Celebration! / Live! / Solo? Jan-14-21-2024 The Tribe Cruise!

31 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Do it. Cut bait. Sure, we'll all miss the LIVEs, but you say this on every review. Take that leap. Bet on yourself. Go do something else. Aim high. Anyone who really supports you will be happy to see you pursue your dreams. Run wild, baby!

Exactly what he said!! If you can, just try and let us know, so we can still follow along.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Whoa just the taxes are $2.24? That must be an expensive tequila…or ridiculous taxes. I’m guessing tequila because I don’t remember paying that much for taxes in San Juan.

11.5% tax in San Juan. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

This was an epic day in OSJ. Thanks for all the pics and drinks. I enjoy your reviews and insights and always enjoy reading your “lives”. Have a great day in St Thomas. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I know people think it's strange that I don't like my room cleaned, but I'm just a very self sufficient type of person, and I deal with OCD, and having them in here triggers my OCD. I don't have any idea what they touched, if they were wearing gloves, what was ON those gloves, ect... For all I know, they cleaned the toilet THEN made my bed, so now whatever was on the toilet is ALSO on my bed, where I sleep (or not now)... That Snoozin' sign is never leaving my door again.

While I was resanitizing the room, I went to clean the outside of the door handle and the room steward girl was out there, and says "I cleaned up your room for you Mr James"... I really wanted to say that I wish you wouldn't have, but I was trying to be nice... 

I’m pretty proud of you for this. 

• Like 2

Pretty bummed you won’t be doing more Lives… I just think the “tribe” isn’t your vibe, even if they are your friends. You seem to be much happier not feeling like you need to try to join. I prefer the Sid who is moving to his own flow… but I’m just an outsider watching you sink deeper into yourself… missing the you that doesn’t give a crap about who is on the cruise around you. 

Hope the rest of your cruise is amazing! ***and hope you change your mind about live reviews ***

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I didn't even look at the actual charge, but I assume it was under the Cheers limit of $20... That does seem kinda high though...

11.5% sales tax in SJ

• Like 3

8 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Piggybacking on my commentary from last night: I've decided that this "Live reviewing" on Cruise Critic is fun, but not exactly fruitful for my future... I want to find something else to do with my writing skills besides whatever this is, as it's most certainly just paddling into the current at best.

I want to try and find something bigger and better, and with more freedom to use the words and expressions necessary to convey my story, rather than to having to hold back 70% of what I really need to say... As an artist, being restricted this way just isn't working for me...

I've had a lot of fun here, but my future lies elsewhere... No idea what other adventures await, but it seems I've run my course here in this realm... Of course, I plan on finishing out this "review" or whatever you want to call it, but once this one's done, I'm moving on to hopefully bigger and better things... ... ...

The grass isn't greener on the other side.  The grass is greener where you water it.

Water away!

• Like 6

10 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Excel Squares are the best inside cabins at sea IMHO.

Also, love those Boudin balls. Big Boudin guy. 

Interesting.

I got a TL:DR here on rooms because I like my space more than natural light.

How are these square rooms with three or four passengers? We were in what they called a premium interior on MG. There aren’t a ton of them on the ship. The footprint of the room was identical to the balcony rooms minus the balcony, long rectangle-ish with bed next to a sitting area. We confirmed this by participating in a CC cabin crawl. In theory they were thus ‘posed ta be bigger than the regular interiors. 

We of course couldn’t use the sofa because it was our teen’s bed, leaving just the open space next to it to get to the desk, closets and bathroom. And not much space because the rooms have alternating bump outs to accommodate the king beds and steal that space from the sitting area next door. IMG_8347.thumb.jpeg.cb222565f212905e1185641da2da952b.jpeg

Mardi Gras Premium Interior.

So far we’ve never had a room on any ship with any kind of upper bunk and so we always lose floor and or furniture space if we have the kid in our room. I don’t really plan it this way, it’s just how the room is laid out.

The worst for that was Carnival Sensation where the trundle bed took up nearly all of the already minimal floor space leaving about 6 inches of walking path snaking around the beds, the closest I ever came to hating a cruise ship stateroom. Every day I cursed the lack of an upper berth in that room. IMG_4326.thumb.jpeg.1f09717c1039dd6c06ffdbf59c1ec0a2.jpeg

Carnival Sensation standard interior with loathsome trundle occupying all open space. 

Meanwhile DH and I, alone on Vista, had one of those forward inside with picture window facing a secret walkway deck. This room was really spacious without a sofa (or even a comfy chair) that would have fit pretty easily. I found all the open space absolutely wonderful but puzzled over why this big room is just a double where smaller rooms are crammed full of people. Seems like really poor planning. IMG_0468.thumb.jpeg.4ab2f8af67c536540bc64ce3e1cc294c.jpeg

IMG_0471.thumb.jpeg.e95babe040821ee7c79ca11983f26bfd.jpeg

IMG_0470.thumb.jpeg.fd8ddd484be591001fc1cdd38e7c4a08.jpeg

Big room on Vista for just two people, no seating in the room except the crappy desk stool though there’s plenty of room for a loveseat or an easy chair. 

• Like 3

On 1/10/2024 at 1:00 PM, dallasdan said:

I am not to proud of this, but when I was around 11 we found a pay phone that worked without putting a dime in it.  Needless to say my friends and I made a lot prank phone calls.

a DIME?!    What century are you from?    😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I normally drink a whole pot of black coffee in the morning before work, but I've had to cut down to one of these cups so I don't have to stand in that long line TWICE...

PXL_20240118_125802709.jpg

• Like 11

I wanted to take the dollar bus over to Lindquist or Sapphire Beach, but between my late start and the distance from here coupled with the irregularity of the bus, I'm not sure if it's worth it for one or two hours at the beach. I am enjoying this warm weather down here, knowing what it's like back home...

• Like 12

10 hours ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

Have enjoyed all your reviews.  Hope you find that bigger and better thing.  This is my only social media so hopefully I’ll be able to find you wherever it is. 

@Colorado Beach Bum, agree, this is also my only social media and was wondering how I would find Sid’s future writings. I have read Sid’s recent LIVES but apparently he has many more from the past, need to find them to read now. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, cellfree said:

@Colorado Beach Bum, agree, this is also my only social media and was wondering how I would find Sid’s future writings. I have read Sid’s recent LIVES but apparently he has many more from the past, need to find them to read now. 

Saint Greg, for example, has a blog and he shares the link. Maybe Sid will either partner as a guest of some established cruise bloggers or develop his own further than he has so far.

Hopefully he plans to stay in contact at The Tribe thread.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Click on my username, and then the little rectangular box in the middle under my name. Then it'll bring up another menu, click content type, and then topics... That'll take you directly to everything I've ever written on Cruise Critic...

Screenshot_20240118-082419.thumb.png.4bb52a1e7609a9b48f953998fd1ed7cf.png

Screenshot_20240118-082430.thumb.png.6ea3609f6168e06ea1ee3b65edc6dcdb.png

Screenshot_20240118-082441.png

• Like 9