Daylight savings time

Our cruise starts on Saturday, Daylight Savings time springs forward an hour, do the ships also spring forward at that time?

It's at least a day at sea, but messes even more with knowing what time it is on the islands we visit.

Yes,  sorry, I didn't mean this Saturday,  just that it DST starts the day after cruise starts.

Ok, well I will just make sure our phones update to the updated ship time on March 10th.

I have been on ships twice when DST occurred.  But both cruises were Mex Riv, and what with DST being different weeks in the US and in Mexico, and with time zone changes, all I did was carefully follow the directions in the Daily Events paper and the notes left on our bed regarding time changes.  No problem!

I am sailing on the Venezia in a few week. On dst day, the ship will be in St Lucia that does not have dst and is in the atlantic time zone. I wonder when the ship will change times 

3 hours ago, shof515 said:

I am sailing on the Venezia in a few week. On dst day, the ship will be in St Lucia that does not have dst and is in the atlantic time zone. I wonder when the ship will change times 

When Miami does

4 hours ago, shof515 said:

Atlantic Standard Time is the same as Eastern Daylight Time, so observing the US time change actually puts you in sync with local time in port.

10 hours ago, threedjmay said:

Yes,  sorry, I didn't mean this Saturday,  just that it DST starts the day after cruise starts.

Ok, well I will just make sure our phones update to the updated ship time on March 10th.

The things you did to my brain haha... I'm sailing this Sunday, Feb. 11th and was like wait, it's THIS month?