Blu restaurant

ajbgirlz

4 hours ago, keesar said:

I asked twice on Beyond if we could order from one of the MDR and got the same answer.  "No".  I suspect it may be related to being short staffed.  When we were asked why we did not come one evening to Blu, we told them why.  Still no offer...

By the way, we ate a couple of times in the MDRs and the service and food was outstanding.  Did not miss Blu.

👍

On 1/24/2024 at 9:55 PM, mahdnc said:

We took a Dec-Jan cruise in Solstice. Every night that we were in Blu, I ordered at least one course from the MDR menu. Also the Blu staff made sure I got breadsticks in our bread basket which aren’t normally served there. 

We had breadsticks every night in Blu while on Equinox in January.  Lots of other goodies in the bread basket, too, like a dark, seeded bread.  Yum!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

Glad to hear that. Will be on Eclipse in May. DH is a picky eater. 

We were NOT able to order from the MDR on Eclipse.  I guess it depends on the manager of Blu.  On those nights we did not care for the Blu menu, we eat in the MDR, a Specialty restaurant or at the Oceanview.

15 minutes ago, keesar said:

We were NOT able to order from the MDR on Eclipse.  I guess it depends on the manager of Blu.  On those nights we did not care for the Blu menu, we eat in the MDR, a Specialty restaurant or at the Oceanview.

Was that on Eclipse & recent?

On 1/25/2024 at 3:55 AM, mahdnc said:

We took a Dec-Jan cruise in Solstice. Every night that we were in Blu, I ordered at least one course from the MDR menu. Also the Blu staff made sure I got breadsticks in our bread basket which aren’t normally served there. 

Hi David,

I was just going to write the same and then saw that you answered. I ordered from the MDR menu as well - no problem. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Miaminice said:

Hi David,

I was just going to write the same and then saw that you answered. I ordered from the MDR menu as well - no problem. 

Good afternoon (from the USA), Oliver.  Have you tried to order from the MDR menu on Edge class ships (as an Aqua passenger)?

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

Good afternoon (from the USA), Oliver.  Have you tried to order from the MDR menu on Edge class ships (as an Aqua passenger)?

Yes, and that’s more confusing than on M and S class - where we never had a problem.
On one cruise on Apex we were told no - and staff blamed it on the Maitre of Blu. 2 months later on the same ship but different Maitre, the waiter (same as the cruise before) gave us a thumbs up. 

BTW, we enjoyed our Vietnam cruise so much that we booked a Mekong River cruise last week. 😁

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Yes, and that’s more confusing than on M and S class - where we never had a problem.
On one cruise on Apex we were told no - and staff blamed it on the Maitre of Blu. 2 months later on the same ship but different Maitre, the waiter (same as the cruise before) gave us a thumbs up. 

BTW, we enjoyed our Vietnam cruise so much that we booked a Mekong River cruise last week. 😁

We tried on the Beyond to order from the MDR menu.  A very emphatic "NO". So we waited and went back and again the answer was "NO".  So we just went to Normandie and had a great meal.