Dining time on Edge

crkdad

We are booked on the Edge in Australia in October/November.  Our TA booked us for early seating at 6pm.  Our reservation on the Celebrity website states this as well.  However, I have read numerous posters state the Edge class ships do not have set dining times.  Either is fine with us, but which is correct?

I don’t know why they call it anytime.   It is walk up during the hours that it is open.  The same as any land based restaurant.  I think you can make reservations.  Check with the host on the first night or look in your manage your reservations.    I can’t say f_r sure as things always change and I get confused between crusie lines

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I was looking at a cruise on Edge earlier today on Celebrity's website.  After selecting a cabin, there was a section about selecting your dining preference.  It indicated that anytime dining was not available, and offered me a choice of dining at 6:00 pm or 8:30 pm.  

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, cruiserchuck said:

I was looking at a cruise on Edge earlier today on Celebrity's website.  After selecting a cabin, there was a section about selecting your dining preference.  It indicated that anytime dining was not available, and offered me a choice of dining at 6:00 pm or 8:30 pm.  

Apparently, the website hasn’t been updated for Edge Class ships.

Any reservations made pre-cruise, whether set-time or anytime, are disregarded.

You can just show up anytime during opening hours, regardless of what option you selected during booking.

Edited by Jumping Cruiser

This is good to know.  I am booked on Edge and had the 3 choices (anytime, early and late) when I booked but only late is available now.  Was starting to think maybe late was a bad idea but figured we were stuck.  That being said, I am disappointed that means we won’t have the same servers….so, on the first night we just show up when/where we want and hope for the best?  Any tips?

Just got back from 22 days on the Edge in Australia and all 4 MDR were anytime dining, no set dining times anymore, just show up when and where you want and if there is a waiting time you can go to any of the other 3. You can, however, make dining reservations in the MDR, but to be honest you do not need them.

We just disembarked from the Edge on February 15, 2024.

We ate at the Tuscan restaurant. We were on the late dining. Our table was reserved every night! 

The only difference, we were encouraged to go for dinner at 8 PM rather than 8h30 PM. 

Service from our Maitre D, our Head waiter, Assistant waiter and sommelier was excellent! And yes, we could order from the other restaurants menus.

The plus side of being assigned a specific dining time includes always having the same reserved table, and the same staff; which we really enjoyed.  ( We were not the only ones with an assigned late dining time in that restaurant)

The con side of being on the late dining was besides the theatre shows presented at 7.30 PM and 9.30 PM, all other activities were aimed at the early seating or the anytime seatings. In fact, there was little to do on board, between 5 PM and 8 PM besides sitting at a bar listening to music, and we missed quite a few interesting opportunities scheduled between 07h30 and 09h30 PM.

So, this cruise convinced me to let go of the assigned late seating and to, finally, convert to the any time dining system.