Money Saving?

@Jean C, me too! I haven't even been on my cruise yet and my husband and family think I'm an expert. My comment re echo chambers etc was certainly not aimed at anyone on Cruisecritic. I was just expressing my opinion on the blessing and curse that is the internet and social media. Thank you CC community, you inform and entertain 😃

• Like 4

On 2/1/2024 at 12:58 PM, Russell21 said:

True, but Royal Princess carries 3560 passengers, and with boarding starting at 3.00PM, and the notification states that everyone has to be onboard by 5.30PM, it seems like to me a great recipe for a crowd.

There may be some adjustments to allow for some cruising royalty to board. I think it really is for the reason cited, but just keep an eye out for cruising royalty after you board tomorrow.

Edited by arxcards

Avoid mega cruise ships if you want calm boarding/disembarking. On my day in Sydney I caught ferry from the ship to wharf near OPT.  I enjoyed a cold ginger beer at the Museum of Modern Art, as I watched the passenger bedlam and horn blowing below at the mega ship which took our place.  ovation of the seas ?

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Avoid mega cruise ships if you want calm boarding/disembarking. On my day in Sydney I caught ferry from the ship to wharf near OPT.  I enjoyed a cold ginger beer at the Museum of Modern Art, as I watched the passenger bedlam and horn blowing below at the mega ship which took our place.  ovation of the seas ?

One mega ship replacing another.

12 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

It is easy to have a calm embarkation, or debarkation .

1- pack your patience 

2- board late so you miss the lunchtime rush

3- take the last debarkation time with them taking your luggage off.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2024 at 6:24 AM, MicCanberra said:

It is easy to have a calm embarkation, or debarkation .

1- pack your patience 

2- board late so you miss the lunchtime rush

3- take the last debarkation time with them taking your luggage off.

It actually doesn't matter what time you get for disembarkation - that's just the earliest time you can get off. As long as you're not too late getting off you can wander off anytime after your group has been called.

On Princess we usually request the latest disembarkation group of times and they always give us the first time in that group which can be any time from 8:30am to 9:15am - these days you can't specify the actual time unfortunately. So we leave our cabin 7:45-8am, have a leisurely breakfast in the MDR, and by the time we've finished breakfast our group has been called so we just stroll off. 

• Like 1