Enchanted

Crusin Karen

1 minute ago, Potstech said:

Criticism stopping on CC, not likely. A good value for some but not for others. Keep enjoying it on your cruises.

I totally agree with you on your criticism comment.  However, I’ve yet to read one post where people who purchase the packages criticize those who choose not to.  That’s because we really don’t care.  It’s your business, not ours.  I really get tired of having to justify why I enjoy the package.  I have never asked anyone to justify why they don’t want it.   

Why do some of us prefer suites and others love the inside cabins.  Huge price difference, but nobody would dare criticize either choice.  Is Princess making a lot more money off the cost of suites?  You, betcha!  Is it our business what type of cabin anyone chooses?  Will the folks in the inside cabins start threads about what a waste of money to book suites?  What about paying extra for Reserve class?  Good value or not?  And on and on with all the other available extras and upgrades.   

Can we all agree that this subject has been a never ending source of disagreements and could we just please let it go once and for all.  That dead horse is really starting to smell.  Let’s bury it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

I totally agree with you on your criticism comment.  However, I’ve yet to read one post where people who purchase the packages criticize those who choose not to.  That’s because we really don’t care.  It’s your business, not ours.  I really get tired of having to justify why I enjoy the package.  I have never asked anyone to justify why they don’t want it.   

Why do some of us prefer suites and others love the inside cabins.  Huge price difference, but nobody would dare criticize either choice.  Is Princess making a lot more money off the cost of suites?  You, betcha!  Is it our business what type of cabin anyone chooses?  Will the folks in the inside cabins start threads about what a waste of money to book suites?  What about paying extra for Reserve class?  Good value or not?  And on and on with all the other available extras and upgrades.   

Can we all agree that this subject has been a never ending source of disagreements and could we just please let it go once and for all.  That dead horse is really starting to smell.  Let’s bury it.

Agree!  Everyone just

do the math for yourself.  No worries.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would never, ever, criticize anyone for having a package, or for NOT having a package.

I have not been seeing that here, at all.

However, when somebody asks, and is automatically told "NOT WORTH IT"...

That is simply not true....

And, as somebody who participates here, I think truthful objective info is important.

It does not take many waters, coffee drinks, casual uncharge dining, alcoholic drinks, etc... to be WORTH IT.  And come out ahead.

The value and worth of any package is determined by what benefit somebody expects to get from it.

Not from another persons opinion.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Would be nice but just like dress code threads it ain't gonna happen anytime soon.  By trying to tell people to not discuss only means they will.  Also by constantly extending threads by answers that do nothing only aggravates the issue.  Once a post is answered why does everybody else have to post their opinion. the old adage "Asked and answered" should apply but never does.

Onward and upwad. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Potstech said:

Once a post is answered why does everybody else have to post their opinion. the old adage "Asked and answered" should apply but never does.

Simply because it's answered to the satisfaction of the person that posts it and doesn't take into account of any other opinions. 

11 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Really? Because I replied to a post just today on this very forum that basically said anyone not purchasing a package is only not doing so as they plan to stiff the crew by not paying gratuities. So yeah, people opting out do get kicked around as well. 

I think people get too precious about these topics when it is just a discussion of why some like it and some don’t. I do agree that it is completely ingenuous and a knee jerk response to claim packages aren’t very cost effective for many people. They certainly are. 

But it’s equally as ridiculous to infer that they are so cost effective that one must be daft not to invest, or incredibly cheap, or must not want enjoy a relaxed cruise without worrying about what your purchasing, etc. Trust me I have seen all of that as well. I’m not insulted but I will sure as heck rebut that train of thought. 

For those that really find the packages a great benefit that’s awesome. I say hip hooray!  Everyone should choose what’s best for them. But what some of us who find them not worth our investment may find frustrating is the incessant push from Princess to make people feel they are necessary. Not true for many and if people come here and ask I will share my opinion and personal experience. There is no ill will intended to those who absolutely love them, even if they imply I’m cheap and plan to spiff the crew because I know better and will happily point that out at any opportunity and whenever I choose regardless of how tired anyone is of talking about the subject. 

Edited by karatemom2
  • Like 1

I can live with Princess insistent push but it gets real tiring of posters who push and push and push the benefits of the packages. If it works for you then pay the additional price and enjoy them. If it does not work then do not pay the additional price and enjoy your cruise. But please stop giving Princess free advertisement for them.

Edited by Potstech
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Potstech said:

Exactly. Many threads could be less than 10 posts if it wasn't for posting opinions.

9 hours ago, Potstech said:

I can live with Princess insistent push but it gets real tiring of posters who push and push and push the benefits of the packages. If it works for you then pay the additional price and enjoy them. If it does not work then do not pay the additional price and enjoy your cruise. But please stop giving Princess free advertisement for them.

Isn't that the purpose of Cruise Critic, having a discussion about the pros & cons of anything? If just posting one individual answer were sufficient there wouldn't be much need for a bulletin board at all.

• Like 2

Do not advocate only one individual answer as you point out by my previous post. What I do advocate is not having numerous people post the basic same answer over and over and over again.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

Really? Because I replied to a post just today on this very forum that basically said anyone not purchasing a package is only not doing so as they plan to stiff the crew by not paying gratuities. So yeah, people opting out do get kicked around as well. 

I think people get too precious about these topics when it is just a discussion of why some like it and some don’t. I do agree that it is completely ingenuous and a knee jerk response to claim packages aren’t very cost effective for many people. They certainly are. 

But it’s equally as ridiculous to infer that they are so cost effective that one must be daft not to invest, or incredibly cheap, or must not want enjoy a relaxed cruise without worrying about what your purchasing, etc. Trust me I have seen all of that as well. I’m not insulted but I will sure as heck rebut that train of thought. 

For those that really find the packages a great benefit that’s awesome. I say hip hooray!  Everyone should choose what’s best for them. But what some of us who find them not worth our investment may find frustrating is the incessant push from Princess to make people feel they are necessary. Not true for many and if people come here and ask I will share my opinion and personal experience. There is no ill will intended to those who absolutely love them, even if they imply I’m cheap and plan to spiff the crew because I know better and will happily point that out at any opportunity and whenever I choose regardless of how tired anyone is of talking about the subject. 

No one is stiffing anyone if you don't take the package.  You have two other choices;  you can prepay your gratuities or you can have them added automatically to your shipboard account and then pay up at the end of the cruise.  In addition, you can hand the crew members who were special to you an envelope with extra tip in them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Potstech said:

Do not advocate only one individual answer as you point out by my previous post. What I do advocate is not having numerous people post the basic same answer over and over and over again.

Of course, but everyone has to have a say on the subject, no matter how many times repeated.

• Like 2