Aboard Symphony for 30 days, Sydney to Bali, Jan 4th to Feb 3rd

TRIPACIAN

6 hours ago, peribit said:

I think Crystal should offer lower Single Supplements to entice more singles to take a cruise.  It was only 30 % in the OC but now they want 65% or more depending on the cruise.  The Single rooms are not appealing!

Pat

Plus 1

4 hours ago, TRIPACIAN said:

We have a single cruiser on board in an Aquamarine suite with no supplement.  I guess this indicates theft pricing is flexible.

Really? This is a surprise. I have 4 more cruises booked with Crystal and when I tried to upgrade to a better cabin, I was supposed to pay more than US 5000 per cruise. 
Ivi

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

Really? This is a surprise. I have 4 more cruises booked with Crystal and when I tried to upgrade to a better cabin, I was supposed to pay more than US 5000 per cruise. 
Ivi

That is my experience too!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TRIPACIAN said:

We have a single cruiser on board in an Aquamarine suite with no supplement.  I guess this indicates theft pricing is flexible.

Did this person get a complimentary upgrade? Will bet they did pay a single supplement on the cabin they originally booked.

Patty

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Did this person get a complimentary upgrade? Will bet they did pay a single supplement on the cabin they originally booked.

Patty

I don’t know and don’t think it would be proper to ask.  We were told that they paid for only one person and did not pay a supplement.  This came up in discussing how much they loved Crystal.  By the way this was her first time cruising on Crystal.

4 hours ago, TRIPACIAN said:

I don’t know and don’t think it would be proper to ask.  We were told that they paid for only one person and did not pay a supplement.  This came up in discussing how much they loved Crystal.  By the way this was her first time cruising on Crystal.

Explains a lot. The person is new to Crystal and didn't know that the unwritten rule is if you get a complimentary upgrade you don't go around bragging about it. It opens a can of worms that needs to be kept closed! I'm sure there are folks here who have received upgrades from old Crystal and possibly new Crystal, but they had the good sense to keep their mouths' shut. 😵😉

Patty

• Like 7

Someone asked me about the condition of the Symphony and to be honest I am amazed at how it looks.  Everything is in almost “like new” order.  We had a group of travel agents on board and one commented that the ship was only a couple years old… ha ha…I didn’t correct her, that would have been rude!  

If you consider that A & K only paid $25 million for the ship and small super yachts sell for much more you can see that this ship was quite a bargain.

IMG_5761.jpeg

• Like 11

11 hours ago, TRIPACIAN said:

Mayb we have a new bridge instructor for our second cruise, her name is Brenda Montague.

Thx! Please tell her Muriel of Muriel and Phil fame says hello. We’ve played on a team with her at least once.

Plus, she was the bridge person on one Crystal we were on, also on Symphony (although I don’t recall the itinerary!).

Edited by May B

3 hours ago, May B said:

Thx! Please tell her Muriel of Muriel and Phil fame says hello. We’ve played on a team with her at least once.

Plus, she was the bridge person on one Crystal we were on, also on Symphony (although I don’t recall the itinerary!).

Brenda said “hello.”

• Thanks 1

Just announced that we will not be calling at Alotau PNG due to continuing civil unrest. Substituting Darwin. Too bad as Alotau was only new port for us. Certainly no need for us to even take the shuttle to downtown Darwin. Besides, will be blasted hot and humid. 
Also sounds like we will scoot into Cairns tomorrow ahead of Cyclone Kirrily. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

Just announced that we will not be calling at Alotau PNG due to continuing civil unrest. Substituting Darwin. Too bad as Alotau was only new port for us. Certainly no need for us to even take the shuttle to downtown Darwin. Besides, will be blasted hot and humid. 
Also sounds like we will scoot into Cairns tomorrow ahead of Cyclone Kirrily. 

Actually this works better for us.  We haven’t been to Darwin and Alotau wasn’t really a port worth visiting (except to check off another country on our bucket list)