Star Pride 10/18/2025 cruise canceled

marinaro44

When I called to change my booking this morning I asked the agent where the ship was going. He said, “not a clue”. The ship will be heading to South America so my guess is they are just changing how the ship gets there. 

4 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

Have heard nothing about our September 2025 Pride cruise, Montreal to Boston.

You're good. Cruises in Canada are still on - we shifted our Boston to San Juan cruise to the October 7 Montreal to Boston cruise.

Windstar now shows the 10/7/2025 cruise going from Montreal to New York, not Boston.  So the 10/18 cruise from Boston to San Juan is gone and Pride will head south to somewhere from New York.  Itinerary not listed yet.

1 hour ago, marinaro44 said:

Windstar now shows the 10/7/2025 cruise going from Montreal to New York, not Boston.  So the 10/18 cruise from Boston to San Juan is gone and Pride will head south to somewhere from New York.  Itinerary not listed yet.

I’m on that sailing. I really wanted to end up in Boston and am sad to miss Bar Harbour and Lunenburg NS. I’m from the east coast and have traveled to almost all these places extensively by land except for the ports inQC.  I’ve sat with a picnic lunch watching ships transit the Cape Cod Canal and at first was excited that was added but then saw we do so in the middle of the night.  Oh well.

It will still be lovely, just need to decide if we head to Boston or to see family on the Island. (As in Long) Maybe a Broadway show first?  Lots of choices in Manhattan.  

While on the Windsurf transatlantic this past December, we were notified that our June 2025 cruise on Star Pride ‘Land of the Midnight Sun’ trip from Edinburgh to Iceland was cancelled. No reason given. We were disappointed but ended up switching to Star Legend’s Norway Fjords trip June 2025 ending in Copenhagen. It ended up being okay as Copenhagen has been on our bucket list but something is definitely going on with the Pride’s 2025 itineraries. 
We are booked on the Pride this October 2024 for the Boston to San Juan repositioning. Hoping 2024 itineraries are all ok.

Apparently the Winter in the Mediterranean cruises sold so well they are sending the Pride back to the Mediterranean for the 2024-2025 winter season instead of the Caribbean. 

1 hour ago, r&rd said:

Apparently the Winter in the Mediterranean cruises sold so well they are sending the Pride back to the Mediterranean for the 2024-2025 winter season instead of the Caribbean. 

That's interesting because these Star Legend Winter cruises are advertised at a much lower price than what they are getting in the Caribbean with both the Pride and Surf.  I am assuming they are making extra money on excursions which there are less of in the Caribbean. 

Now I am hearing the Breeze will stay in the Mediterranean and the Pride will be undergoing maintenance during the times of the cancelled cruises. So hopefully other cruises will not be impacted other than the ones that have already been cancelled.

We got off the Surf 4 days ago and the news was that for Tahiti a motor ship will be in Tahiti from now on because they have a higher capacity and the sailing ships are too difficult to fix there. It has been a very successful run being in Tahiti ( I say for good reason) so WS needed to increase capacity. I was happy they will remain there but sad for the Spirit because my husband and I think the Tahitian Lagoon screams sails, it was so incredibly beautiful.  We were on the Spirit truly out of this world beautiful. We were very fortunate. Getting off in October on the Pride from Reykjavik to Montreal via Greenland, the Pride was an excellent motor yacht,  in our opinion, but sailing ships are in our blood. Happy Sailing

• Like 3