Cancel shorex where HIA shorex credit used

To avoid disappointment I signed up early for a shore excursion next September rated as “strenuous”. Since that time, I had to have a knee surgery that isn’t recovering as well as expected. I will still be able to go on the cruise, but worry about doing the strenuous excursion, though I do have some lead time to hope my knee improves. I’m thinking of canceling this and shifting to a moderate excursion, but I see that I apparently used a shore excursion credit from Have It All to sign up for this, and it shows my refund as $0.00. If I cancel, will I get my shore, excursion, credit back, or is that gone if I cancel? I attempted a search, but can’t find this specific issue amongst a horde of generic shore, excursion cancellation questions.

I'm not sure how you're seeing your refund amount if you didn't cancel yet. Is the amount you paid for the excursion more than your HIA allowance? 

When HAL has cancelled an excursion I bought with my HIA allowance, they credited the value back to my HIA allowance. I think that should happen if you cancel the excursion, especially so far in advance of the cruise.

• Like 1

yes - if you cancel you should be credited back your shore excursion. You might need to log out after you do so and log back in to see the credit or wait a day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike B Landlubber said:

To avoid disappointment I signed up early for a shore excursion next September rated as “strenuous”. Since that time, I had to have a knee surgery that isn’t recovering as well as expected. I will still be able to go on the cruise, but worry about doing the strenuous excursion, though I do have some lead time to hope my knee improves. I’m thinking of canceling this and shifting to a moderate excursion, but I see that I apparently used a shore excursion credit from Have It All to sign up for this, and it shows my refund as $0.00. If I cancel, will I get my shore, excursion, credit back, or is that gone if I cancel? I attempted a search, but can’t find this specific issue amongst a horde of generic shore, excursion cancellation questions.

I would contact the HAL resolution department in Seattle. Let them know your concerns, I have found them to be quite helpful.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I have done so in the past and the shore excursion credit appears almost instantly in my account to be used once again

Likewise, also.

Have canceled where a portion was with excursion credit and where all was with excursion credit,no issues with refund.

6 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I'm not sure how you're seeing your refund amount if you didn't cancel yet. Is the amount you paid for the excursion more than your HIA allowance? 

This mystery was solved when I did cancel. I saw a refund value of zero when I initially set up to cancel and didn’t complete the process. When I did actually cancel I had to click a box next to my name, and then the value to be refunded magically went to the amount paid.

• Like 3

We canceled a HIA shore excursion that was part HIA credit and part credit card payment. The HIA part came back right away. The paid part was back later in the day.

• Like 1