1st time leaving NCL - some questions

Dawnya00

Hi there! I am booked on the Reflection in April, bringing my adult daughter on her first ever cruise for a mom/daughter trip. I have 8 NCL cruises under my fins, but this is my first one on Celebrity, or X as I see you all mention it here. I have looked through the boards, but there are some questions I have that I can't find the answer to and I am hoping you all can help. 🙂

On NCL, we have the Dailies, the schedule of the day. What are they called on Celebrity? Do they still make paper ones, I know some lines are moving to app based schedules and I am a little old fashioned as far as those go. 

Is there a time of day or location on the ship that I can find little scones and cream/jam? On NCL, usually on the Observation Lounge and one part of the buffet they will bring out some around 2p. 

I am assuming the beds can be separated. When I was researching this trip, I initially looked at VA and found their staterooms confusing and weird...not being able to separate a king or needing to sleep feet to feet, no thank you. 🤪

I did get the classic bev package. If there are deals for an upgrade before sailing, will I get an email or should I be checking my account every day?

On NCL, there was usually a 'big show' or known musical or something to book and was usually bragged about on the NCL website. I see that reservations aren't required, but what can we expect for an evening show/entertainment? I have seen no mention of headlining shows. 

Lastly, not a question, but rather just hoping for confirmation. I ended up on X because I liked the lack of kiddy pools. I also liked what appears to be an emphasis on dining and drinks. I know NO LINE is perfect, but am I right in thinking this cruise won't have a Mr. Legs contest pool side? 🤣

Thanks! 

3 minutes ago, Dawnya00 said:

🙂

On NCL, we have the Dailies, the schedule of the day. What are they called on Celebrity? Do they still make paper ones, I know some lines are moving to app based schedules and I am a little old fashioned as far as those go. 

daily Planner will be left on your bed every night

Is there a time of day or location on the ship that I can find little scones and cream/jam? 

try the buffet but later in the afternoon 

I am assuming the beds can be separated. 

yes 

I did get the classic bev package. If there are deals for an upgrade before sailing, will I get an email or should I be checking my account every day?

no email for most offers 

On NCL, there was usually a 'big show' or known musical or something to book and was usually bragged about on the NCL website. I see that reservations aren't required, but what can we expect for an evening show/entertainment? I have seen no mention of headlining shows. 

no reservations required

Lastly, not a question, but rather just hoping for confirmation. I ended up on X because I liked the lack of kiddy pools. I also liked what appears to be an emphasis on dining and drinks. I know NO LINE is perfect, but am I right in thinking this cruise won't have a Mr. Legs contest pool side?

correc

28 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

No Mr Legs, Hairy Chest type of stuff.  There will bevan Officers vs Guest Pool Volleyball ( fun to watch) maybe Officers vs Guest Bocce on the Lawn.  
If your sailing is 7 nights there will be 2 production shows other evenings a headliner in the theater generally a vocalists, a group, comedian,  magician or illusionist.

Some evening a game show; if Liars Club is offered usual late night  don't miss it. 
To upgrade the beverage keep checking the Cruise Planner in hopes of a Flash sale.

Cafe El Bacio has coffee/teas etc as well as pastries, cookies and cakes.  Not sure about scones, but one could ask

Beds can be separated into 2 twins

Have a great Mother/Daughter trip

22 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

Cafe El Bacio has coffee/teas etc as well as pastries, cookies and cakes.  Not sure about scones, but one could ask

Beds can be separated into 2 twins

Have a great Mother/Daughter trip

No scones at Cafe Al Bacio

1 hour ago, Dawnya00 said:

Check the website every day. If you're logged in, sometime it will give you the upgrade price. If it doesn't, figure out the difference between the Classic and the Premium. A "good" price is $6-$9 per day. On one of my upcoming cruises, I got a Black Friday deal of $6 and on the other, I grabbed it as soon as it came down to $9 (the cruise is in 2026 and I'm sure the prices will go up by then.)

Scones and cream as well small sandwiches are available in the buffet late in the afternoon near the entrance to the pool.

Edited by denby
  • Like 4