Current drink prices

Can anyone that's been on a cruise recently tell me the price of the ultimate drink package to purchase onboard. I am trying to figure out whether to buy in advance or onboard with the diamond  discounts 

Thank you in advance 

29 minutes ago, igmurray said:

Can anyone that's been on a cruise recently tell me the price of the ultimate drink package to purchase onboard. I am trying to figure out whether to buy in advance or onboard with the diamond  discounts 

Thank you in advance 

Just off of Adventure, so prices may not apply to larger ships, but  (including mandatory 18% tip) beer was~$10/bottle; simple well brand mixed drinks (i.e. gin&tonic) were~$13; call brands ranged from $15/oz to upwards of $60/oz for a few of the single malts), mixed fancy cocktails (i.e. Mai Tai) were ~$15-$16, well brand wines were ~$12-$15, and call brand wines could run double or triple that.

1 hour ago, igmurray said:

I am trying to figure out whether to buy in advance or onboard with the diamond  discounts 

The break even will likely be about 10 alcoholic drinks per day. There's no D discount on board on the package itself but you do get 4 drinks per day.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Just off of Adventure, so prices may not apply to larger ships, but  (including mandatory 18% tip) beer was~$10/bottle; simple well brand mixed drinks (i.e. gin&tonic) were~$13; call brands ranged from $15/oz to upwards of $60/oz for a few of the single malts), mixed fancy cocktails (i.e. Mai Tai) were ~$15-$16, well brand wines were ~$12-$15, and call brand wines could run double or triple that.

Doesn't the Drink Package only cover drinks up to $14.00 ?

If so then if I order a Mai Tai and it's $15 or $16, does that extra cost get changed to my account ?

25 minutes ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

If so then if I order a Mai Tai and it's $15 or $16, does that extra cost get changed to my account ?

Don’t know - we don’t drink enough to justify a package.

32 minutes ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

On the ship we were on last week (Symphony) the limit was $14 a day.  We are D+ so we had 5 drinks per day each.  We ordered what we wanted and never got charged anything but we did add tips.

2 hours ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

Yes, that is correct.

6 minutes ago, Gasmanctsv said:

Yes, that is correct.

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

2 hours ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

So does that mean I can no longer get good bourbon without a slight upcharge if I buy the package?  It has been since 2018 since I cruised and I remember there being a very good selection of bourbons that were included in the package with no upcharge.  

26 minutes ago, KsucAts said:

So does that mean I can no longer get good bourbon without a slight upcharge if I buy the package?  It has been since 2018 since I cruised and I remember there being a very good selection of bourbons that were included in the package with no upcharge.  

Depends on the price. If the drink price is over the limit, you pay the difference, is at or under the limit, it is covered. As others have said, I am pretty sure the per-drink limit is $14. 

Beverage Program Calculation.xlsx

This is a spreadsheet I got from a carnival cruise years ago and modified it for RCI to help see if the drink package was worth it or not. I am sure the drink prices have changed some from the last time this was updated. So one could modify this with up-to-date costs if needed. But chances are the new prices would be higher, so if you can justify it with this one, it should be well worth it. 

It is more than with it for my wife and I. Even more so when you add in the non-alcoholic drinks included. 

31 minutes ago, TravisP said:

Depends on the price. If the drink price is over the limit, you pay the difference, is at or under the limit, it is covered. As others have said, I am pretty sure the per-drink limit is $14. 

And another poster mentioned that call brands were now $15+.  I am just wanting confirmation that is the case for all bourbons or if it is possible that there will be some to be under.  

these are included. I have never been charged extra for any drink I have ordered except from the Bamboo room where I got hit for $1.20 on a Deluxe Mia Tia. They even added the 18% to the dollar over. 

DELUXE BEVERAGE PACKAGE OFFERINGS

VODKA

Absolut • Belvedere • Grey Goose • Stoli • Tito’s Handmade Vodka

RUM

Bacardi • Bacardi 8 • Captain Morgan Spiced Rum • Malibu • Miami Club

GIN

Aviation • Beefeater • Bombay Sapphire • The Botanist

TEQUILA/MEZCAL

1800 • Avion Silver • Patron Silver

SCOTCH

Chivas Regal 12 Year Old • Dewars 12 Year • Glenfiddich • Johnnie Walker Black • The Glenlivet

WHISKEY BOURBON/RYE

Buffalo Trace • Canadian Club • Crown Royal • Jack Daniels • Jameson • Maker’s Mark Whistle Pig Rye

COGNAC

Hennessy VS • Remy Martin VSOP

SPIKED SELTZERS

Truly  White Claw

BEERS

Domestic, imported and craft beer brands

WINE BY THE GLASS

Iconic varietals from California to New Zealand

NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES

Can and fountain soda • Fresh and bottled juices • Premium coffee and teas Still and sparkling water • Johnny Rockets Shakes

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 2

For our upcoming Navigator of the Seas cruise, the price was originally 75 per day. The price dropped to 69, we cancelled and rebooked. Saved about 50 bucks or so. I'll continue to monitor, but highly doubt it will drop any further.

On 2/20/2024 at 12:55 PM, TeeRick said:

On the ship we were on last week (Symphony) the limit was $14 a day.  We are D+ so we had 5 drinks per day each.  We ordered what we wanted and never got charged anything but we did add tips.

Hi TeeRick, did you ask for your D+ drink when ordering?  Curious on if they automatically look for it, or do you have to specify.  Thanks!

8 minutes ago, CHolliwood said:

Hi TeeRick, did you ask for your D+ drink when ordering?  Curious on if they automatically look for it, or do you have to specify.  Thanks!

I did notify them at times but it was always on my Seapass card and I never got charged.  If perhaps that happened (it didn't) I think Guest Services would remove it.  They only time to notify the bar staff is to tell them which Seapass card to charge if you and your spouse (cabin mate) have different amounts of coupons later that day and you want to use one account vs the other.  It is all pretty easy and seamless!

I've never had to instruct the bartender to use a voucher. In fact, at the end of the night when we use leftover vouchers to get bottles of water, several times I've had a bartender actually confirm if we wanted to use a voucher on a mere bottle of water.

• Like 1

Things to consider:

1) If your cruise has a lot of port days, you won't drink as many back on the ship, which would make your package worth a little less to you.

2) If you are D+, you might want to tell your server not to count a soda or cheap drink against your 5 free drinks. (or 4 if you're just a lowly peasant D). Your mileage (or drinkage) may vary.

3) Often, your server will simply not bother with the extra price of your premium diamond drinks. This will be somewhat more likely if you (ahem) fold a buck next to your seapass card when he takes your order. But if he does charge your card with the extra buck or two, it's worth it to you for the premium liquor, or you wouldn't order it - am I right?

4) I once calculated that the package wouldn't be worth it for just the alcohol, but when I realized it also included coffee or orange juice, it became a good deal for me.

Just things to consider when you're banging on your calculator.