Carnival Elation 2026 drydock

tidecat

These drys dock is legally mandated by the various ship organizations and is part of the overall maintenance due to her age, they need to be done every few years to inspect the hull and other mechanical systems. This is out of carnival control and will still need to be done if carnival wanted to get rid of the ship

newer ships typically need to be dry docked every 5 years and older ships is around 3 years. if you look at the dry dock history, you will see this 3 year pattern.

• Like 1

The fact that a drydock is scheduled doesn't necessarily mean the ship will still be around then. As I recall the Sensation was drydocked just before she was beached in Turkey, granted COVID had a lot to do with the scrapping of Sensation and most of her sisters I'm sure.

On 2/4/2024 at 12:08 PM, tidecat said:

I wouldn't expect anything significant, but it at looks like Elation will be around a few more years as her 2026 drydock dates have been announced:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1512/~/carnival-elation-(el)-fact-sheet

Thanks for posting the link!  I found it very interesting when certain enhancements were added (Guy's, Alchemy) and others removed.👍

This could be her last dry dock since it puts her in line with her 30th birthday unless they plan to push Elation and Paradise beyond that. Guess we will know when they start to order ships again and if they have plans for a smaller class or transfer some newer smaller ships from their other brands. 

4 hours ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

This could be her last dry dock since it puts her in line with her 30th birthday unless they plan to push Elation and Paradise beyond that. Guess we will know when they start to order ships again and if they have plans for a smaller class or transfer some newer smaller ships from their other brands. 

Don’t think they have anything on order. They are still too far in the hole…

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

I doubt Carnival Cruise Line will build anything smaller than Vista class ever again. If they get smaller ships, it'll be transferred from another Carnival Corp brand like Luminosa.

39 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

They don't yet, but it has been leaked they are talking with Fincantieri for four ships with the first due in 2027 or 2028. Carnival has confirmed they are in discussions with multiple shipyards, but has not confirmed any specifics. Assuming Elation's 2026 drydock goes through as planned, Elation would be due again in January 2029.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stick93 said:

I meant more so down the line when they are in a better position to do so. But rumors are swirling something will be ordered sooner than later. 

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

I doubt Carnival Cruise Line will build anything smaller than Vista class ever again. If they get smaller ships, it'll be transferred from another Carnival Corp brand like Luminosa.

Probably right, wouldn’t mind if they ordered a large ship for AIDA and took some of their smaller ships, they are the same size as Elation/Paradise. Think others have mentioned that scenario before. 

4 hours ago, tidecat said:

They don't yet, but it has been leaked they are talking with Fincantieri for four ships with the first due in 2027 or 2028. Carnival has confirmed they are in discussions with multiple shipyards, but has not confirmed any specifics. Assuming Elation's 2026 drydock goes through as planned, Elation would be due again in January 2029.

They really have no choice. Everyone else is buying ships like they buy underwear. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

I meant more so down the line when they are in a better position to do so. But rumors are swirling something will be ordered sooner than later. 

Probably right, wouldn’t mind if they ordered a large ship for AIDA and took some of their smaller ships, they are the same size as Elation/Paradise. Think others have mentioned that scenario before. 

There are multiple AIDA ships that winter in the Caribbean, more or less following each other between Montego Bay and Martinique (La Romana and Barbados also get used as home ports), that would be easy to consolidate. I'm not sure what they consolidate for the spring and summer months, but AIDAstella and AIDAblu both sail the Western Mediterranean for at least part of the season, running similar itineraries to the larger AIDAcosma.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stick93 said:

They really have no choice. Everyone else is buying ships like they buy underwear. 

They can continue being the price winner. But I'm sure the entire industry is looking at the prices RCCL is getting for Icon and are calling every shipyard they can.

9 hours ago, mz-s said:

They can continue being the price winner. But I'm sure the entire industry is looking at the prices RCCL is getting for Icon and are calling every shipyard they can.

Carnival seems to play catch up to much… Royal bet the farm and now is getting cruise fares like they are the Ritz Carlton - which they are not. I mean you can go on the Carnival Elation for a fraction of the price or a floating mega city for $$$$$.