15 Drink Limit ?

1BDNANA

I just saw a story on YouTube that Carnival has a limit of 15 drinks per person per day.  I know that is the policy for drink packages but is it now for all passengers? My DH and I like to buy drinks for new friends we meet on the ship and friends and family we cruise with. So is this the real deal or just rumor?

but they make you wait 1/2 hours in between orders even for sodas which amazed me.

The system setup for that and the poor fellow next to me sat and waited 1/2 hours before he ordered his 2nd can of soda to take both to room.  Now this is just messed up.

And really I think the drink limit should be 8.  Then perhaps there would be less issues with roudyness. just my opinion.  15 in one day is just not healthy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

but they make you wait 1/2 hours in between orders even for sodas which amazed me.

The system setup for that and the poor fellow next to me sat and waited 1/2 hours before he ordered his 2nd can of soda to take both to room.  Now this is just messed up.

And really I think the drink limit should be 8.  Then perhaps there would be less issues with roudyness. just my opinion.  15 in one day is just not healthy 

You have to wait 5 minutes in between orders. Not a half hour. 

And 15 can go by quickly when you factor in a couple of micheladas, mimosas or bloody marys with breakfast, a few beers by the pool, a pre dinner cocktail at alchemy, wine with dinner then a few at the night club or piano bar late at night. Im glad you arent in charge of the drink policy.

Just worry about yourself and not how other people spend their vacation. As long as you keep to yourself, dont insult other passengers, make comments about someone's bad weave or have a 3some with swingers then regret it the next day and decide to get mad about it, you won't have any issues.

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 15
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

It's 5 minutes, definitely not 1/2 hour. And we had no trouble getting an alcoholic drink and either a water or Pepsi Zero at the same time. I did hear bartenders telling some people they had to wait 5 minutes to get another non-alcholic drink but we never had one try to tell us that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

It's 5 minutes, definitely not 1/2 hour. And we had no trouble getting an alcoholic drink and either a water or Pepsi Zero at the same time. I did hear bartenders telling some people they had to wait 5 minutes to get another non-alcholic drink but we never had one try to tell us that.

oh yes it was on the celebration as I sat and chatted and observed.

A drink every 5 minutes is why ships have issues IMHO

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

oh yes it was on the celebration as I sat and chatted and observed.

A drink every 5 minutes is why ships have issues IMHO

Are All inclusive resorts are better where there is no time limit or drink limit?

Maybe going to Mormon Summer camp is better where the worst thing they serve is Ovaltine.

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, stobe1 said:

You have to wait 5 minutes in between orders. Not a half hour. 

And 15 can go by quickly when you factor in a couple of micheladas, mimosas or bloody marys with breakfast, a few beers by the pool, a pre dinner cocktail at alchemy, wine with dinner then a few at the night club or piano bar late at night. Im glad you arent in charge of the drink policy.

I still don't see how Cheers pays for itself when you have a port heavy cruise. I can easily see how the drinks can add up on sea days.  Also, I don't consider myself a light weight, but I can only drink so much day after day.  Toast to those that can!  I can totally see myself take advantage of the coffee though.

Edited by Butterbean1000
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Most of the most viewed "roudyness" videos are family groups who don't need CHEERS to throw fists.  fists.  I really think desserts should be limited to 2 a day but no one asked me.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I still don't see how Cheers pays for itself when you have a port heavy cruise. I can easily see how the drinks can add up on sea days.  Also, I don't consider myself a light weight, but I can only drink so much day after day.  Toast to those that can!  I can totally see myself take advantage of the coffee though.

It was my coffee habit that started me on CHEERS.  Four trips a day was over $20 just on lattes.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, StephPS79 said:

I believe you can “buy someone a drink” though and it won’t count towards your 15.  And shareables do not. 

I think that person needs to be present for the bar tender to hand them a drink, though.  I don't see them putting one drink on CHEERS and another on your tab for your friend.  

12 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

no...giving them your "free" drinks...  yes  

I won't name names but I was at a Carnival piano bar where people lined up their Cheers package drinks on the piano for the performer, and he drank every single one. He must have had 8 in the couple of hours we were there, including several tequila shots. I have no idea how he could still play and sing after that. 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

It all depends on what you are consuming on sea days. Our first experience with a drink package was on Royal and we did have one long, tiring day in one port. When we got back aboard we only had a couple of drinks each before turning in. But when we averaged everything out over the entire cruise the numbers worked. So, you don't need to break even every day in order for Cheers to work, you just need to average it out. (And when factoring in the other drinks that are available it makes more sense for many.)

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

We were on Celebration last month and that was definitely not our experience at Bar 820, Red Frog Tiki, Golden Jubilee or at the bar in Pig & Anchor. The bartenders were observing the 5 minute rule for alcoholic drinks only. 

I guess it depends on the server. On one of our recent sailings I tried to get two specialty coffees at once, both without alcohol, and the server said that I had to wait 5 minutes to get the second one. Probably only a matter of training, I don't know. If I had had DW's sail and sign with me she might have given me both at once, who knows. 

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

I guess it depends on the server. On one of our recent sailings I tried to get two specialty coffees at once, both without alcohol, and the server said that I had to wait 5 minutes to get the second one. Probably only a matter of training, I don't know. If I had had DW's sail and sign with me she might have given me both at once, who knows. 

I have also had the experience that they could find my husbands folio number in the computer and charge his card, even if he wasn't with me.  We are listed as traveling companions in the computer, I guess. I haven't tried this with alcoholic drinks though.  That was just specialty coffee and water. 

Once, my husbands picture was in place of mine when we got back on the ship from being in port. They stopped us for a minute, but realized what happened and let us on with no problem. 

• Like 2