Aboard Symphony for 30 days, Sydney to Bali, Jan 4th to Feb 3rd

TRIPACIAN

We woke up this morning with a view of the Symphony docked at White Bay cruise terminal.  We are excited to return to the Symphony, it has been five years since we were on this magnificent ship.  Actually that is  partially incorrect, because we were on the Serenity in November 2019, and when we were in Turks and Caicos the Symphony was also in port.  We boarded the Symphony for a brief visit that day including lunch and had a happy reunion with several of the crew members. 

We have recently been on the Serenity for a b2b 23 day cruise from Quebec to Miami and Miami to Miami cruise.  That cruise convinced us that Crystal is definitely back.  We had a fantastic trip and we are looking forward to many more cruises on Crystal.  We have booked an additional 138 days on Crystal including the 2025 World Cruise. 

I will not be doing a daily blog about this cruise but I will be commenting as something of value occurs.  I will also be comparing the Symphony experience with my recent Serenity cruise.  I will attempt to answer any questions you may have about the Symphony but I won’t be posting daily menus and the daily Reflection.  That is just too much work, I want to enjoy my cruise.  

Our taxi has arrived and we are leaving for the port,  Can’t wait to board!!!!i

IMG_5614.jpeg

IMG_5612.jpeg

• Like 11

Posted (edited)

We are on this cruise also. Hope you don’t me me jumping in on your thread. Also happy to answer any questions. Our car will be arriving in about half an hour. We were on Symphony in September this year and if standards are the same today as they were then I think we are in for a real treat!

Edited by DaisyUK
  • Like 6

That's the last place I disembarked from a Crystal Ship!   Sydney April 2019 White Bay Terminal.  Gosh I wish I was boarding with you!!

Have a wonderful cruise and thanks for posting whenever you get inspired!  @DaisyUK also!

~Nancy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaisyUK said:

We are on this cruise also. Hope you don’t me me jumping in on your thread. Also happy to answer any questions. Our car will be arriving in about half an hour. We were on Symphony in September this year and if standards are the same today as they were then I think we are in for a real treat!

Glad to join you onboard!  Feel free to join me on this thread.  

• Like 1

Tripacian and Daisy UK:

We are delighted to rejoin Symphony and the great crew after our Athens to Venice inaugural cruise in September.  Great to be cruising with you the next 30 days!

Except for Auckland, all the ports of call are new for us so ready for new adventures and experiences.

Happy new year and onwards!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TRIPACIAN said:

Roy, I believe you were on the Symphony when we were in Turks and Caicos!

You are correct.  I moved over from the Serenity Transatlantic and actually went back over to Serenity for a visit from Grand Turk.  I was amazed at how much holiday decoration had gone up during my time on Symphony.

Roy

Posted (edited)

Tripacian, I’d like to hear who’s doing the bridge if you get a chance. I was intrigued to see that I know the couple on the Serenity holiday cruise doing bridge (in the Lounge).

Bon voyage to you and to DaisyUk. It makes it even more exciting for me to know people currently board Crystal. Happy to have cruised with the four of you.

Edited by May B
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, May B said:

Tripacian, I’d like to hear who’s doing the bridge if you get a chance. I was intrigued to see that I know the couple on the Serenity holiday cruise doing bridge (in the Lounge).

Bon voyage to you and to DaisyUk. It makes it even more exciting for me to know people currently board Crystal. Happy to have cruised with the four of you.

So far no bridge instructor on this cruise.  We heard there was a visa issue that prevented the instructor from joining the cruise 

On 1/4/2024 at 7:01 PM, TRIPACIAN said:

So far no bridge instructor on this cruise.  We heard there was a visa issue that prevented the instructor from joining the cruise 

Wow, bummer …for the players AND the instructor!

A little update from a very rocky Tasmanian Sea. We're having a great time onboard Symphony. Weather is disappointing, but it is what it is and we are hoping for some improvement before we get to the Sounds/Fjords🤞 Apart from the weather, all is good. We are a little light on passengers - we were told there are about 250 onboard. We've enjoyed some wonderful food, service and entertainment. The crew go out of their way at all times to be helpful, friendly and to engage. 

• Like 2

Day five of the cruise and we are enjoying the great food, entertainment and service.  Tasmania was everything we expected and we had great weather for that portion of our cruise.  We are experiencing wet and dreary conditions as we cross the Tasman sea heading to New Zealand but hopefully it will improve.

We have heard “rumors” that the Symphony will be upgraded so that it will meet the environmental standards necessary to enter US and other international ports.  This is going to be necessary for the ship to be economically viable over the next few years until the new builds arrive.  The Symphony is in fantastic condition and will have a great future with these improvements.  

Last night in Waterside, we enjoyed one of our favorite Prego appetizers “beef carpaccio” and it was fantastic.  Overall, the food has been very good and as I reported on our Serenity cruise “better than ever.”  The hotel director reported that over 80% of the crew had returned and this is reflected in both the service and happy mood on the ship.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, TRIPACIAN said:

We have heard “rumors” that the Symphony will be upgraded so that it will meet the environmental standards necessary to enter US and other international ports.  This is going to be necessary for the ship to be economically viable over the next few years until the new builds arrive

sure hope the rumors become a reality!

Nancy

• Like 5

When any of these companies talk about “new builds” don’t believe a word until they announce a contract with a builder. I, too hope Crystal will be able to move forward but even with the cash they have they cannot compete with MSC and RCL. And with only 250 pax on board it is going to be tough sledding to get the $$ they need to expand. 
We board in Sydney on 1/21 for 68 days. Can’t wait. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Day five of the cruise and we are enjoying the great food, entertainment and service.  Tasmania was everything we expected and we had great weather for that portion of our cruise.  We are experiencing wet and dreary conditions as we cross the Tasman sea heading to New Zealand but hopefully it will improve.

We have heard “rumors” that the Symphony will be upgraded so that it will meet the environmental standards necessary to enter US and other international ports.  This is going to be necessary for the ship to be economically viable over the next few years until the new builds arrive.  The Symphony is in fantastic condition and will have a great future with these improvements.  

Last night in Waterside, we enjoyed one of our favorite Prego appetizers “beef carpaccio” and it was fantastic.  Overall, the food has been very good and as I reported on our Serenity cruise “better than ever.”  The hotel director reported that over 80% of the crew had returned and this is reflected in both the service and happy mood on the ship.