First Celebrity cruise and I screwed up the move up offer

compozer

Last week I received an invitation to bid on an upgrade.   I put my bids in and then decided I should research each of the cabins.  Two days later, I received another email asking if I still wanted to bid.    I pulled it up and my bids were still listed.   The more I thought about it, there was one that I wanted to delete.    Could not figure out how to do it so I did the “back” key.   The page came up but I was not able to change anything.   I clicked on forward (or whatever it is called).  And was back at my bids.   Figured I had to go ahead with it BUT the block at the bottom right where it has continue was not highlighted and thus I could not click on it.   I searched and search and finally called Celebrity.  she said the move up department does not have a phone but I could email them.   She gave me the email and I tried five days ago.   Nothing.  It is the same email that I received notifications from.   So I even tried to reply to those emails the same afternoon..  Nothing!

Is there a way to resubmit my bids?    I went back to the original email and clicked on “bid”. But my bids were always there.    No way I could change any of them.    
I am a long time Princess cruiser and am so use to their website.  I really don’t care for Celebrity’s.   Like having to call to make a flight change- - love doing it myself with Princess.  Also, I still can not find how much OBC I have.    

any ideas how I can still bid - I am a month out.   Thanks you so much.

Posted (edited)

You should be able to change bids using the sliding indicator.  There's an option to do so, but if you can't do anything at all, it may be locked as they're considering your bids.  Do your bids say 'pending'?

Message from X website on move up...

Can I modify or cancel my offer after I submit it?

You may modify or cancel your offer up until 2 days prior to departure, provided that your offer has not already been accepted by Celebrity Cruises and provided your credit card has not been charged.

Edited by Oceangoer2

Go to your “my celebrity” on your phone or laptop or tablet and choose the cruise you are inquiring about and you should see a message about your available OBC.  I don’t think it is visible on the app.

1 hour ago, micruiser2002 said:

Go to this page and enter your information and it should show what you have bid.  https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

I have been using that all week.    I put in our booking number and last name.  It looks like it is going to do something but goes right back to the page I have to put my name and booking number.     So frustrating. 

i don’t believe it is in pending yet.  The next step before I stopped was to add my payment and as I said, I wanted to wait and research the cabins.

thanks for trying to help

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

You should be able to change bids using the sliding indicator.  There's an option to do so, but if you can't do anything at all, it may be locked as they're considering your bids.  Do your bids say 'pending'?

Message from X website on move up...

Can I modify or cancel my offer after I submit it?

You may modify or cancel your offer up until 2 days prior to departure, provided that your offer has not already been accepted by Celebrity Cruises and provided your credit card has not been charged.

I saw that I can modify my bid up to 2 days prior.  But no luck.  That slide indicator will not move at all.  Nothing indicated that it is pending.  That is why I can’t figure out why the original bids keep popping up.  Thanks

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Go to your “my celebrity” on your phone or laptop or tablet and choose the cruise you are inquiring about and you should see a message about your available OBC.  I don’t think it is visible on the app.

I have tried that.  Nothing about OBC’s.     I have tried on phone app, tablet and laptop🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, mayleeman said:

@compozer You might also try accessing it from a different device in case your cached info is preventing refreshing the Celebrity web pages you are trying to update.

Thanks but have tried that many times.

Be warned that even if you Win a MoveUp bid on A higher categorie cabin it could end up in a less than desirable location. 

That could be why that cabin was available because nobody booked it.

That happened to me once last year so now I consider that possibility when bidding.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, D. B. said:

Be warned that even if you Win a MoveUp bid on A higher categorie cabin it could end up in a less than desirable location. 

That could be why that cabin was available because nobody booked it.

That happened to me once last year so now I consider that possibility when bidding.

I am aware of this.  Thanks

40 minutes ago, compozer said:

Thanks but have tried that many times.

Have you cleared your history on the webpage?  Or try a different browser?  I was having trouble with Celebrity using Google Chrome and started using Microsoft Edge and it worked better.

1 minute ago, compozer said:

yes I cleared the history several times.   My cabin is fine but just is so frustrating.   May be my last cruise with them

Two things come to mind:

1.) Are you using a VPN? If so, try turning it off then go to the bid page.  Sometimes VPNs interfere with web page functions.

2.) Are you suing Safari?  If so, try Chrome or Firefox instead.   Often the developers don't have Safari in mind for every function.

Did you get an email confirming your original bid?  It should be from Celebrity Moveup with subject We received your Celebrity MoveUp Request.

If you can find that email there is a button to cancel/modify next to your original bid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, compozer said:

Is there a way to resubmit my bids?    I went back to the original email and clicked on “bid”. But my bids were always there.    No way I could change any of them.    

I am confused, are you able to use the original email link and get to your bids? When you do can you see your Pending Bids? If so all you have to do is click on the Offer Received and it will open a new page with the ability to modify or cancel.  image.png.5c0169daa2e1076e48d8e32865e92e37.png

image.png.67ec5d9a1903cf2029946d20e34b994d.png

• Like 1

I never received an email confirming my bids.   As I said I was ready to add my payment type but stopped before I did that.   The first email about bidding was to say I was eligible.  The second one came two days later asking if I was still interested in bidding.   The page that keeps coming up is the page with all the cabin categories with that slide for the bid amount.   It showed the amounts that I had marked.  I could not move the slide.    Down at the bottom right is a block that says continue but mine was not highlighted so I could not click on it.    

I have tried to start over from that first email..  putting in my last name and booking number.but my original bid page always comes up/   

micruiser2002, that page never appeared. 

I really appreciate all the help!!!

Posted (edited)

If you never added a payment method, I don’t think your bids are active.  That’s probably why you never got a bid confirmation.  If you did t follow through to give payment method, then you never submitted your bid.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 3

Wish I could.   The payment page does not come up.    It is the next page after I select my bid using that slide but the box with continue to payment method will not respond.