Mumbling about Marina

ORV

26 minutes ago, ORV said:

Ok, for any of you on the next cruise that doesn’t want to fight the crowds. The specialty restaurants on 14 are unlocked during the day. Actually Polo is set up in the front for playing cards. No need to fight the crowds in Horizons or freeze outside unless you want to. 

I also understand you’ll have a VIP on board the next cruise, for those in the know he will be instantly recognizable. Let’s just say he’s retired now, but probably doesn’t need a boarding pass. 

Is it the Rock, or someone who's first name rhythms with rock?

8 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

Is it the Rock, or someone who's first name rhythms with rock?

I don’t know who that is, but do you speak Spanish? I could tell you what his name means in English. 

Just now, shepherd really said:

Then please do 😇

Email me Orv 7 at really warm mail dot com. Don’t really know if this is supposed to be public information. 

• Like 1

So I saw an entertainer boarding in front of us today, security flagged his bottle of wine, asked him for his stateroom number and said he could pick it up later. Couple we know right behind us had a bottle and nothing said. So this was new information for me. Crew/ entertainment have booze held, but not passengers. Of course I’ve always known they didn’t question passengers, but I didn’t know the protocol with employees. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ORV said:

So I saw an entertainer boarding in front of us today, security flagged his bottle of wine, asked him for his stateroom number and said he could pick it up later. Couple we know right behind us had a bottle and nothing said. So this was new information for me. Crew/ entertainment have booze held, but not passengers. Of course I’ve always known they didn’t question passengers, but I didn’t know the protocol with employees. 

I kinda don't like that. If their free time is restricted like that.

21 minutes ago, clo said:

Crew has a bar in their break area. I’m guessing they’re limited on how much they can drink on any break.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, clo said:

Gosh, there has to be a lot of restrictions on their free time.   In this case it could be to prevent intoxication. Could be to prevent resale among the crew.  Who knows.   

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, clo said:

It's been a few years but I do remember that I wasn't particularly pleased with the cleanliness of the garments and they were super wrinkled. But in our household I'm considered the Laundry Queen so probably just too fussy.

I’ve had damage, so mostly I don’t send things that heat damages.  Hubbies polo shirts come back on hangers on Azamara.  I’ve had some good experiences but only when I get guest relations to help.  But, you are right, if you are fussy don’t bother with things other than cotton underwear!  

I sent a free pressing once and I still don’t know how they thought a basic man’s white shirt was even close to being pressed. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, SeattleGourmand said:

I'm going to email you as well if that is okay. I have a guess who it is and am super curious!

I never got your email, sometimes gmail addresses don’t come through for some reason. 

3 hours ago, SeattleGourmand said:

I'm going to email you as well if that is okay. I have a guess who it is and am super curious!

What could happen? Is there a rule we should know about? Perhaps put a CC name in here?

1 hour ago, golfguyhhi said:

Well, if it isn't Frank del Rio, I'd be surprised...now as to whether it's Senior or Junior, well then there is some suspense.

ORV quoted he is retired.

43 minutes ago, golfguyhhi said:

Then that points to FDR the Elder.

I’m relatively sure you are correct. I read an article late last year that quoted him as saying he was going to be on the Marina for SA. 

20 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Crew has a bar in their break area. I’m guessing they’re limited on how much they can drink on any break.

There are varying levels of crew though. You would think, or at least I would that the piano player would have a little more leeway than a room steward. But apparently not. 

So we’re in Ushuaia today, the southern most city in the world. Fun little town. We went for about a 3 hour walk in the woods on our tour. It was a 3 hiker icon. First time one of those was any type of challenge for us. Or maybe it’s been the 20 or 30 pounds I’ve put on in the last year or so. Soon as I get home I’m going to get on the Drew Carey/ Kelly Clarkson/ Oprah plan, whatever that is. 

Weather once again was great. The naturalists are very worried about that hole in the ozone and what it means to this area. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, shepherd really said:

The Marina is in the Beagle Channel (named after the famous Charles Shultz Peanuts character, Snoopy) on the way to Punta Arenas.  

This message was brought to you by my sponsor, Drunk History.

image.png.80dbc34ac28afafd6121ee5aa7df9cb6.png

Our Patagonia trip also included 🙂 Antartica. We boarded our small ship (400 pax IIRC) in Punta Arenas. I'd love to see more of this. Best, clo

On 2/5/2024 at 7:25 PM, ORV said:

I never got your email, sometimes gmail addresses don’t come through for some reason. 

I tried to send you an email as well, but orv7 at reallywarmmail dot com bounces everytime, and GoDaddy says that reallywarmmail.com is available for sale, so something is wrong.

10 minutes ago, bbwex said:

I tried to send you an email as well, but orv7 at reallywarmmail dot com bounces everytime, and GoDaddy says that reallywarmmail.com is available for sale, so something is wrong.

It's not really warm, ...  Think of another email that means the same thing.

• Haha 2