Gifts and Gear Wines

rinshin

On Celebrity app, there is a wine showing I normally like.  Will they deliver this to our stateroom before the cruise to our cabin for our consumption during the cruise? Or at least during the day of our embarkation?   Not interested in taking this home as I can easily get this at home. 

We are bringing two better wines all the way to Amsterdam but the one wine on app is ok once our two bottles are gone.  

15 minutes ago, rinshin said:

On Celebrity app, there is a wine showing I normally like.  Will they deliver this to our stateroom before the cruise to our cabin for our consumption during the cruise? Or at least during the day of our embarkation?   Not interested in taking this home as I can easily get this at home. 

We are bringing two better wines all the way to Amsterdam but the one wine on app is ok once our two bottles are gone.  

I am not sure where you see this in the app. But then the thread title is Gifts and Gear... I will assume you are talking about using the web site, because that is what I have used. For a 12-14 day cruise, I will often pre-order bottles of wine through the website Gifts section. And I usually pay with OBC, but sometimes I need to use a credit card. When you order, you get to specify when it should be delivered to your stateroom (i.e., what day) and your room steward will see that it is delivered. You also are asked to provide details for the gift card that goes with each bottle. So e.g. on our first cruise (mid February) I ordered my wife's favorite, to be delivered on Valentines Day, with the gift card From Me and Valentines' mushy notes. Generally, I have the several bottles all delivered on Day 1. As I recall, all the wines on the list are screw-cap, but you can request a corkscrew from the steward if the two bottles you carry aboard and/or a Celebrity wine has a cork.

Just in case, I always travel with a corkscrew bottle opener. It is plastic so no issues with security scans.

Oh, one other note... occasionally on about day 5 or 6 of a longer cruise there will be a wine sale. A couple of the servers/sommeliers will set up a table in the Oceanview Cafe and offer the usual Celebrity stock wines at 20% off. Buy one or two, they'll deliver to your stateroom later that day. But this is a sometimes thing, not something you can count on.

I have ordered wine in the Gifts and Gear section of the Cruise Planner, not as a gift but for us to have in our cabin,

There was no gift card option, nor was there a choice of delivery option timing.  Most times it arrived on embarkation day, a few times on day 2.  Recently when it wasn’t delivered by noon I day 3 I checked and the order has been missed.  We had the wine in our cabin within a hour. 

Thank you. Good to know there may be special sale during the cruise.  On the app, it is under Gifts and Gear, then Special Occasion for our cruise in May.  

We always travel with our padded wine bag that holds two bottles and cork opener, haha - a die hard wine person that I am.  That bag is well traveled!  I like La Crema Pinot Noir in Sonoma and cheapest one through the winery depending on specific region grapes are grown and vintage is about $23 and goes up to about $100. On the app it is showing $48.99 and I am ok with that price knowing it will be the cheapest $23 found here. 

23 minutes ago, rinshin said:

Thank you. Good to know there may be special sale during the cruise.  On the app, it is under Gifts and Gear, then Special Occasion for our cruise in May.  

We always travel with our padded wine bag that holds two bottles and cork opener, haha - a die hard wine person that I am.  That bag is well traveled!  I like La Crema Pinot Noir in Sonoma and cheapest one through the winery depending on specific region grapes are grown and vintage is about $23 and goes up to about $100. On the app it is showing $48.99 and I am ok with that price knowing it will be the cheapest $23 found here. 

I purchased through the Cruise Planner during a flash sale in mid November when La  Crema was on sale for $32.99.  Keep checking for a flash sale.  Wish I had purchased more bottles.

Warning!!  Bait and switch on wine.

We ordered 2 bottles of a red and they delivered a different red wine.  Lower quality of course.

So they may NOT deliver what you ordered.

4 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

We ordered 2 bottles of a red and they delivered a different red wine.  Lower quality of course.

Oh no!  I no longer like full bodied red wines like Cabs or sweeter white wines like Riesling and most Chardonnay from California except few.  Did you return yours? 

Edited by rinshin

13 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I purchased through the Cruise Planner during a flash sale in mid November when La  Crema was on sale for $32.99.  Keep checking for a flash sale.  Wish I had purchased more bottles.

Ohh, that is good to know.  

Edited by rinshin

4 minutes ago, rinshin said:

Oh no!  I no longer like full bodied red wines like Cabs or sweeter white wines like Riesling and most Chardonnay from California except few.  Did you return yours? 

Should have.

Decided to keep the La Crema Monterey Pinot Noir.

They were supposed to deliver Sonoma but delivered the cheaper version.

19 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Also it can be so that they will not deliver the ordered wines at all. This happened to us last summer. After contacting guest relation twice we get wine - but not the one we ordered. We asked to remove it and get money back.

I purchased both the Liter Bottle of Liquor (no longer offered) as well as wine.    The are delivered by the Bar Service on Embarkation Day.   Usually you get a knock on the door and they are there with your gift.  

The wine can be consumed either in your room or you can have it sent to any  restaurant.

8 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

We have always gotten the exact wine we ordered.  Had they delivered a different or lower quality wine we would have cancelled the order.  Not a big deal, they do run out of some wines or liquors.  

Edited by jelayne