Tired of same beach

We've always done MB for beach time when visiting but now that kids are older and can swim/snorkel more independently, we're open to trying a new beach to taxi to/from. Loungers/umbrellas would be nice. We're in port from 7-4, along with 4 other ships. I know March is a very busy month too so I'm overwhelmed at looking at all the choices and making the "right" one. But, I don't want to default back to MB just because of this lol. It appears that a lot of private tours/excursions are already booked for our day too. We've got St. Martaan the day before (still undecided on activity there) but still think a beach day is our St. T plans.

Thanks!

Every inch of shoreline in St Thomas is public space... There are endless beaches in St Thomas, take your pick.  Coki Beach(great snorkeling, more local, can get crowded)  Morning Star Beach(close to port) Lindburg Beach (by the airport, kinda close to port) Honeymoon Beach (ferry ride, great beach) Frenchman Bay Beach (kinda secluded, no services) Bolongo Bay (No clue, never been there) 

The list goes on....

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

Here's my list with reviews and tons of pictures. You can check them out and if you have any questions, feel free to ask

ST THOMAS

Great pictures of Sapphire Beach I used to go there 20 years ago when nothing was there. Thanks for the pictures!!🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Looks exactly like it did 20 year's ago except now there are people. Nice!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Great pictures of Sapphire Beach I used to go there 20 years ago when nothing was there. Thanks for the pictures!!🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Looks exactly like it did 20 year's ago except now there are people. Nice!!

Yea, our first cruise went there 14 years ago and we loved it so much we went back to stay there on a land vacation and loved it even more. Have been back a few times. We even tried to do a before and after picture located in the same spot lol

d131be_8266b0122974432181eae0629063deba_mv2_d_3264_2448_s_4_2.thumb.webp.31b04d9711f6dc93e4bc93d2f0d4dbd1.webp

image.thumb.jpeg.437d88af6e0d16dac0ccdacbd7866245.jpeg

d131be_0a21bc92ddf4449f905ca93de5923907_mv2_d_3264_2448_s_4_2.thumb.webp.43a8d469bfdf894aea9d193c5f69ee3a.webp

image.thumb.jpeg.de079a93f1f0af352f86dbc228828106.jpeg

We've been to Sapphire Beach also -- very nice. Our boys did tandem parasailing there. We swam.

Also went to Honeymoon Beach -- took the ferry over to "Water Island". It's pretty, but very calm, shallow water;  most people just lay around on the beach or in the water with drinks in their hands.

We took our boys to Ocean World (kind of like an aquarium) where you can walk down a ramp which goes into their underwater building. You watch the fish swimming around the building in a full 360 degrees -- windows everywhere! There are some tanks up at street level with sharks, seals, etc...we loved Ocean World! ...

Then Coki Beach is very close by (right across the main road, I believe). We didn't make it over there, but I've read reviews that say you can snorkel there.  

Thanks for sharing, NeedToVacation. Coral World is the name of small aquarium like attraction on St Thomas. The talks that they offer throughout the day are very informative. They give you the schedule of the talks when you enter.

On 1/7/2024 at 12:19 PM, Vitamin Sea Addict said:

We've always done MB for beach time when visiting but now that kids are older and can swim/snorkel more independently, we're open to trying a new beach to taxi to/from. Loungers/umbrellas would be nice. We're in port from 7-4, along with 4 other ships. I know March is a very busy month too so I'm overwhelmed at looking at all the choices and making the "right" one. But, I don't want to default back to MB just because of this lol. It appears that a lot of private tours/excursions are already booked for our day too. We've got St. Martaan the day before (still undecided on activity there) but still think a beach day is our St. T plans.

Thanks!

Try Secret harbor.  Much better snorkeling.  Or if in Crown Bay, take ferry to water island.  

• Like 1

Sapphire Beach is paradise on STT. Gorgeous water colors and beautiful island views! If you’ve never been I highly recommend Sapphire over any other beach.

Lindqvist (Smith Bay Park) is the only other beach we would choose over Sapphire, but we’d be bringing towels to lay on, and our own lunch and drinks.

As an aside, we’ve stayed at the SBRM multiple times but have never been there on a cruise. But I know some folks who first enjoyed Sapphire on a cruise day returned to stay at SBRM, Sapphire Village, or Crystal Cove because they fell in love with Sapphire. Also a great location near Red Hook!

If lunch with a nicer restaurant on a beach is something you’d like, perhaps Sunset Grille at the Secret Harbour Resort (fish tacos, mahi sandwich, jerk chicken, yum!), or Sangria’s at the Elysian Beach Resort in Cowpet Bay (mango mahi tacos, shrimp po’ boy!).

Secret Harbor gets a bit congested and day visitor seating is limited. Be sure to reserve lounges/umbrellas ahead at www.aadivers.com.

Elysian has no other amenities for day visitors.

Coki is just too busy on cruise ship days to enjoy.

And Honeymoon Beach on Water Island was once a nice option. Just busier today, especially with excursions stopping in at Dinghy’s Beach Bar. And with a cruise ship in Crown Bay the small ferry fills up quickly.

As mentioned by crewsweeper, if your port is Crown Bay, Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald Beach) is a nice enough beach. The Emerald Resort has a beach bar, restaurant, and nice restrooms, and there are lounge/umbrella rentals…

Edited by blue_water
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1