Liberty-Bimini port

We received an upgrade offer from interior cabin (deck 2) to an ocean view (deck 1) for my son and DIL, first cruise for them and DIL gets major motion sickness so I'm going with the upgrade.  One of the ports is Bimini and I'm trying to figure out which side of the ship I should choose. Ive never been to Bimini so I don't know what the port looks like.  What do you recommend...port or starboard??  And any other advice would be great! TIA!

Posted (edited)

I don't really think it matters. The ship will be parked bow in and both sides will get a view of the Bimini shoreline, mostly beachy type waterfront.

If memory serves it's actually a reasonably long pier, directly 90 degrees, so no view from a Deck #1 OV is anything to get particularly excited about.

Also, we very much enjoyed a golf cart rental/exploration day last time we were there. We walked ashore (maybe a 1/3 mile) and rented a cart for the day. No need to coordinate through a ship sponsored excursion. This was during the Covid recovery. I think we paid about $60.

Edited by jsglow

1 hour ago, jsglow said:

I don't really think it matters. The ship will be parked bow in and both sides will get a view of the Bimini shoreline, mostly beachy type waterfront.

If memory serves it's actually a reasonably long pier, directly 90 degrees, so no view from a Deck #1 OV is anything to get particularly excited about.

Also, we very much enjoyed a golf cart rental/exploration day last time we were there. We walked ashore (maybe a 1/3 mile) and rented a cart for the day. No need to coordinate through a ship sponsored excursion. This was during the Covid recovery. I think we paid about $60.

I feel like the ships are always docking here with the stern in (closest to the shore) with the bow pointing out to the ocean with the pier on the port, left side of the ship. I'm writing this from the Freedom currently docked in Bimini and this is the same case today. I think OP would want to pick a cabin on the right side of the ship for the most unobstructed views. OP hope this helps!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ohioNCLcruiser said:

I feel like the ships are always docking here with the stern in (closest to the shore) with the bow pointing out to the ocean with the pier on the port, left side of the ship. I'm writing this from the Freedom currently docked in Bimini and this is the same case today. I think OP would want to pick a cabin on the right side of the ship for the most unobstructed views. OP hope this helps!

That's exactly how we were docked on Sunshine in 2022 when I was there. Stern-in.

I picked a cabin on the right side of the ship. 🙌 Thank you for the info!  And good info on the golf cart which is most likely what we will do...unless DIL wants to just park it on the beach.  We'll see now her tummy is feeling. She has stocked up on every possible sea sick solution, patch included.  

Now I need to figure out hotel before and after cruise...We are flying into Orlando. 

7 hours ago, jsglow said:

It is a fairly long pier

• Like 1

19 hours ago, snorkler8 said:

I picked a cabin on the right side of the ship. 🙌 Thank you for the info!  And good info on the golf cart which is most likely what we will do...unless DIL wants to just park it on the beach.  We'll see now her tummy is feeling. She has stocked up on every possible sea sick solution, patch included.  

Now I need to figure out hotel before and after cruise...We are flying into Orlando. 

If you are staying the night before at a hotel near Port Canaveral, check out Rikki Tiki Tavern at the end of Cocoa Beach Pier.  Great place to grab a bite/drink and watch the surfers.

Also look into acupressure bracelets that reduce nausea like at Walgreens.  That could help your DIL without taking drugs possibly.  Ginger is good as well.

If you are renting a gold cart, I have heard that Radio Beach is very nice in Bimini.  I have not been there myself. We went to ResortWorld via tram and that was nice.  It is a long pier😉

Have a wonderful cruise!

rikki tiki.png

• Like 1

19 hours ago, snorkler8 said:

The island is super small, so you can totally do both. That's what we did last week when we were in Bimini. we rented the cart and drove it through town until the main road just ended at Radio Beach, which is a lot nicer/more secluded spot than the main beach off the dock.

5 hours ago, MisterOJ2 said:

The island is super small, so you can totally do both. That's what we did last week when we were in Bimini. we rented the cart and drove it through town until the main road just ended at Radio Beach, which is a lot nicer/more secluded spot than the main beach off the dock.

Thank you!

6 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

If you are staying the night before at a hotel near Port Canaveral, check out Rikki Tiki Tavern at the end of Cocoa Beach Pier.  Great place to grab a bite/drink and watch the surfers.

Also look into acupressure bracelets that reduce nausea like at Walgreens.  That could help your DIL without taking drugs possibly.  Ginger is good as well.

If you are renting a gold cart, I have heard that Radio Beach is very nice in Bimini.  I have not been there myself. We went to ResortWorld via tram and that was nice.  It is a long pier😉

Have a wonderful cruise!

rikki tiki.png

Great picture!  Thanks for the info 🙂

• Like 1