Boston cruise parking for 15 day cruise

Myself and a friend are cruising from Boston on a 15 day Royal Caribbean cruise to Canada and Greenland in September.  I just checked parking and the rate quoted for parking at the port was $570!!!  I searched and found parking in a lot on Black Falcon Avenue through ParkWhiz for $212.  Has anyone parked here and how far is it to the port and is it safe?  That's certainly a big difference in price.  We are driving from NJ so arriving the day before.  TYIA for any help.

5 hours ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

Myself and a friend are cruising from Boston on a 15 day Royal Caribbean cruise to Canada and Greenland in September.  I just checked parking and the rate quoted for parking at the port was $570!!!  I searched and found parking in a lot on Black Falcon Avenue through ParkWhiz for $212.  Has anyone parked here and how far is it to the port and is it safe?  That's certainly a big difference in price.  We are driving from NJ so arriving the day before.  TYIA for any help.

Did you check on Massport.gov or com? The garage across the street from the terminal is now private thus they lease spots to local businesses for long term daily parking. Massport used to have a street lot on D Street. Check it out. Leave off your passenger with your luggage and either walk back or take a shuttle if they still have one. Good luck. 

7 hours ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

Have you considered taking Amtrak - at least pricing it for cost comparison (remembering to crank in all driving costs as well as parking) and saving yourself a pretty tough round trip drive?

Probably about $70 round trip per person.

Edited by navybankerteacher

13 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Have you considered taking Amtrak - at least pricing it for cost comparison (remembering to crank in all driving costs as well as parking) and saving yourself a pretty tough round trip drive?

Depending on how far in advance you book. My daughter is a student in Boston, cheapest she’s booked was $30 each way. She recently booked a one way to NJ  in March and it was around $120.

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

Depending on how far in advance you book. My daughter is a student in Boston, cheapest she’s booked was $30 each way. She recently booked a one way to NJ  in March and it was around $120.

OP is talking September -- ample lead time to get a good fare.  A $120 one way a month from now sounds high -- that's what Acela or business class looks like a month from now.

Edited by navybankerteacher

15 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

I haven't.  The train station is pretty far from me plus we have a hotel booked which is about 25 minutes from the port.  

17 hours ago, Nanatravel said:

Did you check on Massport.gov or com? The garage across the street from the terminal is now private thus they lease spots to local businesses for long term daily parking. Massport used to have a street lot on D Street. Check it out. Leave off your passenger with your luggage and either walk back or take a shuttle if they still have one. Good luck. 

I didn't.  I'm not familiar with Boston.  I don't think the parking through ParkWhiz is a garage.  I think it's street parking.  

52 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

OP is talking September -- ample lead time to get a good fare.  A $120 one way a month from now sounds high -- that's what Acela or business class looks like a month from now.

Just checked, $102 back bay to Newark on 3/8, coach.

• 1 month later...

We are sailing out of Boston in June doing a B2B Canadian cruise (14 days).  The Boston Cruise Terminal directs you to Lot D3 for cruise parking - they provide a free shuttle to/from the cruise terminal.  The only problem is... you are given a list of "Events" which are basically the cruises departing from Boston.  When I select the cruise we are taking, it only gives me 7 days parking with no way to add days.  The rate appears to be $30 per day.  I called the customer service number and explained my problem, they said that they couldn't help me because they can't change the number of days on the reservation.  They told me to wait because more "Events" would be loaded and they expected that there would be a 14-day option.  I've waited over a month and there is still no 14-day option.  I can book that parking lot via parking.com but the price is $38 per day instead of the cruise rate of $30 per day.  Has anyone found a way to book the necessary number of days with the cruise rate?

I had done a lot of research last year because we were parking in Boston for 22 days doing a b2b cruise. Nothing worked out for me ahead of time. Blamed it on being from Canada. Where I thought we could park was beside the port, Nope. Where we parked without booking ahead was the edic or epic lot across the street from the port. It was great. Parked there and walked to the Hampton where we stayed the night before. Forgot an item in the car and was able to retrieve it. Walked across the street at the end of the cruise to get the car

On 2/3/2024 at 8:06 PM, Nanatravel said:

Any idea when this started? I ask because there was a thread here on CC from last year, where some folks actually parked at this very convenient covered garage and had no problems at all. They even asked the management at the garage whether it was OK to park for a cruise and were told no problem, just to park on an upper floor. We're planning on using this garage in July, otherwise one of the surface lots like C-1 nearby.