How far will you go ???

Hawkstar33

Before I would do any of these things that you mentioned,  I would book an all inclusive cruise that did not have all of the added fees and had what I wanted included...

When you start adding in all of the fees for the extras you find that you are in the range of a premium/luxury cruise.  Excursions,  drinks, etc.  You can purchase the PBP and you still have add on fees.  Fees for room service, etc.

Edited by NMTraveller

2 hours ago, miched said:

There is a lot more stuff but I don’t want to expose all of it. 🤷‍♂️🤗

LOL--" a lot more stuff "---- I got it--- The towels and pillows !!

You're probably the person that takes all the pens, so, that a non-suite passenger like us didn't have a friggin pen in our cabin ?? 

So, I head down to GR and the pretty 32 yr old says:

" Sorry 'bout dat. Pens are only provided in suites--- but, I can let you borrow one ". 

( " borrow one "----- She musta known we are Elite Captains Club members )

LOL-- The answer is "None"

The question is " How many pens and chocolate covered strawberries were delivered to your cabin later that day "?

On 1/16/2024 at 6:26 PM, jennmaybe said:

After 17 years of cruising, we have never, ever paid for a beverage package and we never have any intention on doing so. The prices are just absolutely ludicrous and you would have to do a lot of drinking to justify the cost.  

As long as people are willing to pay it, they will continue charging their outrageous prices and they will continue increasing as much as they can.  We prefer to pay for a balcony cabin in lieu of wasting money on a beverage package.

We don’t think the drinks package prices are ludicrous. We buy them every time as we know then when we step on the ship drinks are paid for and no big extra bills, makes for a more relaxed cruise which more than justifies it for us. We probably don’t drink equivalent to the cost but don’t care, we are on hols when things like that don’t matter. 

• Like 3

On 1/20/2024 at 12:24 PM, C4HCG said:

We don’t think the drinks package prices are ludicrous. We buy them every time as we know then when we step on the ship drinks are paid for and no big extra bills, makes for a more relaxed cruise which more than justifies it for us. We probably don’t drink equivalent to the cost but don’t care, we are on hols when things like that don’t matter. 

Exactly, all bases are covered.    Bottoms Up.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/16/2024 at 7:06 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Respectfully, I'm struggling to understand your point.  Nothing wrong with being savvy as long as it's within the rules.  Those who bum a drink off someone else's package are outside the rules and I hope they get caught...seems more of a Carnival move to me, though.

We also have a drinks package, though we are Elite.  Like you, we never think about it again...

Bargain hunting and bending or breaking cruise line policies are not just done by Carnival cruisers.  We have cruised on several cruise lines including Carnival and have witnessed questionable behavior on every one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rcrabb1513 said:

Bargain hunting and bending or breaking cruise line policies are not just done by Carnival cruisers.  We have cruised on several cruise lines including Carnival and have witnessed questionable behavior on every one.

Undoubtably

• 3 months later...

We are very lightweight drinkers so a pre-dinner Elite drink is nice.  Pack refillable water bottles and my insulated coffee mug and enjoy both.  I am always tempted by a 6 pack of Dr, Pepper but don't really need it anyway.  Everyone travels differently and we have never had a bad time.  

The way DW and I drink on vacation, not getting one would be absolute ignorance. And I like some of the fancy water and coffee as well. Trust me, they are not making any money on us compared to most.

On 1/16/2024 at 12:48 PM, Hawkstar33 said:

I understand that prices are higher than in the past. The world is changing, yet people still cruising, regardless of rising cost. I'm not saying any of you are wrong, and what you do is your business, but after reading post after post, it just amazes me how far people are willing to go, and what they are willing to do, to avoid paying for a beverage package of any type, especially Elite n Elite+ cruisers..All the money that has been spent on cruises to get to that level, and this has become a major issue. ..Who luggage tags cases of bottled water. Who carries 2 bottles in their carryon bag to embarkation. Who fills their pockets with water bottles.  Who brings a giant yeti. Who carries a big tote to load up at Happy hour.  Who hits 8 different bars during HH, to fill the room fridge. Who is smuggling drinks out of Elite breakfast and HH. Who has a friend get them a drink off their package. Who goes to the breakfast first for the freebies, then hits Oceanview. Who plans their day around how they can skirt the system.  I'm sure there are other things done. Some say it's fun, but really.   Last thing I'm doing, is any of those things. And definitely Not worrying about it months in advance, and surely not when onboard.  While free, the limited choices are pretty much a joke, during those times for us personally.  So we pay.  Save in advance. Never think about it again.  

We are Elite+, don't drink any alcohol and don't need 24 hour unlimited WiFi. For us any form of drink/Internet package is a total waste of money - the Elite+ benefits cover us just fine. We do like a large balcony - We use it for a minimum of 4 hours every sea day (cruise mainly itineraries with lots of those).

No right or wrong just personal choice.

• Like 1