Blu restaurant

ajbgirlz

6 minutes ago, ajbgirlz said:

I’ve looked at both menus MDR and BLU.  Both look fine.  

Not saying MDR is bad - just different and IMO the Blu menu items are better. Again, just my opinion. Blu is intended to be different (and "healthier") and considered a little more upscale. 

But as answered originally, you can order from the MDR menu in Blu if desired.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

8 minutes ago, ajbgirlz said:

Reflection. 

We have been on the Reflection several times and never have been able to order off the MDR menu for the night.  They will help make reservations to dine in the MDR for those in Blu.

A couple of years ago on the Equinox, S-class like Reflection, we did.  I asked the first night and they brought over a MDR menu.  Every night after that, when seated, we were given both menus without asking.  Our waiter would make suggestions/things to avoid from both.

Before sailing, I read reports it was impossible and also reports it was possible. 

I would say to ask.  You never know unless you do.   If for some reason they won't, the MDR Classics are available. 

🍹

• Like 1

We took a Dec-Jan cruise in Solstice. Every night that we were in Blu, I ordered at least one course from the MDR menu. Also the Blu staff made sure I got breadsticks in our bread basket which aren’t normally served there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

We took a Dec-Jan cruise in Solstice. Every night that we were in Blu, I ordered at least one course from the MDR menu. Also the Blu staff made sure I got breadsticks in our bread basket which aren’t normally served there. 

This has been our experience as well on both S and M class, as the gallies are close.  E class Blu is too far removed and MDR entrees were not allowed.  Since there are 4 MDRs that may also be an issue of logistics.  If I recall we could get the escargot, however.

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

That’s strange as we have always had bread sticks in the bread basket in Blu. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jelayne said:

That’s strange as we have always had bread sticks in the bread basket in Blu. 

Same here...in fact our lovely Luminae waiter Alfred on Silhouette made sure we had them in that dining room as well after we made the request.

A few years ago now but on Equinox or maybe Sillhouette we said we missed Indian food. A couple of nights later we were presented with a full on Indian buffet for just the two of us. Wonderful. And it was a classic case of 'I'll have what they are having". 😂

• Like 1

I think it really depends on the restaurant manager and the staff if able to order from mdr in Blu.  What one persons experience was can be different from another.  I have been able to before S and M class ships and also not allowed.  All you can do is ask 

19 minutes ago, S18278C said:

Sailing on Ascent 2/18 in Aqua, anyone ever have luck with MDR menus in blu on E class or is it not even worth asking?

Never had an issue on E Class to receive dishes from MDR so far.

3 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Never had an issue on E Class to receive dishes from MDR so far.

Great to hear. Love the service in blu, love the blu old fashioned, but sometimes want a little more variety! Glad to hear we got a chance!

38 minutes ago, S18278C said:

Sailing on Ascent 2/18 in Aqua, anyone ever have luck with MDR menus in blu on E class or is it not even worth asking?

I asked twice on Beyond if we could order from one of the MDR and got the same answer.  "No".  I suspect it may be related to being short staffed.  When we were asked why we did not come one evening to Blu, we told them why.  Still no offer...

By the way, we ate a couple of times in the MDRs and the service and food was outstanding.  Did not miss Blu.

Edited by keesar

For us it always depended on which class ship, because of galley location.  On the Edge class it is a no because you don’t really have a MDR.  You have the 4 different restaurants and I don’t believe their galley is shared with Blu.  On Solstice class we’ve never had a problem.