What is your favorite class of RCCL ship?

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

If you like Freedom class, you'll also like Voyager class. They have the same layout. The only difference is that Freedom is a little longer. I've been on both classes and to be honest, I don't see/feel a difference. Each ship has some different venues/amenities than the others so you'll notice that.

Agree completely. 

A few other small differences... Freedom class has the cantilevered hot tubs, a separate Sorrento's and Café Promenade (instead of them being combined), and I think Freedom class has freshwater pools vs saltwater for Voyager class (I could be wrong on this last one).

Personally, I love the AMPED versions of both classes the most. 

• Like 2

On 1/31/2024 at 10:28 AM, cruiseguy1016 said:

If you like Freedom class, you'll also like Voyager class. They have the same layout. The only difference is that Freedom is a little longer. I've been on both classes and to be honest, I don't see/feel a difference. Each ship has some different venues/amenities than the others so you'll notice that.

Thank you - that is what we are hoping! 

On 1/31/2024 at 11:31 AM, The Fun Researcher said:

Agree completely. 

A few other small differences... Freedom class has the cantilevered hot tubs, a separate Sorrento's and Café Promenade (instead of them being combined), and I think Freedom class has freshwater pools vs saltwater for Voyager class (I could be wrong on this last one).

I do think I will miss having a separate Sorrento's. The pools and hot tubs aren't priority for us. 

I'm pretty confident we will enjoy the Mariner!

1) ICON  -- she's so well done

2) Voyager -- not too big, not too small.  she's the perfect balance of both worlds

3) Vision   -- Small ships hit different. love them

4) Oasis  --  she offers a lot but has gotten too crowded on some of the newer ships especially.

5) Radiance -- vision like

6) Freedom -- not a fan because she's just the voyager with more people, I'll take voyager instead

7) Quantum --  feels like an after thought ship stolen from celeb, small ship trying to be big, no VCL,  ugh

I love the Radiance class.  They are sleek, elegant, and I feel that I am on a ship at sea.  

The open access for all to go on the helipad is pretty special, with benches to sit on.

The Solarium pool is deep, with stairs to walk in and walk out, and it's enclosed for all weather.  They are the loveliest solariums in the fleet.

The Windjammer has lots of outdoor seating, and the food stations are the roomiest.  The ice cream is right next to the desserts.

Radiance class has a large, traditional dining room.  

The Viking Crown lounge has great forward views; the Schooner Bar has floor to ceiling windows to the side; and the Colony club has views of the wake.

The promenade deck is roomy and there are deck chairs to relax on.

The Cafe-Lattetudes serves Starbucks coffees - Yay!

Edited by LAKaye
  • Like 2

After getting off Icon today, I would have thought Icon would be my new favorite class. But my favorite class would still be Oasis, Freedom (amped) and Voyager (amped) in that order. There are a lot of changes on Icon I liked (mainly compared to Oasis class), but also a lot of changes I wasn’t too crazy about 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2024 at 7:16 PM, LAKaye said:

I love the Radiance class.  They are sleek, elegant, and I feel that I am on a ship at sea.  

The open access for all to go on the helipad is pretty special, with benches to sit on.

The Solarium pool is deep, with stairs to walk in and walk out, and it's enclosed for all weather.  They are the loveliest solariums in the fleet.

The Windjammer has lots of outdoor seating, and the food stations are the roomiest.  The ice cream is right next to the desserts.

Radiance class has a large, traditional dining room.  

The Viking Crown lounge has great forward views; the Schooner Bar has floor to ceiling windows to the side; and the Colony club has views of the wake.

The promenade deck is roomy and there are deck chairs to relax on.

The Cafe-Lattetudes serves Starbucks coffees - Yay!

Really well said LAKaye. Radiance class makes us feel we are on a ship. Best class to enjoy the ocean and days at sea.  On Radiance class you look out to the sea...Oasis type looks inward . I want to enjoy seeing the Ocean, the waves , sunrises and sunsets ,etc. Rear open Windjammer is Exceptional for Breakfast and lunch. Great class for us. Cannot ever see me on Icon.

16 minutes ago, birdofsong said:

So far, Oasis class, by far, but I'm going on the Quantum class next month, so???

My guess is you will still pick Oasis. I like Quantum class ships, but their layout/features are a lot different than other RCI ship classes. They remind me more of Celebrity ships than RCI ships. There is nothing wrong with Celebrity ships, but their layouts are more conducive to the older demographic that cruises on Celebrity.  Quantum class ships don’t even make my top three RCI ship classes. 

• Thanks 1

1) Radiance class. For all the reasons stated above. Outside area in Windjammers, glass everywhere looking out to sea, even in the elevators, best solarium etc.

2) Freedom class. Only been on Indy a couple of times many years ago but I remember enjoying it.

3) Vision class. Liked it much more than I thought I would. Gets marked down because of the layout and location of Windjammers.

4) Oasis class. Lots of stuff to do but boring itineraries and everything looks inward.

5) Quantum class. Been on Anthem many times but I simply don't like the layout or decor. The inside middle part of the ship has the whiff of shopping mall about it.

Never been on Voyager class.

We enjoy the Oasis class ships.  Find so much to do- great food choices, comfortable cabins/suites and great service.  Have tried other classes, found the old ships- very worn- shabby rooms- lacks the restaurants and choices of the newer ships.  The freedom class ships were ok also- but we stay away fro the voyager and Radiance rust buckets.  Also didn't like the quantum class ship layout.  # Oasis class IMO

Will be trying the Icon- so I cannot judge that yet.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Hi,

First class of ship I ever went on was Freedom class - The Indy in fact back in 2008.

Probably because this was my first experience, it also is my favourite and between the Indy and the the Liberty, these are the 2 ships I have sailed on the most.

I also like the slight smaller Navigator and Explorer.

All the above ships have a Royal Promenade and a Ice Rink plus a Viking Crown Lounge for great views.

I also enjoy smaller ships like the Jewel and also the Rhapsody, but these do start to limit the amount of things outdoors to do.

I have been on the Anthem 3 times, and although she has great things like Dodgems, North Star, I-fly and and Coastal Kitchen for when in a JS or above, she just doesn't have that special something the Indy has.

Also there is no VCL or Ice Rink and its a long walk each night to the Theatre at the front, which other than the Musical Hall and old DL, is the only thing that side of the shopping area - yes I too get that Mall feeling when walking past the pub.

Never done Oasis class - was booked on Symphony last October, but had to cancel as my wife's operation on her arm had been postponed from earlier that year due to strike action and the only date they could do it was the day we were going to board. Back on the Jewel this year for its TA to Europe and back on the Indy next year as it returns to the UK, so won't get a chance to try Oasis class until at least 2026.

Mick.

Edited by Mick B

On 1/30/2024 at 4:20 AM, ChollaChick said:

I agree about Oasis.  We have been on Allure and Wonder and as pretty as Wonder is, I think it is my least faclvorite simply because unless you have an Oceanview balcony it's almost like you aren't on a ship at all.  I love watching the water and feeling the ship moving.  It's just too big and I don't need slides, giant water slides, or all the bells and whistles.

The solarium has great views

Radiance class if it's just me, or me +1.

Quantum class if I'm with a group that needs more activities.

Freedom/Voyager.

Oasis. I wouldn't turn down a free cruise on these but it's not my first choice. I will never understand why so many people congregate on the mall floor here. It's gloomy to me. I want to see the sea. Boleros is like an airport gate area, Schooner Bar is too small, the Diamond Lounge has no windows, Windjammer is way too small for the crowd. But yeah, I'd board tomorrow lol.

• Like 2

On 1/31/2024 at 11:28 AM, cruiseguy1016 said:

Agree.

1. Freedom class

2. Voyager Class

3. Radiance

4. Oasis class

5. Vision class (last resort)

We have not tried Quantum or Icon, but they just don't seem to grab our interest at this point.

On 1/31/2024 at 12:31 PM, The Fun Researcher said:

Agree completely. 

To add to your comment, the promenade is bigger on Freedom class ships. I agree about the amped versions in these classes. Personally, my two favorite ships in these classes are Mariner and Navigator, which both have Playmaker’s and the Bamboo Room, two of my favorite RCI bars. Navigator also has the best slides of any RCI ship with the exception of Icon (loved the waterpark on Icon last week). 

• Like 1