Celebration! / Live! / Solo? Jan-14-21-2024 The Tribe Cruise!

I was taking some pictures inside the obviously empty restaurant, and this lady comes in behind me and asked "are they still serving brunch?"... My back was turned to her, so I just figured she was talking to someone else. Then she started yelling behind me loudly "I said are they still serving!"... Apparently she was talking to me... How the heck am I supposed to know, do I look like I'm wearing a CCL uniform?

• Like 5
  • Haha 31

5 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I was taking some pictures inside the obviously empty restaurant, and this lady comes in behind me and asked "are they still serving brunch?"... My back was turned to her, so I just figured she was talking to someone else. Then she started yelling behind me loudly "I said are they still serving!"... Apparently she was talking to me... How the heck am I supposed to know, do I look like I'm wearing a CCL uniform?

That’s where you say “yes they are, back there” and point to the back of the dining room.

• Like 5
  • Haha 31

16 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Wow like she just couldn't tell people sitting at the bar that if you want to order coffee come down over here🙄

Sometimes crowd control and signage is not strong with Carnival. You would think a large corporation could do better. 
On the Magic a few weeks ago I was at the Deli and what I thought was the order line but actually it was on the side. Problem was the order here sign was right on the middle of the two lines. 
I politely said “why don’t we turn the sign to the ordering side” and turned it. The sign was like that for the rest of the cruise. 

When you’re on a vacation with so many variables tolerance goes a long way. 

IMG_4208.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

This is where I'm supposed to meet Jamman for the Diamond thing at noon.

PXL_20240115_155344339.thumb.jpg.90752e9ed8ea79c8ae74aa9e95ef5647.jpg

I love how this class goes pays homage to CCL history.  I'm a frequent NCL cruiser and nice its to see some of these ships i grew up seeing in Miami (First cruise was when i was 6 months old in 1985 - SS Norway)

• Like 11

As for the kerfuffle this morning over coffee, as one of the human race who DOES NOT SPEAK before coffee, anything more than pointing and grunting can set me off! Perhaps not to the point of cussing, but then again, I'm Canadian, we're too polite for that... but inside my head, I'd have been swearing like a sailor too long at sea!!!

Not to worry, Sid- this too shall pass!

Have a great time at the Diamond Lunch with the high muckity mucks... and Jamman & Patti of course, who are just normal people who have cruised more than any human should be allowed to, without me!

• Like 13

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

Apparently I was calling this the Brass Magnolia Bar last night. I think it's called the Golden Jubilee.

PXL_20240115_155955220.jpg

It’s brass magnolia on Mardi Gras. Ties into that theme. The magnolia is the state flower of Louisiana.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1