Vancouver Hotel Recommendations

KY_Tom

Hi  - My wife and I will be cruising on Celebrity in June to Alaska.  We will arrive at the airport (YVR) late Saturday night ( 11 PM) and would love some hotel recommendations.  We're old (just shy of ancient) and looking for a safe, hassle-free hotel with food in house or nearby.  TIA.

27 minutes ago, Provence55always said:

Pan Pacific is right by the cruise port and they will deliver your luggage to the ship. Lovely hotel wonderful staff and I would recommend booking a club room if possible.

Enjoy your cruise.

Totally agree with this.

1 hour ago, KY_Tom said:

Hi  - My wife and I will be cruising on Celebrity in June to Alaska.  We will arrive at the airport (YVR) late Saturday night ( 11 PM) and would love some hotel recommendations.  We're old (just shy of ancient) and looking for a safe, hassle-free hotel with food in house or nearby.  TIA.

I would say the span Pacific as well. You can’t get much easier and it’s a good, solid hotel to boot.  Granted, I was there back in 2016 but it is an awesome way to stay before the cruise.

Another vote for Pan Pacific. We had a wonderful experience there this past October. Because our room was not ready for early check-in as promised, we were upgraded to a harbor-facing suite.

Since we were traveling from the east coast, we were up early the day of our sailing. It was a spectacular sight to watch our ship sail in and dock at Canada Place as the sun was rising.

And so, so easy to have the bellman pick up your bags and deliver to the ship!

We are staying at the Pinnacle Marriott, a couple of blocks from Canada Place.  We looked at the Pan Pacific but for the night before the price was over $700 CAD. Looks like a great hotel with the convenience of having your luggage taken to the ship a big plus.  I see you get in late so by the time you get out of YVR in will probably be after midnight so staying near the airport and taking a taxi or Uber might be the better option to save some money. 

While I have no specific recommendations, I will share my thoughts.

I know the Pan Pacific is lovely, however you will be arriving at 11 pm which is 2 am east coast/your body time. Airport is not close to Pan Pacific/cruise terminal and you need to factor in the time it will take to get to this hotel.

It will be very late by the time you see a bed.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Edited by MarKay525
  • Like 1

We are booked at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel. It is attahced to the airport so you can walk off the plane and into the hotel. It is expensive but for our date in July it is $500 less than Pan Pacific. We are taking a cruise line transfer from the airport to the pier in the morning. Cheaper options would be taxi, uber or the skytrain all readily available at the airport. I hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While we also love the Pan Pacific (which is essentially on top of Canada Place so the bellmen will pick up your luggage from your hotel room and deliver to the porters), the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel is also a great idea.  Another property to consider the the Auberge which is about 1.5 blocks from Canada Place.

On 2/20/2024 at 3:32 AM, KY_Tom said:

Your late arrival, along with your "body clock," dictates that you should book a hotel at (or near) YVR.  You will be weary from a long travel day.  If you are sailing the next day, sleep in, check out refreshed, and take a taxi or Uber/Lyft to Canada Place. Taxi's from the airport to downtown are fixed fee, by zones.

If it just was a choice between fancy hotels @KY_Tom, I'd do the Fairmont YVR rather than the PP in your situation - even if the flight lands on time, that's a 2am arrival by body clock and while immigration shouldn't take too long it could be another hour from touchdown to leaving YVR... picking the hotel right at the airport instead of right at the pier makes more sense to me.

But if you're looking for a more budget-friendly option, the time you'll wait for a shuttle to cheap airport area hotels could easily exceed the drive time for a cab downtown in the wee small hours - that time of night you'll have to call, the driver will have to be found and stopped doing whatever else their other hotel duties are, fire up the bus, and drive to YVR (most 'airport' hotels are across a bridge, with a traffic-free drive time anywhere from ~10 to 20+ minutes) then drive you back again to check-in. Whereas cabs are lined up waiting and can get downtown in <30mins at that time of night - so if the YWCA Hotel still has a room available to book, that's your win for a good-but-cheap hotel hands-down!

• Like 2