LIVE from Discovery Princess Mexican Riviera from LA 2/3-2/10 2024

sonomaphil

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I don’t believe so.  Ours always sits on our little table in the cabin and that is in a regular balcony cabin.  

That “little table” is the top of the fridge..I’m sorry to say with two people in a cabin..the top of the fridge area as well as the “desk” are covered by other stuff.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sonomaphil said:

Don't be this person. Your cabin attendant will remove it for you or you can use the app to request removal. 

PXL_20240207_164116286.MP.jpg

I’m always told different things when I ask about the RS trays. I’ve been told to leave in the cabin, leave in front of your cabin door, and to use the app to request tray removal (while leaving the tray in the cabin or in front of your cabin door). I know it’s different lines but John Heald (CCL) said to leave the trays in front of your door. Would you please ask RS what they are wanting us to do with the trays? Thirty something cruises and I still don’t know. 😂 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

We walked a fair amount during the trip. We walked to the Botanical Gardens in Sydney and around the grounds there and walked a fair amount in other cities and on the ship. We made some use of the stairs but not like we did years ago. I'm happy to be able to walk as not too long ago I was looking at walkers thinking I might well need to buy one for the long term. I graduated to walking with a cane  but it wasn't good and I couldn't do it for long or for very far. Now I walk without a cane or any assistance. I'll never be a long distance walker but I'm happy to get around on my own. It's great that simple things like going to Costco are no longer an issue. The secret to cruising without gaining weight is to not eat all the time just because there is food everywhere.

Well done , great achievement ...

• Like 2

You didn't include the cabin number with the spent tray outside the door.

Yes, the Walmart is very convenient for crew to go to.  I know other passengers who made the run too.  

Love the market place at the dock.  Just on the other side of the marina is a turtle sanctuary.  Don't remember exactly where, but manned by volunteers and free (when in season).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, KarmaCruisers said:

That “little table” is the top of the fridge..I’m sorry to say with two people in a cabin..the top of the fridge area as well as the “desk” are covered by other stuff.

We’ve always have another little table each and every time we’ve cruised with Princess.  

• Like 5

On 2/6/2024 at 8:39 PM, sonomaphil said:

I post this 35 minutes after our first course was served and 15 after we ordered 2 more drinks.  Something is very wrong with the Salty Dag Gastropub. People are walking out to see the 7:30 show without getting desserts.  

This is 100% accurate for Wednesday too.

My wife and I walked out after waiting 53 minutes between appetizers and the main course.   Yes, it was exactly 53 minutes, as I looked at my watch and it was 6:30 when we finished our appetizers and we waited until the last minute so we didn’t miss a 7:30 event. 

There was only 3 other tables occupied at the time and two others also walked out early.  

The difference between service at Gigi’s and Salty Dog is night and day.  There’s no manager at the Lazy Dog that I saw, unlike Gigi’s where Francisco is amazing and runs a friendly and efficient restaurant.  

I don’t know if Princess stripped all the best crew and staff from the Discovery for the new Sun Princess, but the service on the Discovery this week has been disappointing in several areas versus the Regal in November.   Having second thoughts about booking Discovery for an Alaska cruise later this year.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Stosh68 said:

This is 100% accurate for Wednesday too.

My wife and I walked out after waiting 53 minutes between appetizers and the main course.   Yes, it was exactly 53 minutes, as I looked at my watch and it was 6:30 when we finished our appetizers and we waited until the last minute so we didn’t miss a 7:30 event. 

There was only 3 other tables occupied at the time and two others also walked out early.  

The difference between service at Gigi’s and Salty Dog is night and day.  There’s no manager at the Lazy Dog that I saw, unlike Gigi’s where Francisco is amazing and runs a friendly and efficient restaurant.  

I don’t know if Princess stripped all the best crew and staff from the Discovery for the new Sun Princess, but the service on the Discovery this week has been disappointing in several areas versus the Regal in November.   Having second thoughts about booking Discovery for an Alaska cruise later this year.  

That does sound problematic. Was any explanation provided?

16 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

That does sound problematic. Was any explanation provided?

We were recently on the Discovery and the service on the front end was great.  Our waiter, who has always been fantastic, explained there was a new cook that was getting his bearings and did apologize that the meal prep was taking longer than usual.  Perhaps they should assign more help in back.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Nope little table is a little table in the room. Top of refrigerator is top of fridge.

I have a solution - move your other “stuff”.

don’t want to hijack the Op’s thread ,so….

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

We were recently on the Discovery and the service on the front end was great.  Our waiter, who has always been fantastic, explained there was a new cook that was getting his bearings and did apologize that the meal prep was taking longer than usual.  Perhaps they should assign more help in back.  

I think it’s great to share onboard experiences here in CC for the rest of us to read, but hopefully the feedback is shared onboard and in realtime. I own and manage restaurants and I crave customer feedback — in the moment. It’s so hard to make things right when I don’t find out before it’s too late. Dining is a conversation between the restaurant and the customer. Providing an expectation of time and feedback when this is or isn’t met can make all the difference. I’ll be on Discovery and 2 weeks and look forward to meeting the great people working there. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

I think it’s great to share onboard experiences here in CC for the rest of us to read, but hopefully the feedback is shared onboard and in realtime. I own and manage restaurants and I crave customer feedback — in the moment. It’s so hard to make things right when I don’t find out before it’s too late. Dining is a conversation between the restaurant and the customer. Providing an expectation of time and feedback when this is or isn’t met can make all the difference. I’ll be on Discovery and 2 weeks and look forward to meeting the great people working there. 

Oh yes, that makes complete sense.  They were well aware of the issue but will share with management if it happens again.  
I am impressed that the bar and restaurant managers step right in to help when it gets super busy.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sonomaphil said:

Good morning from the buffet!  Can I interest you in some corn flakes perhaps?  

PXL_20240208_161732258.PORTRAIT.jpg

I think I’ll pass on the corn flakes, but some of those corn flakes in the right look nice. I’ll give them a whirl. 

Variety is the spice of life …

• Haha 2