Stockholder OBC awarded but not applied to account. Guest services refused to credit acct even with email.

16 hours ago, crystalspin said:

There is no age requirement to joining AARP. HAL and only HAL as far as I know, started a program last summer where IF you are an AARP member, and verify it BEFORE booking, you can apply that confirmation to get OBC amount depends on length of cruise and class of cabin:

Offer Details

CRUISE LENGTH Inside & Ocean View  Verandahs & Suites
5- to 9-day Cruises $50 per stateroom $100 per stateroom
10+ day Cruises & Cruisetours $100 per stateroom $200 per stateroom

You must be 50+ to join AARP

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mrs.beachowes said:

Tried again and refused again.  They told us to call shareholders office and take it up with them.   Pass the buck😡  Next cruise I’ll try to check before sailing.  

On 1/12/2024 at 4:48 PM, mrs.beachowes said:

Yes, I redeemed the perk.  No I didn’t print the email, just had it on my phone.

I have had the stock for a couple of years, never had this problem before.  Im thinking there’s a problem with the stockperks app.  Thanks for the replies.

That is very unfortunate. You would think with email verification that accounting on the ship could just add.

On 1/12/2024 at 8:34 PM, Cruise Suzy said:

I look at the OBC listed on our confirmation receipts from HAL Before requesting SOBC. both DH and I have the same amount. After getting it, one will have more than the other. I always request a confirmation receipt from our TA after getting the SOBC. The SOBC always been there.

Thank You so very much.   I see that the $100 OBC for over 55  is for HAL.  I did not see the HAL and thought it was for RC or Celebrity (or Princess).  I do get the booking reduction for over 55 (I think) when I book on these lines.      VERY MUCH appreciate your response.

Art 

Stockperks refused my stockholder onboard credit stating that my CRUISE had been a discounted price and if I had any questions to email Holland America. I contacted HAL and they ask for the proof of my stock ownership and they then gave me the SOBC. I was pleasantly surprised.....

The purchase price was not discounted other than being from an online TA. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B&J1 said:

Stockperks refused my stockholder onboard credit stating that my CRUISE had been a discounted price and if I had any questions to email Holland America. I contacted HAL and they ask for the proof of my stock ownership and they then gave me the SOBC. I was pleasantly surprised.....

The purchase price was not discounted other than being from an online TA. 

Good to hear you were able to get the OBC going through HAL. Inconvenient and time consuming when you had to go through them anyway. Safe travels- enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

Just want to provide an update to my previous Stockperks/OBC post. 

I received an email from Stockperks with the heading "Successful OBC Application to Itinerary".  It mentioned my Booking # and Departure Date.  This came 11 days after the "New Perk Redeemed" email.

Four days after the above Stockperks email, I received an email from the CCLSHAREHOLDER email address saying that I have received the OBC.  Unfortunately, it had an Incorrect Booking Number, so I've sent a return email asking that they make certain the OBC is applied to the correct reservation.

It seems that the initial verification from Stockperks about your "Perk Being Redeemed" comes quickly.  The actual posting of the Perk (the linking of the OBC to your reservation) takes much longer.

On 1/13/2024 at 12:42 PM, crystalspin said:

Both of my cruises were refused (but refused because they said I already had the benefit?) -- one has AARP credit and the other pre-dates that promotion. The AARP and SHB should be stackable. 

I am hoping I'm really already redeemed and that it's just not showing yet. Waiting until next week to call again.

try this - fax your proof of stock with your booking number. you can block out what you need to , but they always need a current proof of stock statement. with dates and amount of shares that you hold. 

good luck

World Cruise Reservations

Holland America Line

Phone: 800-522-3399

Fax#: 206-501-2620

Live update:

I went through the Stockperks process, got the "your verification has been accepted", did the redeem perk step, got the "forwarded to HAL" message, got the "your OBC has been awarded message".  But I pulled a HAL invoice and it wasn't showing up.  Pulled another one 2 days before my 1/13 embarkation, and nothing.  So, first day on ship I went to guest services (long line but not for me -- thank you Club Orange) and showed the rep the email that gave the award.  She asked to forward it to a ship email addy and said that it might take a couple of days because it was the weekend, but that she would get back to me by Tuesday.

Sounds like the perfect setting for an unhappy ending.

NOPE, got a phone call in my cabin this morning that it was straightened out and would show up on my statement later today.  Just checked the statement on my cabin TV, and there is was.

So if yours hasn't shown up yet, take hope.

Edited by Toofarfromthesea
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

Live update:

I went through the Stockperks process, got the "your verification has been accepted", did the redeem perk step, got the "forwarded to HAL" message, got the "your OBC has been awarded message".  But I pulled a HAL invoice and it wasn't showing up.  Pulled another one 2 days before my 1/13 embarkation, and nothing.  So, first day on ship I went to guest services (long line but not for me -- thank you Club Orange) and showed the rep the email that gave the award.  She asked to forward it to a ship email addy and said that it might take a couple of days because it was the weekend, but that she would get back to me by Tuesday.

Sounds like the perfect setting for an unhappy ending.

NOPE, got a phone call in my cabin this morning that it was straightened out and would show up on my statement later today.  Just checked the statement on my cabin TV, and there is was.

So if yours hasn't shown up yet, take hope.

Thanks for the follow up. I'm glad it worked out for you!

New guy here again! I recently became aware of the potential of getting a $250 CCL stockholders credit for our 25-night HAL cruise.

It looks like all the smart guys on Wall Street aren't great fans of the stock, but $250 OBC / ~$1,700 cost for 100 shares is about 14.7% which seems like pretty good return, (and potentially more if we take another HAL cruise). 

Naturally, I'd also get all the risk associated with owning a stock, but am I missing anything here? 

Also, my only current brokerage account is in a rollover IRA as I like to keep all of our distributions in the money bin we bought from Scrooge McDuck. I like to swim around in it and toss it up and let it hit me on the head.

Anyway, would owning CCL stock in a tax-deferred account be an issue?  

Scrooge.webp

• Haha 1

As long as the account has your name on it (as the owner), even if it is in an IRA (or in my case an HSA) it will be accepted by HAL for OBC. 

Also, keep in mind there’s no rule that says you have to hold the stock, you just need to show proof of ownership within 90 days of applying for the credit. You can buy it, apply for credit and sell it.  So if you don’t want to accept the risk of owning it you don’t have to hold it. 

Edited by Real NHDOC
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2024 at 8:35 PM, Mike_and_Co said:

$250 OBC / ~$1,700 cost for 100 shares is about 14.7% which seems like pretty good return, (and potentially more if we take another HAL cruise). 

My hypothetical CCL investment dropped about 8.5% or roughly $150 this past week. 

One of my worst investing losses from my active-trading days was a shipping line that had a great story but sank some 20 or 25% in the after-hours market one stormy night. I awoke adrift in a sea of losses to the sound of pundits screeching like seagulls as they solemnly exercised their 20-20 hindsight. I ruefully gathered my bedraggled and sodden surviving dollars from the oily waters and pondered my next move as we slowly rowed to the safe harbor of my cash sweep account. 

What with the risks of cyclonic storms, piratical raiders, and all the other perils attendant to trading on the open seas, I guess I don't have the stomach for that kind of rough sailing any more. I think I'll just go back to the money bin where I can swim in peace. ; ) 

• Haha 2