Stockholder OBC awarded but not applied to account. Guest services refused to credit acct even with email.

I would elevate it to the finance department onboard. Ask to speak to the guest services manager and explain the situation and tell them if they don’t see the credit on your folio that they need to talk to the finance department. I have had similar issues with OBC that eventually got resolved once I made it clear I would not take no for an answer. 

• Like 2

Did you print off the email or show it to them on your device?

I only ask  as I was told once that they only deal with printed off emails so I do print off any key ones.  

• Like 3

Yes, I had it happen about 20 years ago (long before Stockperks) and am currently trying to get a Stockperks initiated OBC added prior to taking a cruise.

On the 20 years ago situation, I started at the Front Desk, with my paper letter confirmation.  (I used to use USPS to submit my request.)  The credit was added about the 3rd day into the cruise.  They needed to clear it through Seattle.

With the current situation, I forwarded the email that was sent over Gus Antrocha’s name saying that I would hear after 5 Business Days, to the old Shareholder Email address.  (It had been 9 Business Days.)

After three more Business Days, I was asked to submit the same stuff that I had submitted via Stockperks and that I had been sending for many years via email.  (I don’t have access to a fax machine and didn’t feel like wasting money on a stamp.)

I’m still waiting to see if the OBC has been added.  (I’m glad my cruise isn’t until June!)

There was another thread about Stockperks that said after being approved, you had to go one step further and "redeem perk" - did you do that?  Perhaps it's not too late, if you can still get into the Stockperks app.

Edited by Vict0riann

Do you have to use the stockperks application?  Carnival corporation's stockholder relations says you can send them the usual information and they process the OBC. 

1 minute ago, ghstudio said:

Do you have to use the stockperks application? 

It's been a mixed bag. Some have been able to get the Stockholder OBC using the e-mail in the directions. Others have been told only Stockperks is able to process their request when using the e-mail.

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

There was another thread about Stockperks that said after being approved, you had to go one step further and "redeem perk" - did you do that?  Perhaps it's not too late, if you can still get into the Stockperks app.

I am in @lcand1923's predicament. I did do the Redeem step (twice each, actually, for two cruises sailing before July 31). I got four "Unsuccessful OBC Application" auto-replies, saying that there is already an onboard credit applied to the booking. I called my PCC and she checked -- there is no SHB OBC on either cruise. The emails say to contact the old addy!  CCLshareholderHAL@hollandamerica.com 

which I did. 

Yes, I redeemed the perk.  No I didn’t print the email, just had it on my phone.

I have had the stock for a couple of years, never had this problem before.  Im thinking there’s a problem with the stockperks app.  Thanks for the replies.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mrs.beachowes said:

Has this happened to anyone?  I even showed them the email confirmation. I used stockperks app.

I could mot determine if my SOBC $100 was ever credited on my last cruise. I had several OBCs lumped together and Guest Svs could not tell me.  Just gave up.  Does anyone know how to determine SOBC while on ship.  Have several sailings coming up and would like to know if credited

I did receive email and will print out. It had 4 sailings approved.

Edited by Meetingman
additional entry

2 minutes ago, Meetingman said:

I could mot determine if my SOBC $100 was ever credited on my last cruise. I had several OBCs lumped to

My PCC was telling me what and where my OBC came from. When she told me the SHB was not there.

7 minutes ago, Meetingman said:

I could mot determine if my SOBC $100 was ever credited on my last cruise. I had several OBCs lumped together and Guest Svs could not tell me. 

I look at the OBC listed on our confirmation receipts from HAL Before requesting SOBC. both DH and I have the same amount. After getting it, one will have more than the other. I always request a confirmation receipt from our TA after getting the SOBC. The SOBC always been there.

It would be helpful if HAL website and/or booking confirmations broke out OBC. Since they don't, I call in and ask them to give me the breakdown. For bookings that I've used a TA, I have them breakdown it down for me.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TenerifeSharon said:

A friend mentioned to me that she had read/heard of people being refused the Shareholder Benefit if an AARP credit was already applied.  Anyone else heard of that DP?

Both of my cruises were refused (but refused because they said I already had the benefit?) -- one has AARP credit and the other pre-dates that promotion. The AARP and SHB should be stackable. 

I am hoping I'm really already redeemed and that it's just not showing yet. Waiting until next week to call again.

I recently used StockPerks for a cruise in May and this onboard credit is now showing in my Navigator App.  I screen-shotted it in case of any problems such as OP is having. I hope she gets this resolved.

Screenshot_20240113_124820_Navigator.jpg

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Both of my cruises were refused (but refused because they said I already had the benefit?) -- one has AARP credit and the other pre-dates that promotion. The AARP and SHB should be stackable. 

I am hoping I'm really already redeemed and that it's just not showing yet. Waiting until next week to call again.

Thanks for the information.  I'm curious to hear what others have experienced about the stacking possibility.  Good luck!

3 hours ago, TenerifeSharon said:

Thanks for the information.  I'm curious to hear what others have experienced about the stacking possibility.  Good luck!

We definitely had SHOBC, military, and AARP stacked on our November, 2023 TA on Nieuw Statendam.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Meetingman said:

Is AARP the same as over 55.  Been on 30+ RC cruises + many other cruise lines and did not know about AARP credits.  Please post info.  Thank you so much. 

There is no age requirement to joining AARP. HAL and only HAL as far as I know, started a program last summer where IF you are an AARP member, and verify it BEFORE booking, you can apply that confirmation to get OBC amount depends on length of cruise and class of cabin:

Offer Details

CRUISE LENGTH Inside & Ocean View  Verandahs & Suites
5- to 9-day Cruises $50 per stateroom $100 per stateroom
10+ day Cruises & Cruisetours $100 per stateroom $200 per stateroom

12 hours ago, mrs.beachowes said:

Tried again and refused again.  They told us to call shareholders office and take it up with them.   Pass the buck😡  Next cruise I’ll try to check before sailing.  

One more thought. If you booked the cruise through a travel agent or PCC try reaching out to them. If not you could try emailing the shareholder department (CCLShareholderHAL@hollandamerica.com). The guest services staff has been pretty useless lately in my opinion. That’s why I recommended elevating the issue to the guest services manager first. When we had issues with OBC not showing up on our folio it was because the finance department on the ship never posted it to our account. It showed up on our booking but not on our account until they posted it.

On 1/13/2024 at 10:18 AM, TenerifeSharon said:

A friend mentioned to me that she had read/heard of people being refused the Shareholder Benefit if an AARP credit was already applied.  Anyone else heard of that DP?

I called HAL ten days after applying and was told that both appear on our Spring Booking.  She was able to see the source of each, stock and AARP, and sent us an updated invoice.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Midwest Sunseeker said:

I called HAL ten days after applying and was told that both appear on our Spring Booking.  She was able to see the source of each, stock and AARP, and sent us an updated invoice.  

Thank you!