New Princess Lunch Menus

tjcletzgo

6 hours ago, red4u2 said:

Can you please tell me for embarkation day if they have the beef medallions and orange soufflé still?  thank you!

They did when we were onboard Regal in late December (New Year's cruise).

8 hours ago, HotRoot said:

Yes, as of three weeks ago.  Also, avocado and bay shrimp.

Thank you very much!!   i haven't cruised since Feb 2020.    is there a charge now for these?  thank you, last question!    i so appreciate the help, i couldn't find that info anywhere!

2 minutes ago, red4u2 said:

Thank you very much!!   i haven't cruised since Feb 2020.    is there a charge now for these?  thank you, last question!    i so appreciate the help, i couldn't find that info anywhere!

No charge.  The only extra charge items in the MDR are a filet and lobster tail.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn’t understand all the resistance to the “new” lunch menu.  Now I understand.  Was so looking forward to the chicken (without the waffles) only to discover it’s dark meat which I don’t eat.  Same with the spring rolls - contains shrimp which I can’t eat.  As for the yummy sounding colossal “truffle” fries; ONLY cheese sauce available and the fries are super greasy.  At least I got the spaghetti aglio olio but not enough options for 10 sea days.

1 hour ago, Senga said:

I couldn’t understand all the resistance to the “new” lunch menu.  Now I understand.  Was so looking forward to the chicken (without the waffles) only to discover it’s dark meat which I don’t eat.  Same with the spring rolls - contains shrimp which I can’t eat.  As for the yummy sounding colossal “truffle” fries; ONLY cheese sauce available and the fries are super greasy.  At least I got the spaghetti aglio olio but not enough options for 10 sea days.

Did you try the tacos or the roasted cauliflower? I’m looking forward to trying both. 😋

52 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Did you try the tacos or the roasted cauliflower? I’m looking forward to trying both. 😋

The roasted cauliflower is a must for us on each lunch we attend.  It is a combo of the red and white cauliflower (at least that’s what we’ve seen) and is super delish.

I also love the chicken street tacos, although had the, once when they were spicy and have been craving that spice ever since.  Once, they brought be tobacco to make them spicy .. but that’s the wrong spice for Mexican food.  It needs some jalapeño or even a good Mexican hot sauce.  I still love them, regardless.  
also good is the calamari, the Thai rolls and the pasta olio.  The enchiladas weren’t bad .. but my mantra is “must have chicken tacos”.  
They do have pub lunch in the MDR sometimes, too.  The chicken curry, again, with all the spicy toppings, is phenomenal.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

A table companion loved the tacos, my husband liked the calamari.  I was really looking forward to the cauliflower but found it tasteless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

The roasted cauliflower is a must for us on each lunch we attend.  It is a combo of the red and white cauliflower (at least that’s what we’ve seen) and is super delish.

I also love the chicken street tacos, although had the, once when they were spicy and have been craving that spice ever since.  Once, they brought be tobacco to make them spicy .. but that’s the wrong spice for Mexican food.  It needs some jalapeño or even a good Mexican hot sauce.  I still love them, regardless.  
also good is the calamari, the Thai rolls and the pasta olio.  The enchiladas weren’t bad .. but my mantra is “must have chicken tacos”.  
They do have pub lunch in the MDR sometimes, too.  The chicken curry, again, with all the spicy toppings, is phenomenal.  

I am assuming you mean Tabasco not tobacco. That would be pretty weird 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I was not thrilled to see the same things repeated on the menu at lunch on my Island Princess cruise earlier this month. A woman at my table ordered the chicken and waffles the first time I ate in the dining room. That was one item that tempted me. I'm glad I saw that it was dark meat instead of chicken breast. I got a side of the collards to go with something else. Both of us wondered what type of green they served us. They did not look or taste like collards. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Nine sea days so I will have nine orders of cauliflower and chicken tacos….Hold the tobacco, please. 😂

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, geoherb said:

I was not thrilled to see the same things repeated on the menu at lunch on my Island Princess cruise earlier this month. A woman at my table ordered the chicken and waffles the first time I ate in the dining room. That was one item that tempted me. I'm glad I saw that it was dark meat instead of chicken breast. I got a side of the collards to go with something else. Both of us wondered what type of green they served us. They did not look or taste like collards. 

I’m allergic to dairy so that will probably make the menu really small for me. I will have to search for the menu and see how many items I can order. We will have nine sea days. 

14 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Nine sea days so I will have nine orders of cauliflower and chicken tacos….Hold the tobacco, please. 😂

They also mix in pub lunches on sea days. I think we had 3 or 4 on our last cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I recently experienced the set lunch menu on the Majestic.  I was very underwhelmed with the available choice and the food.  Princess, Please go back to the old rotating menus and selections, PLEASE!  My opinion/YMMV

3 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

The cauliflower is really good, and the sauce is a little spicy. We ordered extra.

I try to never let cauliflower enter my mouth. Blech... 😬

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I’m not the one who posted that… I’m allergic to dairy, lol. 

Sorry...  Anyhow, it all works out, since that stuff probably has no dairy in it.   LOL!

8 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

They also mix in pub lunches on sea days. I think we had 3 or 4 on our last cruise. 

The Island Princess did not have a dedicated pub lunch earlier this month. I noticed they had fish and chips and mushy peas one day in the buffet for lunch. It was not advertised in the Patter. On the Regal Princess a couple of years ago, they had a pub lunch in the buffet that was advertised in the Patter. In addition to the fish and chips and mushy peas, they had Scotch eggs, shepherds pie, cheese and onion pasties, toad in the hole, sausage rolls, and roast beef with Yorkshire pudding When I was on the Caribbean Princess that year, the pub lunch menu was served in the dining room on one of our port days in Greenland.

20220206_120700.jpg

• Like 1