They were my favorites…

dmwnc1959

Was cleaning out some old storage boxes and found this, a mint condition Cruise Travel from 30 years ago with the two year old ZENITH as the Ship of the Month. Along with her sister Horizon, the trio of gorgeous Century-class ships, and the four Millennium-class (pre-Solticization), these were my absolute favorite Celebrity ships. Man I do miss those days. They were really good. 

IMG_5485.jpeg

IMG_5487.jpeg

• Like 8

Our first Celebrity cruise was on the Zenith.  We had a cabin towards the aft.   We were the last cabin and our hallway opened onto a little stairway deck that served as our own private veranda.

My best meal ever was in the Olympic restaurant onboard the Millennium.  

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, CruiseRQA said:

My best meal ever was in the Olympic restaurant onboard the Millennium.  

Agree, we have had some fantastic meals in Murano on S class but I will never forget the two we had in Olympic…Just so very, very special…You simply felt from entering the room that it was going to be an occasion you would always remember…

• Like 3

I loved the ships designed by the Chandris Group.  Stylish and classy in a traditional sense.  The woodworking was so special.  My favorite was the Century.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, keesar said:

I loved the ships designed by the Chandris Group.  Stylish and classy in a traditional sense.  The woodworking was so special.  My favorite was the Century.

I agree.  Our first Celebrity cruise was on the Centuy.  Beautiful, well designed ship.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keesar said:

I’d have to say my favorite was Galaxy. There was just a something about her. Spent 12-nights cruising from LA-Alaska ending in Vancouver,  got upgraded to a SkySuite. My last two were on Mercury from Baltimore and Millennium from Miami. These ships were the perfect size. 

Edited by dmwnc1959
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Our first was on Meridian, second was Zenith.  I loved that magazine.

This magazine is like an amazing time capsule with the Cruise Calendar in the back, a who’s who of the cruise industry’s most modern, largest, and loved ships from that era. And most are all gone now. 

IMG_5511.jpeg

IMG_5512.jpeg

IMG_5514.jpeg

Edited by dmwnc1959
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our first cruise was on Horizon. A few years later we were lucky enough to cruise to Bermuda (her last summer) in one of the balcony cabins they added.

Loved the Martini bar, back before martinis were popular!

• Like 2

First cruise ever was on Mercury, followed the next year on Millennium. To this day even understanding it was our first cruise, Mercury is our favorite ship. Just loved the size and the look and feel.

• Like 1

Our first cruise was on the Century in 2000. Have done 7 cruises on three other lines since then... and we will sailing on our second Celebrity cruise in July on the Eclipse. 😎

Edited by minniemouse427
  • Like 1

My friend and I did the back to back 5 night and 2 night itinerary I see listed above for Fantasy Cruises.  So much fun!

Fantasy was also a Chandris line but would phased out to focus on Celebrity.  I looked at some of the memorabilia from that trip recently and the boarding pass already listed Celebrity Cruises.  

It’s cool to see this snapshot of time.

• Like 1