NCL Epic Questions

MSPCUBS

There are 4 of us on this ship in February.  We have adjoining balcony cabins (not connecting) on Deck 8.  Can anyone tell me if our partition can be opened between our balconies?

I think I also read that you can bring wine on board if you have the alcohol beverage package with out paying a corkage fee. Is this correct?  Is there a limit on how much you can bring?

Thank you!

4 hours ago, MSPCUBS said:

There are 4 of us on this ship in February.  We have adjoining balcony cabins (not connecting) on Deck 8.  Can anyone tell me if our partition can be opened between our balconies?

I think I also read that you can bring wine on board if you have the alcohol beverage package with out paying a corkage fee. Is this correct?  Is there a limit on how much you can bring?

Thank you!

The partitions will not be opened because it is a fire safety hazard for the ship. 

You can bring as much wine as you can carry,,,, but you can drink as much free with the package without having to lug around bottles for hours on embarkation day b

SO DISAPOINTED!  I have been on Holland America, Princess, and Carnival.  We have always been able to have the partition opened.  My reservations about this NCL cruise continues.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MSPCUBS said:

SO DISAPOINTED!  I have been on Holland America, Princess, and Carnival.  We have always been able to have the partition opened.  My reservations about this NCL cruise continues.

We (accidentally) opened the partition from our balcony to another balcony of a stateroom that was empty on Joy. You might be able to nudge the partition open, but expect someone to come and tell you to close it, because...well fire. Blah, blah, just an excuse to me. I don't buy it - one ship out of how many ships and cruises? So, anyway, you may be able to open it. Try it out, just be sure to close it when you leave either room. 

But, then again, you should always, always, always obey the rules. Right? 

Not going to discuss the balcony as it's already been said 100x (and no, NCL is not the only cruise line who won't do this).

But for your wine question - yes, you can bring bottles on. If you have the FAS drink package you will not be charged a corkage fee. We've brought them on in both our checked bags as well as carry on (cruise left from NY so no flights involved on that one). For the checked bags I usually wrap a note around the bottle that says "Hi, we have the drink package, please don't take my wine!". Not sure if it helps but we've never had an issue.

Have brough wine, champagne, and even a few cans of special beer. No, you can't take a 24 pack of Natty Ice on board, but 2 16oz cans of a special stout and IPA were ok to bring on and share with friends who can't try those beers back in their homeland.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Have you seen the Epic balcony stateroom "bathroom" situation? 🤔

Yes, I have.  Interesting layout.  I. have never been on a bad vacation or a cruise, even when the airline lost my luggage and I spent 2 weeks without it.  Things happen. So, I am sure this one will be fine.  I probably just need an attitude adjustment. Thanks.

cruiseny4life - thank you for the heads up on the balcony.  It is worth a try. 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MSPCUBS said:

Yes, I have.  Interesting layout.  I. have never been on a bad vacation or a cruise, even when the airline lost my luggage and I spent 2 weeks without it.  Things happen. So, I am sure this one will be fine.  I probably just need an attitude adjustment. Thanks.

cruiseny4life - thank you for the heads up on the balcony.  It is worth a try. 🙂

I hear ya as most stateroom bathrooms are so damn tiny they are not worth the space...

This is a unique layout...

12 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

We (accidentally) opened the partition from our balcony to another balcony of a stateroom that was empty on Joy.

How does one accidentally open the partition? 🙂

30 minutes ago, Roonil_Wazlib said:

We were on the Epic in 2017 and we were able to open the little door in the partition between our balconies 🤷‍♀️

Times have changed

• Haha 1

So interesting! We were in the Epic last summer and we had three balcony cabins in a row and they opened them for us. Our room attendant said they usually don’t because they are not allowed but they did. And it was so convenient for the 9 days! We even put 4 chairs on one balcony and no one ever said anything to us!