RC Ship of the Year, 2023: Vision of the Seas

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I take my grapes in original and liquid form, no pill versions for this guy. 

Does your liquid form get modified from its original "liquid density"?

I suspect that a "yeast" infection might have tainted your original grape and the liquid form might be contaminated with non-original specifications.

😜

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Does your liquid form get modified from its original "liquid density"?

I suspect that a "yeast" infection might have tainted your original grape and the liquid form might be contaminated with non-original specifications.

😜

Thankfully, as a male I’ve never experienced balanitis. 😀 (don’t Google it unless you need to feel 🤢)

For me, it’s a consistency/texture. Any dried fruit is off the limits for me, be it raisins, apricots, banana chips etc… I somehow power through the dried cranberries on the crispy goat cheese salad at Chops. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thankfully, as a male I’ve never experienced balanitis. 😀 (don’t Google it unless you need to feel 🤢)

For me, it’s a consistency/texture. Any dried fruit is off the limits for me, be it raisins, apricots, banana chips etc… I somehow power through the dried cranberries on the crispy goat cheese salad at Chops. 

I was more in the direction that your grapes were fermented in a barrel before ingestion.

😁

• Haha 2

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw that Vision is best ship in the fleet. I guess it's pretty serious.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, GimmeOcean said:

It’s a little funny/sad that this is considered an “amenity” worthy of mention. Especially when it’s something available elsewhere on the ship for free.

I agree.  It's almost an insult.

17 minutes ago, robmtx said:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw that Vision is best ship in the fleet. I guess it's pretty serious.

The last girl mentioned in your post was the Vision of the Seas Captain's daughter sighted in Adventure Ocean.

It all makes perfect sense now.

😜

On the Vision now…

nice old ship, not glamorous but giving me a decent cruise for R&R.

Smooth sailing so far, tho winds caused difficulty docking / delay at Bimini this AM..  👏captain!

Our dining room staff has been excellent...knowledgeable, courteous and friendly!

stateroom attendant is doing a fine job!

Overall, staff is wonderful!!

2 minor complaints:  

Windjammer design is very poor…no easy flow results in bumps, congestion and zig~zag to food and seating.

Few young children on board, and despite posted rules, a few still “show off” on the dance floor during trivia games, karaoke, , music sets etc.  Parents/grandparents seem to think them cute.  Yes, they are adorable, But not an appropriate venue for them to show off as it discourages adult participation/safety!

• Like 2

We usually have 2 cruises on Quantum class, 1 on Oasis and 1 on Voyager/Freedom classes a year.

And one on Vision class...while Vision class has some shortfalls (you cannot seriously compare cabins on Anthem and on Vision... or Windjammer) we are willing to overlook them due to amazing 12 days Southern Caribbean itins and the fact we do not need to drive to Florida to reach S Caribbeans. Atmosphere is very nice too.

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1

roupa, You just reminded me of a situation that was so unpleasant on last week's Vision cruise that we had to excuse ourselves from Centrum several times during good music sets.  There was a family with two toddler boys who loved to bop around all areas of the dance floor. Bad enough, but every day, the father would then pick up the older one, throw him high in the air, and catch him on the descent, multiple times a day.  It was terrifying to think what could happen if that boy landed head first on the marble floor.  We told several bartenders, and the band, why we didn't stay.....but what could have been done?  

What could have been done?? For me, an easy answer would be for staff to address the issue directly to the parents!  It’s posted in the “rules”, so no argument should ensue!

such a nice cruise overall, and looking forward to the remainder of it….then on to the next voyage! 😎

• Like 1

On 2/11/2024 at 2:34 PM, lovelife said:

Chef's Choice just now received on Vision.

20240211_142650.jpg

Maybe someone monitors this board as a couple days later we received a second  chef's choice like the type we normally get.

20240213_144218.jpg