Condition of the Oasis?

Hi.  I am Diamond on Royal but haven't sailed on Royal since before the pandemic.  Have been on the Oasis (2x), the Allure and the Symphony (all pre-2020), mainly in Crown Loft suites.

I know the Oasis was refurbished in 2019...just wondering what some of you have experienced lately.  Especially in the suites.  Since the pandemic, we have sailed on Virgin and Celebrity...newer and more modern ships.  Wondering how the Oasis will compare these days.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

I've been in a A1, A2, and a OS over the last year and a half. Really there's nothing wrong with the Oasis.  It's a little dated here and there, especially in the cabins but still a fine ship for a cruise.  My only issue is it's generally the only Oasis-class ship that does the better 8-day itineraries and I'm kinda tired of it. The Aqua Theater production is still awesome!

Public spaces were updated but not the decor.  The elevator lobby for example has never been updated.  Suites and cabins were not updated.  New venues were added, the pool deck modernized, but many spaces remain the same.  

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Public spaces were updated but not the decor.  The elevator lobby for example has never been updated.  Suites and cabins were not updated.  New venues were added, the pool deck modernized, but many spaces remain the same.  

Thanks.  I was hoping the cabins were updated...

11 minutes ago, CruisinShips said:

Thanks.  I was hoping the cabins were updated...

Unless something is heavily damaged in the cabin, the only thing you can hope for is new carpet and a sofa. The only "updated" cabins are the new ones added during her Amp.

5 minutes ago, CruisinShips said:

How's the food been in Coastal Kitchen these days?  We had always enjoyed it, but given the cutback on Celebrity, I am suspecting Royal is feeling it as well?

Food taste is personal, but in my opinion, it has generally declined for the Royal fleet over the past 18 months. If you search the main channel, you’ll find several threads discussing food quality.  

I am a big fan of the CK filet.  Since I was Star class I opted for Chops on the CK filet night.  I should have gone to CK. 

I love what they did with the AMP except for the cabins and suites.  I have sailed OA a number of times since the AMP.  I'd sail her again in a minute for the right price.  Alas cruise rates have gone sky high while service and food has declined over the same time. 

In good condition. I personally quite like the older decor as well. Freedom Class looks dated, but Oasis (and Allure) look fine to me.

The one thing I'd mention that was dated was the plug sockets. Newer ships have more plug sockets, often one near the bed and often both European & American. The only socket in my cabin on Oasis was quite a distance from the bed which I found annoying.

The CL we were in was in excellent condition.  We found the CK to be an excellent upgrade over the MDR.  I've got her booked several more times.

Here is a little YouTube of our CL from March 2023

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Food taste is personal, but in my opinion, it has generally declined for the Royal fleet over the past 18 months. If you search the main channel, you’ll find several threads discussing food quality.  

Honestly the food quality is better on RCCL than 2019, however the selection has gone downhill.

No lobster tails obviously, but I was frustrated more about what I couldn't find than what I actually ate.

• No coffee or cappuchinos offered at dinner with dessert.  New trend I guess.  Back on Carnival a whole table of us got so upset days into the cruise that I went and got cups and a coffee pot from the waiters section and poured everyone's coffees myself. Boy did the waiters all finally start scrambling then.   RCCL isn't quite as bad.  They will bring if you ask but no longer offer.
  • I tried for a whole week to get a single eggs benedict at Windjammer.  They just would not fill the empty tray ever.
  • Unsweetened iced tea, to RCCL, is now sweetened. So diappointed.  Oasis and Allure years ago only had it in one spot but at least they had it (sometimes).   I kept having to brew hot tea and adding ice on our cruise last Nov.
  • The hamburgers at the buffet have become unedible.
  • They stop refilling the buffet a good 45 minutes before closing if you are in port.
  • Spent a week on Enchantment of the Seas and never found pizza.  It's got to be there somewhere, but no clue where. Not at the buffet, not at Park Cafe.  Wasn't a big enough deal to ask someone, but I was baffled.

2 minutes ago, LittleJoefromKokomo said:

Enchantment have pizza in the solarium café. However sadly it is the same premade pizza that Sorrento offers.

🙄 Thanks.  I only looked over there on day 1.  We were in Italy anyway.  Pizza onshore 😉  

4 hours ago, GlasgowCruiser01 said:

The only socket in my cabin on Oasis was quite a distance from the bed which I found annoying.

There's an outlet under the head of the bed near the phone. Follow the phone cord to where it's plugged in.

23 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Like any RC ship, it's in the best condition possible considering age and 24/7/365 use.

Considering the pictures taken of a recent 'older' ship , they are not necessarily kept in the "best condition possible" . Some who have sailed her recently will certainly better answer the question

Cheers