Norwegian Joy drydock - where do all the staff go?

Most of the crew will remain on board to service the people working on the ship. Most of these people live on the ship during this time. Though, there will be an opportunity for them to get a break. The entertainment staff will probably head elsewhere, or just get some time off.

• Like 1

there is a common phase that many hands make light work

food service people will still be cooking and preparing meals for the ship yard people and contractors doing work

housekeeping will most likely help out with basic manual tasks like move a thing from a to b or help unbox things that come onboard

some will be assigned a fire watch task where you stand with a fire extinguisher to make sure fire does not start. Check out chris wong youtube videos about this.

Edited by shof515
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barb Nahoumi said:

I know that major changes to the Observation Lounge were made.  Hopefully, they didn't ruin it.

Well, they cut the size. I don't know if that qualifies as ruining it...but it sure doesn't improve it.

• Like 1

I read that the thermal spa was not completed.  Will they continue to work on it or will it have to go into another dry dock to complete?  Sailing on the Joy in June and that was a big reason I picked that ship.

10 hours ago, tiwi said:

I read that the thermal spa was not completed.  Will they continue to work on it or will it have to go into another dry dock to complete?  Sailing on the Joy in June and that was a big reason I picked that ship.

We are going for spring break, and I can see the option to book the Thermal Spa on their website, but when I try to add it to the cart, it throws an error.  Seems to confirm what you heard.