How Long do Points Take to Update Post Cruise?

Our last cruise ended Jan 6th.  DH and my points now reflect that cruise but our kids still have the original points without this cruise.  They were in a separate room from us, but not sure if that makes a difference why they haven't been updated yet.

How long does it typically take?

10 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Our last cruise ended Jan 6th.  DH and my points now reflect that cruise but our kids still have the original points without this cruise.  They were in a separate room from us, but not sure if that makes a difference why they haven't been updated yet.

Are the kids over 18?

If yes, is this the first cruise at 18+?

2 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Are the kids over 18?

My younger one no...She is 14 years so her points SHOULD include this past cruise. 

My older one ...yes.  It's his first cruise since turning 18. Not clear if his points should freeze or be reverted....but his still shows what it showed prior .  

Would that impact both of them?  

30 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Your youngest should have the exact same points as you if they are linked as linked accounts will sll show the point total of the person with the highest points.

Your 18YO will have his own actual points but retain your status if thst was higher.  

Ours all posted  from this cruise.  Bumped my son to D+.  Older daughter still at D not happy with that. 

• Like 1

Ours that ended 9 days ago have partially updated.  The points were just added tonight, but the change from D to D+ still hasn’t updated.  Probably another day for that to catch up.  

Maybe I will log out of the app and back in tomorrow to see if that updates that part. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Your youngest should have the exact same points as you if they are linked as linked accounts will sll show the point total of the person with the highest points.

Your 18YO will have his own actual points but retain your status if thst was higher.  

Ours all posted  from this cruise.  Bumped my son to D+.  Older daughter still at D not happy with that. 

Congrats to your son!  

Similar with our son but he'll remained Emerald while our DD turned Diamond.  She wasn't happy though as it meant she had to share her free drinks. 😉

Thanks .. that's what we thought would happen.  Both still have yet to be updated. We are hoping that they don't notice and they bump  our son up to Diamond but not likely. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

My younger one no...She is 14 years so her points SHOULD include this past cruise. 

My older one ...yes.  It's his first cruise since turning 18. Not clear if his points should freeze or be reverted....but his still shows what it showed prior .  

Would that impact both of them?  

14 yo points (and status) should match the parent relationship, if they are linked properly.

18 yo points should reflect their actual points (and under 18 status, assuming this cruise doesn't bump them up a tier).

At least that is my understanding of how it's suppose to work.  But this is RCI (Really Consistently Inconsistent).

Edit:  Didn't see the previous replies before I posted.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

14 yo points (and status) should match the parent relationship, if they are linked properly.

18 yo points should reflect their actual points (and under 18 status, assuming this cruise doesn't bump them up a tier).

At least that is my understanding of how it's suppose to work.  But this is RCI (Really Consistently Inconsistent).

Kids under 18 have their own points. Just for status purposes, their status is based on the parents' points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Are the kids over 18?

From your original question...do you think the fact that it's his first cruise post 18 that they are rectifying things and thus, it's taking longer to update (both) their points?

1 minute ago, LuCruise said:

From your original question...do you think the fact that it's his first cruise post 18 that they are rectifying things and thus, it's taking longer to update (both) their points?

I don't know as I've never been in that situation. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Ours that ended 9 days ago have partially updated.  The points were just added tonight, but the change from D to D+ still hasn’t updated.  Probably another day for that to catch up.  

Maybe I will log out of the app and back in tomorrow to see if that updates that part. 

Maybe check your account online.  I have seen differences in the 2 before. 

53 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Maybe check your account online.  I have seen differences in the 2 before. 

Yeah, online and the app need to still sync, I think.  The points showed under past cruises yesterday, but the point total didn’t update till tonight.  I think they just need to go through another cycle to update the D to D+.

Didn’t know you needed minus points to get there. 🤣🤣

IMG_0587.thumb.jpeg.c0f8e32614b723982a3be7530a89927e.jpeg

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1