Celebrity published article on what’s included - am I overanalyzing?

Five days ago, Celebrity updated the article, “What’s included on a cruise?” 

Under the section on drinks, it reads, “

“Are drinks included on a cruise?” is one of the most common questions asked by newbie cruisers. With our All Included* pricing model, you’ll find cocktails, wines by the glass, liqueurs, beers, spirits, frozen drinks, sodas, specialty coffees, juices, and bottled water come included.

With our cruise-only rates, drinks are available at an extra charge”

Pay close attention to the last line. Regular coffee, tea, lemonade, milk, and unbottled water are always available in the dining venues…do you think there will be a charge for these now? 

We chose a cruise only rate and I’m aware of my drink package options. We usually drink water and the order bottles of wine. We, of course, get coffee and tea at the buffet and with room service.

I hope it’s just a poorly worded article, but you never know. I did call Celebrity in the rep said yes they are included but sometimes even the reps on the phone don’t know what’s going on…

Let me know if you know…would hate for my hubby to miss out on his complimentary “Arnold Palmer”.

Cheers! 

Ha, there’d be riots! I think the last sentence is referring to the drinks listed in the first paragraph. Agree, could have been worded better, unless there is a subsequent paragraph making it clear which drinks are always freely available. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

Pay close attention to the last line. Regular coffee, tea, lemonade, milk, and unbottled water are always available in the dining venues…do you think there will be a charge for these now? 

I believe this is in reference to the drinks available in the OVC.   They have always been free to all guest and I can't see them changing.    They have also always provided them for free in alll the dining rooms.   If you choose a Cappuccino or Latte, bottled water etc there will be an up-charge.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I believe this is in reference to the drinks available in the OVC.   They have always been free to all guest and I can't see them changing.    They have also always provided them for free in alll the dining rooms.   If you choose a Cappuccino or Latte, bottled water etc there will be an up-charge.

Thank you so much! I am over analyzing as always! I think I’m just nervous not having the drink package. I need a vacation! Cheers! 

42 minutes ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

Thank you so much! I am over analyzing as always! I think I’m just nervous not having the drink package. I need a vacation! Cheers! 

Nahhh... you need a drink.   LOL

Enjoy I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.    I can't drink alcohol and always find plenty of things even though I have a drink package.    In the OVC and Spa Cafe they have drink dispensers with Tropical Fruit, Ice Tea, Lemonade etc as well as about a dozen type of tea (herbal, green, black and English breakfast).    They also have a filtered water dispenser.    I do have to say I have to rely on al Bacio for coffee --- that stuff in the OVC burns a hole in my stomach.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Nahhh... you need a drink.   LOL

Enjoy I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.    I can't drink alcohol and always find plenty of things even though I have a drink package.    In the OVC and Spa Cafe they have drink dispensers with Tropical Fruit, Ice Tea, Lemonade etc as well as about a dozen type of tea (herbal, green, black and English breakfast).    They also have a filtered water dispenser.    I do have to say I have to rely on al Bacio for coffee --- that stuff in the OVC burns a hole in my stomach.   

Thank you - you’ve made my night! 

12 hours ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

there is a charge for most room service requests except I think Continental breakfast. we never use it as the "Boss" says the walk to the Buffet or Al Bacio is good for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, the penguins said:

there is a charge for most room service requests except I think Continental breakfast. we never use it as the "Boss" says the walk to the Buffet or Al Bacio is good for me.

And my “boss” is an accountant ☺️ which is why I have to prepare for the “audit” before I spend anything 🤣❤️

15 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

The most misleading part is the term "all included".

I have the old “all included” on a booking two weeks from now. I’m so looking forward to the complementary foot massages from my butler. Mmmmm.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

And my “boss” is an accountant ☺️ which is why I have to prepare for the “audit” before I spend anything 🤣❤️

The Bride have a preset limit on spending without asking..around 5k is what I think my budget is. Hers is higher. 🙂

• Haha 1

The cruise lines always make it appear to be better than what you actually get.  They always show the ultimate  but in reality it isn’t what you are really getting unless you pay the ultra premium price.    They don’t show the disclaimer that there is a extra charge 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_0891.png

IMG_0894.png

IMG_0895.png

IMG_0896.png

• Like 1