Havana Vista vs. Horizon

cruisewiththekids

14 hours ago, cruisewiththekids said:

I noticed on Horizon the Havana aft extended balconies are on decks 6, 7, 8 and 9, but on the Vista they are only on decks 6 and 7.     Has that always been the case?    I've  been on the Horizon in one of those cabins on deck 8 and went to book the Vista and found they were not Havana cabins.

It was a shock to me when I first saw that too. I have been on Horizon Havana area twice and decided to do a girl cruise on Vista. I wanted a higher deck, so I was shocked. I am hoping that it translates to even less people in the Havana area.

23 hours ago, cruisewiththekids said:

I noticed on Horizon the Havana aft extended balconies are on decks 6, 7, 8 and 9, but on the Vista they are only on decks 6 and 7.     Has that always been the case?    I've  been on the Horizon in one of those cabins on deck 8 and went to book the Vista and found they were not Havana cabins.

Yes, that has always been the case.  I've been on Horizon once and Vista twice, and I did feel like the Havana area on Vista had less people than on Horizon.  

• Like 2

I wanted to try deck 9 so it had the coverage overhead for shade.    It did get hot in the daytime on those lower balconies with no covering.   But I will have to decide if that is more valuable than Havana.    We are not lay by the pool people though, so we didn't use Havana all that much.    We will probably just stick with deck 9.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, cruisewiththekids said:

I wanted to try deck 9 so it had the coverage overhead for shade.    It did get hot in the daytime on those lower balconies with no covering.   But I will have to decide if that is more valuable than Havana.    We are not lay by the pool people though, so we didn't use Havana all that much.    We will probably just stick with deck 9.

Because we are pool and hot tub people I couldn’t sit there and watch everyone having a good time! I did like being on Horizon on the 9th deck. It was great to watch the ocean. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sunshower9 said:

Yes, that has always been the case.  I've been on Horizon once and Vista twice, and I did feel like the Havana area on Vista had less people than on Horizon.  

Please tell me more about the differences. I loved Horizon so much, so I hope Vista lives up to my love for Horizon!

12 minutes ago, tw67 said:

Please tell me more about the differences. I loved Horizon so much, so I hope Vista lives up to my love for Horizon!

They're not that different, really.  Main differences are the addition of the hibachi restaurant and the extra Havana cabins on Horizon.  Otherwise the layout is almost exactly the same.  I was first on Vista in 2017 and absolutely loved it.  My second time was a few weeks ago.  It wasn't the same because Vista is having a lot of maintenance issues right now, but it will be going into dry dock after the current sailing ends so I expect that my next time on it in April will be much better.

You can't go wrong in the Havana area on either ship.  Even though it seemed like there were more people in Havana on Horizon, it still wasn't crowded.  It was just harder to find an open round bed in the shade (I prefer shade to sun).  And on that note, I was in a deck 9 Havana balcony on Horizon and having entire balcony covered was great.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, sunshower9 said:

They're not that different, really.  Main differences are the addition of the hibachi restaurant and the extra Havana cabins on Horizon.  Otherwise the layout is almost exactly the same.  I was first on Vista in 2017 and absolutely loved it.  My second time was a few weeks ago.  It wasn't the same because Vista is having a lot of maintenance issues right now, but it will be going into dry dock after the current sailing ends so I expect that my next time on it in April will be much better.

You can't go wrong in the Havana area on either ship.  Even though it seemed like there were more people in Havana on Horizon, it still wasn't crowded.  It was just harder to find an open round bed in the shade (I prefer shade to sun).  And on that note, I was in a deck 9 Havana balcony on Horizon and having entire balcony covered was great.  

I don’t think I could go on any Vista Class ship and not stay in the Havana area. Like you I love the round beds for shade. I am really looking forward to Vista, but it isn’t until this fall.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tw67 said:

I don’t think I could go on any Vista Class ship and not stay in the Havana area. Like you I love the round beds for shade. I am really looking forward to Vista, but it isn’t until this fall.

If you love Horizon, you'll enjoy Vista.  If I had to choose, it would be Horizon only because of the deck 9 balconies.  But I have more cruises scheduled on Vista simply because I prefer sailing from Port Canaveral instead of Miami.

4 hours ago, tw67 said:

My memory seems to confuse ships but seemed to me like the red frog pub area was better on horizon. Vista was outside to get bbq and it could get too windy. Maybe I have ships confused. But something about red frog bar. 

12 hours ago, cruisewiththekids said:

We just did Deck 9 on the Horizon the over hang is fantastic. It also elimited any soot on the chairs.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, TequilaJane said:

We just did Deck 9 on the Horizon the over hang is fantastic. It also elimited any soot on the chairs.

Great to hear. We have never sailed in a Havana cabin but have 9477 on the Horizon booked for April 2026. Long way off but looking forward to it.

Edited by finoky

• 1 month later...
On 1/1/2024 at 11:12 PM, TequilaJane said:

Now I can tell my wife we will be all good now.

Booked May 11, 2024 in 9471.

Cant wait!!

• Like 1

I am interested in booking a Havana cabin. As a retired person I can sail any time. Is there an easy way to search availability for just that specific cabin category? I started looking each sailing date on Horizon one by one... I gave up. I guess a PVP??

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ober134 said:

I am interested in booking a Havana cabin. As a retired person I can sail any time. Is there an easy way to search availability for just that specific cabin category? I started looking each sailing date on Horizon one by one... I gave up. I guess a PVP??

A PVP helps especially for this issue because they can see cabins that are available that we can't see on our laptops.  You can request a PVP through the Carnival website or do a search on the site that shall not be named for "Carnival Cruise PVP".  DH and I have a Havana Cabana booked for Jan 2025 on Horizon.  Soooo excited!! Good luck!!

On 1/1/2024 at 11:17 AM, tw67 said:

We have sailed each twice.  The main difference to me is that Vista has the Red Frog Pub, where Horizon has the Pig and Anchor bar.  Love the Pub, Pig and Anchor, not so much. 

Edited by figdu
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, figdu said:

We have sailed each twice.  The main difference to me is that Vista has the Red Frog Pug, where Horizon has the Pig and Anchor bar.  Love the Pub, Pig and Anchor, not so much. 

Awesome! I do love the Red Frog Pub on other ships, so that is good!!

Thanks!!

23 hours ago, ober134 said:

These are VERY popular rooms.  we recently sailed Horizon (November of last year) and the group we were going with def wanted Havana rooms.  Like you we started working out and went about 15 months (the November date we sailed).  PVP or TA can do all the heavy lifting for you, but there is no smoke or mirrors, just plugging away.