New Princess App available

iamaqt2

Maybe Im a bit unusual but the last thing I want to do on a cruise is carry My phone around and be on the internet.    Usually the first thing I do is put the phone in the safe and don't get it out until the end of the cruise.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, beagle25 said:

Maybe Im a bit unusual but the last thing I want to do on a cruise is carry My phone around and be on the internet.    Usually the first thing I do is put the phone in the safe and don't get it out until the end of the cruise.

We all have our idiosyncrasies. I never turn on the television once I’m on board. Of course, I don’t watch it at home either. 

• Like 3

On 3/8/2024 at 5:11 PM, PacnGoNow said:

Yes. New App. See Bottom chat button..once OB.

image.thumb.jpeg.f5b8ad2bc6e7691756669b39583aad4c.jpeg

I downloaded the new AP. (Fairly certain).  If I see the screen you posted is that an indication that I am on the new AP?  If not, what is?

Everything looks to be working fine and I know there was a Chat feature on the older version as well.

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I downloaded the new AP. (Fairly certain).  If I see the screen you posted is that an indication that I am on the new AP?  If not, what is?

Everything looks to be working fine and I know there was a Chat feature on the older version as well.

Thank you.

Yes, that is the New App.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beagle25 said:

The app lets you check menus and your folio if nothing else. We also use it for email and news especially sports 

2 hours ago, beagle25 said:

I do the same thing. Other than doing the muster drill the app is of no value to me. 

On 2/26/2024 at 8:54 PM, akamai guy said:

What would be a nice use of the apps memory would be to allow users to access port guides before embarking on the ship. Currently, if one selects Journey > Ship Schedule > Show Entire Ship Schedule and then a "Welcome to..." option, the medallion returns "Connect to MedallionNet on board to download port guides." I imagine most would like to do some planning prior to boarding the ship.

We are on the 14-day Athens to Rome route beginning 15 June. Fortunately I found all the very  old Princess guides online for all our port visits except for Corfu:

Athens ● Barcelona ● Florence ● Genoa ● Gibraltar ● Kotor ● Marseille ● Messina ● Naples ● Rome

NAVIG.GIF.711a166b563ebb4d0c67cda33b6c4f71.GIF

@akamaiguy I have been searching high and low for the spreadsheet you made to be printed out of all the decks on the Sun Princess (both sides of ship).  I’m sorry to post here but I can’t figure out how to use Cruise Critic and contact you any other way 😂 you originally posted it on the Sun Princess thread that has now been closed down and the spreadsheet attachment is saying unavailable?  Would you please post again?  

Edited by Osa J

8 minutes ago, Osa J said:

@akamaiguy I have been searching high and low for the spreadsheet you made to be printed out of all the decks on the Sun Princess (both sides of ship).  I’m sorry to post here but I can’t figure out how to use Cruise Critic and contact you any other way 😂 you originally posted it on the Sun Princess thread that has now been closed down and the spreadsheet attachment is saying unavailable?  Would you please post again?  

Is this helpful?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Osa J said:

That was just one of the unfortunate losses if the thread is gone.  That said, a locked thread just means no new posts allowed, whereas a deleted thread is permanently gone.

42 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

That was just one of the unfortunate losses if the thread is gone.  That said, a locked thread just means no new posts allowed, whereas a deleted thread is permanently gone.

Yes thankfully it is not “gone” gone ha, but since it had been shut down I could not post there.  Was having trouble finding where to ask akamai guy about the spreadsheet so that’s why I quoted a comment he had made here.  The files were no longer working in that Sun Princess thread.  Anyway, I’ve got what I need now!  Carry on!  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

But sit tight shipmates...a new and improved version of the Sun Princess cross-section (AKA profile) is coming. Finishing up the starboard side and hope to highline it aboard tonight. It will be in color to denote stations that are starboard, port, or centerline as well as in both standard (printed on two 8 1/2" x 11" sheets) and large versions (i.e., printed on two legal-sized sheets).

NAVIG.GIF.711a166b563ebb4d0c67cda33b6c4f71.GIF

• Like 2

Yikes, I just took a look at my app and my upcoming 7 day Enchanted cruise 4/27 to 3/2 FLL>FLL shows the itinerary of a 26day Sydney>SF cruise we cancelled a few months ago. What a mess. It is randomly looking at incorrect info etc.

Guest Pops37

Howdy y'all, Pops37 has been watching, thanks for all the good context re new app. The old app is now turned off. Yesterday it was still active. I have had mixed results and often wonder if the developer group does any rigorous alpha or beta testing. Just yesterday it listed a future cruise that was not the last week. It was an old canceled cruise over 12 months ago. Now today it's gone. Do they're making changes on the fly . Also noticed lots of my old cruises missing.

And the new app is slow to load and is missing the loading progress display .

Regards

22 minutes ago, Pops37 said:

Howdy y'all, Pops37 has been watching, thanks for all the good context re new app. The old app is now turned off. Yesterday it was still active. I have had mixed results and often wonder if the developer group does any rigorous alpha or beta testing. Just yesterday it listed a future cruise that was not the last week. It was an old canceled cruise over 12 months ago. Now today it's gone. Do they're making changes on the fly . Also noticed lots of my old cruises missing.

And the new app is slow to load and is missing the loading progress display .

Regards

Yes, all the above.  On the 🪰.

😂

On 3/9/2024 at 2:13 PM, beagle25 said:

We used (the old app) often, for ordering drinks & room service onboard.

Worked very well.  Also can text each other or use the Find passenger

feature if you can't find your cabinmate.  Check your Account... stuff like that.... we found it useful.

Really hoping the new version works as well. 🙈

Edited by CalLuvsCrusingToo
  • Like 1

Ahoy Shipmates!

It was a real challenge but I finally finished the Sun Princess cross-sections (AKA profiles) that I promised. 

First, here are the jpeg images of the port and starboard views:

SunPrincessPORTprofileCOLOR.thumb.jpg.5d4c77e7b3dd4677079683a6c6475eb4.jpg

SunPrincessSTARBOARDprofileCOLOR.thumb.jpg.6e0357f5d8c7a8ad55869826dcfb8f4a.jpg

In these versions, stations are shown, not only bow-to-stern location and deck position, but also location relative to the beam....PortSide, Starboard Side, or Centerline or Amidships. This is shown, respectively, in red, green, or black. The deck plans on the Princess website don't show locations of WCs (restrooms) but they are, , indicated on the deck plans on the medallion. If you check this out you'll notice that almost ALL of the WCs are unisex. So on the display all red and green squares indicating restrooms are Unisex except where noted with L for Ladies and G for Gents. Believe it or not, the medallion shows only one WC as Accessible...shown on deck 6 of the display with letter A.

Now for the Excel spreadsheets. There are two versions; one (with the word SMALL in the filename) to be printed on two 8 1/2" x 11" sheets joined together and a second version printed on two legal-sized sheets. The size of the latter, when joined together, is pretty awesome:

Sun Princess Starboard COLOR SMALL.xlsx

Sun Princess Port COLOR SMALL.xlsx

Large versions:

Sun Princess Starboard COLOR.xlsx

Sun Princess Port COLOR.xlsx

I hope that you find this useful!

image.gif.577180998aff1712eb8e86c33cd538b3.gif

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, akamai guy said:

Ahoy Shipmates!

It was a real challenge but I finally finished the Sun Princess cross-sections (AKA profiles) that I promised. 

First, here are the jpeg images of the port and starboard views:

SunPrincessPORTprofileCOLOR.thumb.jpg.5d4c77e7b3dd4677079683a6c6475eb4.jpg

SunPrincessSTARBOARDprofileCOLOR.thumb.jpg.6e0357f5d8c7a8ad55869826dcfb8f4a.jpg

In these versions, stations are shown, not only bow-to-stern location and deck position, but also location relative to the beam....PortSide, Starboard Side, or Centerline or Amidships. This is shown, respectively, in red, green, or black. The deck plans on the Princess website don't show locations of WCs (restrooms) but they are, , indicated on the deck plans on the medallion. If you check this out you'll notice that almost ALL of the WCs are unisex. So on the display all red and green squares indicating restrooms are Unisex except where noted with L for Ladies and G for Gents. Believe it or not, the medallion shows only one WC as Accessible...shown on deck 6 of the display with letter A.

Now for the Excel spreadsheets. There are two versions; one (with the word SMALL in the filename) to be printed on two 8 1/2" x 11" sheets joined together and a second version printed on two legal-sized sheets. 

image.gif.577180998aff1712eb8e86c33cd538b3.gif

Excellent work.  I have not tried it, but I would like to try printing it on 1 8.5x11 sheet (landscape of course) and see it I can read it.

Guest Pops37
4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Excellent work.  I have not tried it, but I would like to try printing it on 1 8.5x11 sheet (landscape of course) and see it I can read it.

Nice detail! Hopefully the app developer will bring ship configuration to the ship image.

Thanks for sharing 😁

Guest Pops37

Just noticed the new app does not know about the Medallion order that was placed and confirmed under the old app! 😭 Sad oversight.

5 hours ago, Pops37 said:

Just noticed the new app does not know about the Medallion order that was placed and confirmed under the old app! 😭 Sad oversight.

I ordered medallions on the old app and when I look at the new app it tells me medallions ordered. All looks to be ok