Penny Wise And Pound Foolish?

7 hours ago, minotaur said:

If you look at the Seven Seas Society section of the Regent website you will see that leather luggage tags kick in at Platinum level.

Wow! That is quite the incentive for me to spend thousands to get to Platinum. Need to go make three or four more bookings!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, labonnevie said:

Wow! That is quite the incentive for me to spend thousands to get to Platinum. Need to go make three or four more bookings!

....or you could go online and get a personalised leather luggage tag and have it engraved 'DIAMOND'.

Would save a lot of time and money 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We've been platinum for several years and multiple cruises now, and for the last year or so, the only thing we received by mail were printed copies of our final cruise documents (3 pages or so) and the punch out luggage labels with the deck numbers only on them to be used when our bags reach the ship.  The previous pleather luggage tags (with a window for your name exposed only...quite nice) have stopped.

We have never received luggage stags that reflected our status nor would I see the point.  Short of the very top levels suites, I think all luggage is delivered to your suite as fast as they can do it regardless of status.  We rarely use the Regent hotel but got no special stickers the last time (two years ago).  In fact, the Regent rep at the hotel had no form of luggage deck tags (which weren't received by mail in advance) and wrote our details on a regular piece of paper she stapled to the bag's handle.  Needless to say, we were worried that the flimsy tab would get ripped off and the bags would go missing...they didn't.  The normal ones you receive by mail look like cardboard, but they are very tough.

9 hours ago, labonnevie said:

You probably meant "Hundreds of Thousands"  😉

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Yes, a Platinum couple has probably spent a good $400K to get there when you add it all up.

But we only need 30 nights to get to leather luggage tags/Platinum status!

What is the size of the luggage tags? I like to install these prior to boarding and they keep the tag dry and avoid them from getting ripped off.  You can order different sizes.

IMG_0101.png

I can put these Regent tags right next to my United Platinum tag and Marriott lifetime titanium and let everyone know how special I am.  

I do have those levels,  but I don’t have the tags on my bags!  Rather stay under that radar.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, irishwitchy said:

I can put these Regent tags right next to my United Platinum tag and Marriott lifetime titanium and let everyone know how special I am.  

I do have those levels,  but I don’t have the tags on my bags!  Rather stay under that radar.  

I'm not special, just broke! Nothing in my bags to steal anyways...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, CardowMD said:

What is the size of the luggage tags? I like to install these prior to boarding and they keep the tag dry and avoid them from getting ripped off.  You can order different sizes.

We use  the one's you have shown in your comment above.  They work great. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CardowMD said:

IMG_0101.png

No need for these.  I have had one attached to my purse for 2 months.  It is inside the purse I use every day, and it flops out when I open the zipper, so it is constantly abused.  It is holding up very well, with a few creases but still strongly attached.

17066176413341825760949403769437.thumb.jpg.fafb01f9fb9636334cf18009e685b5e5.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 7:30 PM, irishwitchy said:

Million miler on DL, Marriott (formerly Starwood) something or another tag for living in their hotels.  None on my bags either but Seabourn Diamond tag on my laptop case that never leaves my sight.

I will start by apologizing if I am off topic but sense I will get a quick and correct answer so here goes:

I am on Voyager and booked this cruise on board Navigator (August 2023) and received $200 OBC for booking on board.  Fast forward I booked my next cruise this past Sunday onboard with Cruise Consultant Sweet and I received $100 OBC and he was adamant that the offer is and has been $100 per person and since I am a solo traveler that is all I get period kaput not going to keep arguing but on yesterday Jan 30 Passages page 2 - advertisement for onboard booking stating $200 OBC - no mention on $100 per person.  

Here is ad and I went to Sweet and he repeated the perk is $100 and I ask who can I ask for clarification and he gave card with Regent Guest Relations email so I emailed them and they promptly replied 

Thank you for choosing to sail with Regent Seven Seas Cruises.  We are in receipt of your email below and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience r have experienced.

Kindly note that Guest Relations is equipped to assist with post-cruise concerns however, we rely on our onboard team to be the best point of contact while guests are currently sailing.  In an effort to better assist you, we have provided your details to our onboard management team so they may be in contact with you in regard to your concerns. Please also feel free to reach out to the Concierge desk on board if that is more convenient

I attached ad - I ask the longtime Regent cruisers do you know is it per person?  I only know what I received on my previous onboard booking.  

IMG_1368.thumb.jpeg.5e5648d19d8b4c0e15e5c3c0f2587bb2.jpeg

On 1/31/2024 at 1:11 AM, BaileyMJ said:

I attached ad - I ask the longtime Regent cruisers do you know is it per person?  I only know what I received on my previous onboard booking.  

My guess on this would be that the specifically mention 'special onboard savings of up to $4,000 USD per suite' and then continue that with the 'Plus' and 'And' lines, so they're going to say that the per suite is implied on the other items as well.

Personally, I'd be a little miffed if that's the case since it does seem slightly deceptive, but honestly, $100 one way or the other, especially in OBC, isn't enough to get worked up about in my opinion.  My wife would tell you that I'm notoriously, uh, 'frugal' in most things and would definitely ask about the $100 discrepancy, but if they were being snitty about it I'd just let it go - and then go out and eat and drink another $100 worth of stuff on board to even it out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/31/2024 at 1:11 AM, BaileyMJ said:

I will start by apologizing if I am off topic but sense I will get a quick and correct answer so here goes:

I am on Voyager and booked this cruise on board Navigator (August 2023) and received $200 OBC for booking on board.  Fast forward I booked my next cruise this past Sunday onboard with Cruise Consultant Sweet and I received $100 OBC and he was adamant that the offer is and has been $100 per person and since I am a solo traveler that is all I get period kaput not going to keep arguing but on yesterday Jan 30 Passages page 2 - advertisement for onboard booking stating $200 OBC - no mention on $100 per person.  

Here is ad and I went to Sweet and he repeated the perk is $100 and I ask who can I ask for clarification and he gave card with Regent Guest Relations email so I emailed them and they promptly replied 

Thank you for choosing to sail with Regent Seven Seas Cruises.  We are in receipt of your email below and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience r have experienced.

Kindly note that Guest Relations is equipped to assist with post-cruise concerns however, we rely on our onboard team to be the best point of contact while guests are currently sailing.  In an effort to better assist you, we have provided your details to our onboard management team so they may be in contact with you in regard to your concerns. Please also feel free to reach out to the Concierge desk on board if that is more convenient

Paging Michael Moore - your assistance and clarification is needed