New Princess App available

iamaqt2

5 hours ago, WisCruiser2 said:

I just downloaded the new app to do our check-in for upcoming cruise, still have the old app, too. When I got to the payment section, I did not fill in the shoreside part, just hit "Continue later." So I do not have a check by Payments. I then went to the old app - it also has a Shoreside tab in the payments section but just has an "Exit" box that I tapped without filling in information. The old app has my Payments section with a checkmark! 

But what about the new app?  I am glad you at least got the old one ocean ready. 

2 minutes ago, 2and2 said:

But what about the new app?  I am glad you at least got the old one ocean ready. 

I was able to fill everything else in, however have not seen anything indicating a "Boarding Pass." 

1 hour ago, WisCruiser2 said:

I was able to fill everything else in, however have not seen anything indicating a "Boarding Pass." 

There is no longer a boarding pass. You just show up and they "know" you are ready because the system reads the token from your Medallion and checks the database.

6 hours ago, Crystaltipps67 said:

I'm 73 days out and I don't have the luggage tag tab on the new app. 

I haven’t downloaded the new app. When it’s time, I will probably use Cruise Personalizer and get my luggage tags that way. The apps seems to be a big pain.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

I haven’t downloaded the new app. When it’s time, I will probably use Cruise Personalizer and get my luggage tags that way. The apps seems to be a big pain.

I can't imagine even wanting to use the app for luggage tags or Travel Summary. I'm more of a computer guy. Phones are "swell" and all but I'm a touch typist and prefer computers for pretty much anything that doesn't "have" to be done somewhere else. I pretty much despise typing on a phone. I'm old and have uncoordinated thumbs. Keyboards feel natural to me and my fingers just go where they are supposed to go.

• Like 10

Ordered medallion.  Charged $10 (with Plus).  Tried to cancel....duh...have to call Princess.  Fortunately, foreigner John picked up right away and cancelled.  Received confirmation.  Said...its a glitch.  Said that I would be refunded on the ship (not going to let them have my $10 with the hopes of ever seeing it again).

Sam thing happened to friend.  One roommate was charged.  She cancelled order and then did it.  Went through with free shipping.  

Princess' IT department needs some overhaul.  Does anyone have the email address for IT (ocean ready) help desk?  I can't remember it.

Hooray, found address.  Does it still work?

A360ad7@carnival.com

• Like 1

The Ocean Navigator removed the shoreside cc information. I tried to order the Medallion and other items, it wouldn’t let me ship to home. Then it wanted another form of payment added and it has my cc listed for use on the ship. How do I do this? Ugh. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thrak said:

There is no longer a boarding pass. You just show up and they "know" you are ready because the system reads the token from your Medallion and checks the database.

Even though PCL continues to tell guests, you will have an OceanReady boarding pass with your QR code.  But, no one at the port cares, they just want to see your Medallion!!

Would be so easy to just simplify the process and stop confusing guests.

image.thumb.png.07ded2137432dd96537f4ee3cac7d2fc.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Even though PCL continues to tell guests, you will have an OceanReady boarding pass with your QR code.  But, no one at the port cares, they just want to see your Medallion!!

Would be so easy to just simplify the process and stop confusing guests.

Exactly - in Galveston everyone wanted to see our medallions - also we showed our passports twice.  No need for anything else.  We had our medallions attached to our phones (nice way to carry them BTW) and everyone kept looking for them to be on lanyards.  We'd wave the back of our phones and they'd laugh and say that was a neat way to carry them.

Edited by nazpaz

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

Thanks, I thought I'd read that elsewhere but someone commented above that there was a tab on the app...

2 hours ago, nazpaz said:

Exactly - in Galveston everyone wanted to see our medallions - also we showed our passports twice.  No need for anything else.  We had our medallions attached to our phones (nice way to carry them BTW) and everyone kept looking for them to be on lanyards.  We'd wave the back of our phones and they'd laugh and say that was a neat way to carry them.

How do you attach the medallions to phone backs?

The medallion has a magnetic and therefore, won’t that affect the phone?  Maybe not. I’ll keep to my wrist band that I bought two years ago provided Princess doesn’t change the Medallion diameter size. That will be next to change. 😀

Edited by DHP1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, racj846 said:

Print them from the Princess website.

20 hours ago, racj846 said:

Print them from the Princess website.

Yes that's what I'll do as I don't have the facility to print from my phone as I have to use a work printer - I was just making the point that the app isn't showing the option. 

20 minutes ago, nazpaz said:

20 minutes ago, nazpaz said:

looks very nice but I have my phone in a tote bag while on the ship or  a zipper phone carry case if leaving the ship making it much easier to have Medallion on my lanyard.  This "old dog" is past using new stuff.😄.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crystaltipps67 said:

Yes that's what I'll do as I don't have the facility to print from my phone as I have to use a work printer - I was just making the point that the app isn't showing the option. 

You need a wi-fi printer to print luggage tags from the App.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

looks very nice but I have my phone in a tote bag while on the ship or  a zipper phone carry case if leaving the ship making it much easier to have Medallion on my lanyard.  This "old dog" is past using new stuff.😄.  

Yeah, it's definitely a personal preference.  Most of the time our door unlocks for us while we are way down the hallway, so the phones just stay in our pockets.  The only time we actually have to put the medallion right up close to the scanner is when leaving or arriving at the ship itself - and you have to hold it up close no matter how you are carrying it.

37 minutes ago, that said:

How is removal?

We have silicone covers on our phones and the deals really stick to them.  Once you get a fingernail under a corner, though, they lift right off, not leaving a mark.  I kept the peel off backing and I think I will be able to put it back and save them for future cruises.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Instead of standing at the edge of the pool, thinking it would be too cold, I decided to just jump in, so I downloaded the new app.  I got exactly what I didn't want to happen.  The new app took me out of green lane and was now requiring that I enter a card number for the offshore account.  As much as I tried to bypass that scam, I was still showing as being incomplete on my check in, where my wife was all checked in because she didn't have any credit card on file and was listed under mine.

I finally got back to all green when I put in the numbers for a $40 gift card I had hanging around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Instead of standing at the edge of the pool, thinking it would be too cold, I decided to just jump in, so I downloaded the new app.  I got exactly what I didn't want to happen.  The new app took me out of green lane and was now requiring that I enter a card number for the offshore account.  As much as I tried to bypass that scam, I was still showing as being incomplete on my check in, where my wife was all checked in because she didn't have any credit card on file and was listed under mine.

I finally got back to all green when I put in the numbers for a $40 gift card I had hanging around.

Members are reporting that if you have the Medallion shipped to your home address and you have a cc on file for onboard, you’re in the green lane. Forget what new App has to say. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

I bet if your wife would have loaded the new app, you would show all checked  in and green,  and she would have been out of the green lane.  That is what mine shows. I decided not to worry about it.

• Like 1

And 3 hours later with hold times and one agent hanging up on me....

(Second) Agent Win would not give up and worked hard to earn my trust again.  He would not let me speak to a supervisor until he had exhausted his options.  Bottom line, he had to order/cancel to clear my account, then went in to Passenger 2 account and it worked.  Ordered, being sent to my home with my name, and no charge for shipping.  HOORAY.

I spoke to John last night and got him again this afternoon.  I begged to speak to a supervisor.  After and hour, he hung up on me.

Here's the funny of the day.  Signed on to chat at 10:30 AM.  15 minutes later there was one in front of me.  I had to leave at 10:30, but left chat open.  Came home 2 hours later and resumed chat.  2 hours later...still posting YES to I am still waiting.

BTW Princess is aware of technical difficulties.  IT is on overtime (not) with the roll out of the new/non-functioning app and updates to their website with "new" features.  

Edited by cr8tiv1