Brit flying in to San Diego

20 hours ago, NorbertsNiece said:

Hi. We'll need a van transfer from SAN to Carlsbad. Other than SuperShuttle are there other companies? Thanks.

Not to be nosy, but why Carlsbad?  Hopefully not for cruise lodging, as it's quite a ways from the downtown San Diego Port.  But to answer your question, either Lyft or Uber would be the most logical choice.

We have a private driver here in Rosarito we use locally and also to pickup friends at SAN and bring them down/back.  He will also go north from here all the way to LAX, so I'm guessing he would do SAN to Carlsbad.  He's on FB and I usually reach him via FB messenger.  He's very reliable and has several vehicles at his disposal.    

ALBERTO SD RIDE.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

We have a private driver here in Rosarito we use locally and also to pickup friends at SAN and bring them down/back.  He will also go north from here all the way to LAX, so I'm guessing he would do SAN to Carlsbad.  He's on FB and I usually reach him via FB messenger.  He's very reliable and has several vehicles at his disposal.    

ALBERTO SD RIDE.jpg

I want to go on one of his tours for some loobster 🙂 I love my loobster with extra buutter 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scottca075 said:

I want to go on one of his tours for some loobster 🙂 I love my loobster with extra buutter 🙂

He does know all the best places for loobster.  I offered to buy him some new cards but that's sort of become his signature trademark.  He took six of us on a great wine country trip in October.  We did three of the lesser known places and they were all great and not crowded with tourists.  

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE
  • Like 1

So many memories of DH & I driving a few hours south of San Diego to (what was then) the small fishing village of Puerto Nuevo, Baja for the best loobster ever!  Dozens of mom & pop restaurants, all serving the same thing... loobster, beans, rice, fresh tortillas.  Add on a few Pacificos, and the bill (for two) was about $20. Then, we'd spend the night at La Fonda or Calafia, which had authentic restaurants. Ahhhh, good times!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, julia said:

So many memories of DH & I driving a few hours south of San Diego to (what was then) the small fishing village of Puerto Nuevo, Baja for the best loobster ever!  Dozens of mom & pop restaurants, all serving the same thing... loobster, beans, rice, fresh tortillas.  Add on a few Pacificos, and the bill (for two) was about $20. Then, we'd spend the night at La Fonda or Calafia, which had authentic restaurants. Ahhhh, good times!

Nice, sadly Calafia hotel and bar is pretty much defunct now.  La Fonda has some nice places.  Puerto Nuevo has become to touristy but still a couple of places we like.  Ortega's has a place in Rosarito that is just as good and not the drive.  No more $20 for two, but still cheap compared to San Diego.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The easiest way to get to Carlsbad (either Poinsettia or Villiage) from San Diego is via the Coaster commuter train.

https://gonctd.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/COASTER-Schedule-Flyer-October-9-2023-REV.pdf

There is a free shuttle from the San Diego Airport to the Old Town station which runs about every 20 minutes.

David

Edited by DAllenTCY

On 2/6/2024 at 1:38 PM, DAllenTCY said:

The easiest way to get to Carlsbad (either Poinsettia or Villiage) from San Diego is via the Coaster commuter train.

https://gonctd.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/COASTER-Schedule-Flyer-October-9-2023-REV.pdf

There is a free shuttle from the San Diego Airport to the Old Town station which runs about every 20 minutes.

David

While I like the idea, the service is somewhat infrequent and depending on when you get to the old town station the wait could be up to almost 2 hours to get on the Coaster.

Your other alternative would be to take Amtrak to Oceanside and get picked up by your family there.

Between the Coaster and Amtrak....service is almost hourly to Oceanside.

David