Another Medallion App Question

Another question Re the App. I have both apps and are working fine.Problem is I can’t seem to see where my husbands boarding pass is. I have mine with the QR but not his.,Both sets of documents are in there too.,He actually has  all green ticks but mine hasn’t because I did not give details for shoreside purchases. Does he need to have his own app? I don’t think I have in the past.

Any assistance will help………or perhaps I have to leave him home?🤔🤔🤔🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

I went on a Princess cruise a few weeks ago with my daughter and her family. She hadn't down-loaded the app and didn't have a boarding pass. I had paper copies of the bookings for both cabins so we were allowed to enter the terminal. The person outside the door didn't actually look at them. I just said that I had them and pulled the paper copies out of my bag. When we got to the check-in counter, they had my daughter and her family's info on the computer system.

23 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I went on a Princess cruise a few weeks ago with my daughter and her family. She hadn't down-loaded the app and didn't have a boarding pass. I had paper copies of the bookings for both cabins so we were allowed to enter the terminal. The person outside the door didn't actually look at them. I just said that I had them and pulled the paper copies out of my bag. When we got to the check-in counter, they had my daughter and her family's info on the computer system.

Thank you that is what I will do.

9 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Thank you that is what I will do.

Only one of the booking needs ID for check-in, whether it be by app or photo ID. Barb has the app, but gets checked-in from mine.

6 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Only one of the booking needs ID for check-in, whether it be by app or photo ID. Barb has the app, but gets checked-in from mine.

Thanks Geoff, Ralph would have no idea unfortunately.

• Like 1

I am completely struggling with the new app. I had no issues with the old app last month on the Emerald. The new app won't allow me to complete checkin as it won't allow me to accept the passage contract. I was already aware that the new app can't currently handle multiple bookings (in my case a B2B), but when I log out of my first booking and log in using the booking info for the second booking the app still shows the countdown, number of days etc for the first cruise. I can't seem to get to the second cruise at all. It's frustrating. I like to be organised!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mum and son said:

I am completely struggling with the new app. I had no issues with the old app last month on the Emerald. The new app won't allow me to complete checkin as it won't allow me to accept the passage contract. I was already aware that the new app can't currently handle multiple bookings (in my case a B2B), but when I log out of my first booking and log in using the booking info for the second booking the app still shows the countdown, number of days etc for the first cruise. I can't seem to get to the second cruise at all. It's frustrating. I like to be organised!

A B2B as seen as a single cruise, and it was also that way on the old app.

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

A B2B as seen as a single cruise, and it was also that way on the old app.

Oh my goodness Geoff! You are 100% correct. I was basing my information off the situation that you have more than one cruise booked (not B2B), but didn't realise it was different for a B2B. 

Well I am thrilled to know I can now forge ahead. Thank you so much. I still can't accept the passage contract but that will be fine, I can resolve at the dock if needed. 

While you're solving all of my problems, do you know if you can pre-book access to the thermal suite? When I go into Spa Services and click "View" the page never loads and says View 0 results. Is this normal?

28 minutes ago, mum and son said:

Oh my goodness Geoff! You are 100% correct. I was basing my information off the situation that you have more than one cruise booked (not B2B), but didn't realise it was different for a B2B. 

Well I am thrilled to know I can now forge ahead. Thank you so much. I still can't accept the passage contract but that will be fine, I can resolve at the dock if needed. 

While you're solving all of my problems, do you know if you can pre-book access to the thermal suite? When I go into Spa Services and click "View" the page never loads and says View 0 results. Is this normal?

It is medallion. Nothing is normal. 👿

I haven't tried to pre-book any thermal passes. It looks a bit difficult at present for me too.

3 hours ago, mum and son said:

Normal-ish 😁

I don't think it is an issue with the app, but it is also the same when doing it on the personaliser. I can only get as far as selecting the thermal suite pass, but it won't allow me to go any further.

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Even on the old app I think I had to open the passage contract and quickly scroll to the end of it, then I could accept it. 

Even opening and scrolling to the end on the new app won't let me sign it off 🤬

4 hours ago, Womble99 said:

Even opening and scrolling to the end on the new app won't let me sign it off 🤬

Exactly the same for me. On the app I could open and scroll but nothing further. I also managed it first attempt on the web version.

On 2/13/2024 at 8:32 AM, mum and son said:

From one organised person to another, we're booked on a Coral Coast Cruise with Princess in September and I'm not even going to try the App.  I'm simply gonna rock up at Fremantle with all the documentation and passports in hand and let them sort it out.  From what I'm reading and hearing, it seems to me the new boarding protocols are more bother than they're worth.  I'm absolutely convinced we won't be denied boarding because we 'refused to play the game'.  In addition, if I get any superior than thou attitude from any of the check in staff at the port, I'll play the nice little old lady not good with technology card.  

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Bubbeh said:

From one organised person to another, we're booked on a Coral Coast Cruise with Princess in September and I'm not even going to try the App.  I'm simply gonna rock up at Fremantle with all the documentation and passports in hand and let them sort it out.  From what I'm reading and hearing, it seems to me the new boarding protocols are more bother than they're worth.  I'm absolutely convinced we won't be denied boarding because we 'refused to play the game'.  In addition, if I get any superior than thou attitude from any of the check in staff at the port, I'll play the nice little old lady not good with technology card.  

We had one cruise in 2022 where we couldn't get onto the app - we only had three days between cruises and I think that confused the app.

We had no problems at the OPT, it just took a little longer to check-in. The check-in staff were very helpful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bubbeh said:

There is no game to play. Your choice whether you have a photo pre-loaded on the app and all of your details, or whether you want to spend another two or minutes at check-in getting it done.

It will be fast either way, but that is mostly due to the other 1000 that have sped the line up by having that stuff pre-loaded into their system.