Celebration! / Live! / Solo? Jan-14-21-2024 The Tribe Cruise!

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from sid_9169! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Live Cruise Reports page.. . When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

sid_9169 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

“The Circus arrives without warning…” 

Set your taste buds to stun and put on your “fat pants” for another adventure upon the high seas with sid_9169, dropping in here to blow up the blogosphere with a very special edition of As the Ship Turns, as we revisit the beautiful Carnival Celebration… 

No scrap of food or beverage in sight is safe from consumption in the coming days, as we venture into the great blue unknown… Those of you way out on the periphery please move in closer so you can be part of the action… You paid for the entire seat, but you're only going to need the edge this coming week, as we conquer the Caribbea

n. 

PXL_20221207_192911521.jpg

• Like 65
  • Haha 1

After a less than stellar experience on board Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady around Halloween 2023, luckily I had this sailing in my back pocket… Things pretty much began to fall apart on the second night, and never really recovered. I ended up getting sick in the middle of the second night, and that's not even close to the worst of what happened. If you followed along, then you already know. It ended up being my “worst cruise ever”, and the weird thing is, that my other worst cruise ever also happened over Halloween. At this point I've put that experience in the rear view mirror, and I'm ready to move on! Hopefully things on this sailing will end up being a complete 180°

• Like 46

I hope you're all ready for what will most certainly prove to be a wild ride this coming week! I've got my memes locked and loaded, and I'm hoping and praying for a great experience for my second go round on the Celebration. Be sure to click that "follow" button so you don't miss out on a single portion! But first I've gotta try and survive three more days (including today) over at the 'ol salt mine, AKA: work...

• Like 20

We're supposed to have a couple of VIP customers here in the store today, which usually means going "above and beyond" and "doing whatever it takes" to make a big sale... 

"If he dies, he dies..."

• Like 11

Thanks for taking us along again! I will be here for it. I couldn’t keep up with The Tribe posts and still struggle to follow reviews on here, but I try my best. Sending you all good vibes and wishing the whole Tribe safe travels ❤️

• Like 8

Just now, sid_9169 said:

We're supposed to have a couple of VIP customers here in the store today, which usually means going "above and beyond" and "doing whatever it takes" to make a big sale... 

"If he dies, he dies..."

I hope you sell tons of rugs and get a good bonus to take with you this weekend!

• Like 10

In addition to a cruise "review", we're also going to be taking a trip down memory lane this week. Back to a simpler time, when you could actually joke about things without people getting all bent out of shape... Are you game?

***One that the ladies will remember for sure...

img_1_1699563028182.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 46

But first, let's go allll the way back to the start…

In the beginning, a few fellow and female Tribe members had vaguely talked about maybe putting together some kind of a “group sailing”. One of these particular individuals had already booked a particular cruise on the Carnival Celebration, and next thing you know, things began to snowball. Pretty soon, nearly a couple of dozen people had "jumped on board", including some of the Cruise Critic “big shots” who will be revealed soon enough. (*** edit to add: the cat was mostly out of the bag when Megan started her review earlier this week…)

I didn't have anything else booked at the time, so I ended up booking this on March 16th 2023, and the rest is history.

I’ll have to admit that I'm just a little bit apprehensive about doing some kind of “group cruise”, as I'm a whole lot more comfortable going solo, but I'm in too deep at this point, so… Some of y'all know that I'm oftentimes prone to wild emotional swings, and there are times when I just like to sit at the bar all alone and drink, so this is going to be an entirely new experience for me. 

Wish

me luck!

img_1_1699305350041.jpg

• Like 26
  • Haha 20