Live: Experienced cruisers try Celebrity 14 day cruise to Antartica on the Eclipse

jimbo5544

Fog continues to rollin and out.  Captain has come on and said we are continuing to Paradise bay and hope to be there at 4 but still totally dependent on weather.  Most meaningful comment so far was “ you are seeing something that leas than 1% of the people in the world will see.  So in awe.  

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, registrar said:

Incredible!!!!!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures.

My pleasure, thanks for coming along

Edited by jimbo5544

9 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

Are the pictures from your iPhone or your DSLR? Did you even bring your DSLR with you ???

Great shots !!!

IPhone, was worried about the weight (especially with the big zoom).  Should have done it

Absolutely incredible photos!  You are making me feel like a kid again that can't wait for Christmas to unwrap my gifts!  3 weeks now feels like an eternity away. 

From which side of the ship are you taking the pictures?  Our cabin is on the port side. Does the Captain turn the ship in a circle so both sides of the ship can enjoy the views?  Also, what's the coldest temperature you've experienced so far?  Thanks. 

15 minutes ago, BecT said:

Absolutely incredible photos!  You are making me feel like a kid again that can't wait for Christmas to unwrap my gifts!  3 weeks now feels like an eternity away. 

From which side of the ship are you taking the pictures?  Our cabin is on the port side. Does the Captain turn the ship in a circle so both sides of the ship can enjoy the views?  Also, what's the coldest temperature you've experienced so far?  Thanks. 

Thanks for the kind words.  We are staying on the port side.  That said, the captain has tried to maneuver the ship around, and we did take a bunch from our balcony.  A word of caution with this thinking.  the view for the other side might be better and change before you can adjust.  Of course, the weather plays the biggest variable in all of this.  

A couple of other suggestions, the outer deck in the gym (forward) was a great idea.  If it gets really cold, the glass around the main pool has panels that can slide open.  Sunset bar area is another.