. But with the old app going away right before my cruise, hope this is fixed before then.

Screenshot_20231230_153358_Princess.jpg

7 minutes ago, kamelia said:

In the new app, there are six tabs underneath the name of the ship you'll be sailing with the number of days until embarkation.  Those tabs are:

I don't have that. I have 5 tabs that say Check-in, Book Dining, Packages, Excursions,  Spa.

No boarding pass and no luggage tags even though I already have my luggage tags from the old app and website.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kamelia said:

My tabs are….

Check-in

Book Dining 

Packages

Excursions

Spa

• Like 1

@CruiseMob and @San10s, I'm not sure why the disparity.  Those are the tabs that I have at the top of the new app, and I have to scroll down on that same page to get to tab for Reserve Dining, tab for View Packages and tab for View Wi-Fi Plans.  I've been trying to cobble together screenshots to share as examples, but the app screen displays minimal information, requiring substantial scrolling to get to the data, so hopefully you will eventually see this same format on your own app.  

Just by way of information, this is the Apple app, version 1.0.1.

Thank you @Cruise Raider!  That's what I was trying to do!  🤗

Edited by kamelia
  • Thanks 2