P&O Shuttle Buses on West Mediterranean cruise Valencia, Marseille, Alicante, Cadiz

Portlywench

We are going on our first cruise with P&O to the Mediterranean. Could anyone shed light on where the P&O shuttle drops you off in Valencia, Marseille, Alicante, Cadiz so we can plan what we want to do at those ports.

We want to go to L'Oceanografic in Valencia for example so want to play how we will get there. We are going on paid excursions when stopping at La Coruna and Barcelona

Thanks

The new shuttle stop in Valencia is at the Science Museum near L’Oceanografic. In Marseilles it is near Fort Saint-Jean at the opening of the harbour. In Cadiz you are usually right in town and there is no shuttle. Do not know about Alicante. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

The new shuttle stop in Valencia is at the Science Museum near L’Oceanografic. In Marseilles it is near Fort Saint-Jean at the opening of the harbour. In Cadiz you are usually right in town and there is no shuttle. Do not know about Alicante. 

Thanks a lot for this, very helpful

The last time we were in Alicante there was a free shuttle bus from the ship but it is a pleasant walk if the weather is nice.  It took around 15 to 20 minutes to walk to the edge of town.

There is a web site call "Whats In Port" (not sure I am allowed to post a link) that has lot's of useful information about cruise ports. It does mention shuttle buses and also has links to maps for port locations. Not sure how up to date it is, but still useful information.

Edit: I've found out it was updated July 2023

Edited by AlexMcSpot

48 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

The new shuttle stop in Valencia is at the Science Museum near L’Oceanografic.

It's then a very, very long walk along the old river bed, now a park, to the city centre or catch a local bus when dropped of the shuttle.

No need in Alicante.  The town and beach is a stroll from the port.

The Round the World yacht race exhibition, which you will pass on the walk, is worth a look, there's also one of the yachts on display outside, but access is limited to a few hours a week.

Castle is worth a visit for amazing views.  Again you can walk to the lift which is off the main coast road parallel to the beach,  be aware the lift doesn't go right to the top, you need to walk through the castle grounds and up plenty of steps to get the best views.

You can walk back into town, takes about half an hour from the top.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Pine Man said:

It's then a very, very long walk along the old river bed, now a park, to the city centre or catch a local bus when dropped of the shuttle.

Google maps has the 24, 25, 35 and 95 buses into the city from Museu de les Ciences stop. 

Then the challenge is finding the bus stop back 🤔... 

6 hours ago, Pine Man said:

Or there is a public bus service which picks up at the port entrance and takes you right into the centre.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2024 at 10:38 AM, Pine Man said:

To be fair it's quite a pleasant walk though some attractive parkland - took us about 45 minutes.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Red Ray said:

To be fair it's quite a pleasant walk though some attractive parkland - took us about 45 minutes.

A walk of 45 minutes (for you) to the place where you are supposed to be going to isn’t good enough. I shall be catching the local bus to town. 
Although as the OP wants to go to the Oceanografic they will be quite happy with the new shuttle drop off point. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer

Just now, Red Ray said:

OK. I was only trying to help.

Yes I am sorry I appeared harsh. I know the route is pretty and pleasant for a long stay out but for my legs it would be a long walk and a long day. I am happy I can take a bus from the port to be nearer the centre. 

• Like 1