OBC with Princess Plus

zogrand

I booked a cruise to the Antarctic on the day these were options.  I booked Princess Plus.  Does anyone know how this $900 OBC will be provided?  It's not on my OBC profile in my account.  I'm not sure how to guarantee that I will receive it since it is also not listed in my receipt.  I obviously have the screenshot as well as the dated receipt.  

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 1.11.35 PM.jpeg

There needs to be a little bit more information.  Did you book your cruise as a standard then added on Plus?  Did you book your cruise to include Plus?

I do not see anywhere on your image that Plus was offset by $900.

$60 pp/pd x number of days on the voyage = $900 for a 15 day voyage.

You are paying Princess $900.  Princess is not giving you OBC for $900.

Do you have a travel agent that can walk you through this?

• Like 1

Looking at your screen shot it doesn’t appear the $900 OBC had anything to do with the package you opted for. It’s listed at each level including standard. It should be reflected on your travel summary for your cruise. If you aren’t seeing it you need to check with Princess or your TA. You should have received a booking confirmation that reflected the benefits of whatever promotion you purchased through. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, zogrand said:

I booked a cruise to the Antarctic on the day these were options.  I booked Princess Plus.  Does anyone know how this $900 OBC will be provided?  It's not on my OBC profile in my account.  I'm not sure how to guarantee that I will receive it since it is also not listed in my receipt.  I obviously have the screenshot as well as the dated receipt.  

Are you referring to the Majestic Dec 1, 24 to Jan 21, 25?

Check the cruise personalizer under your booking…payments and credits.  You can check with your TA/CVP if you don’t see it.

The Plus is a whole different thing.  If you want to purchase the Plus using obc, you can do that once you board using obc.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, zogrand said:

It is clear that you would have received $900 OBC booking any of Std, Plus, Premier.  As mentioned above, look under Payments & Credits in Cruise Personalizer.  What I would have done is book Standard and then used the huge OBC amount to purchase Plus on board Day 1 - if I did want to go with Plus.  Is the offer still good?  If so, I would change it to Standard.  Do you have plans for $1,800 total Non-Refundable OBC?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

There needs to be a little bit more information.  Did you book your cruise as a standard then added on Plus?  Did you book your cruise to include Plus?

I do not see anywhere on your image that Plus was offset by $900.

$60 pp/pd x number of days on the voyage = $900 for a 15 day voyage.

You are paying Princess $900.  Princess is not giving you OBC for $900.

Do you have a travel agent that can walk you through this?

Do you see it now in the image capture?  The deal is $900 OBC per person notwithstanding booking Plus or Premier.

26 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Are you referring to the Majestic Dec 1, 24 to Jan 21, 25?

Check the cruise personalizer under your booking…payments and credits.  You can check with your TA/CVP if you don’t see it.

The Plus is a whole different thing.  If you want to purchase the Plus using obc, you can do that once you board using obc.

Majestic doesn't go to Antarctica.  Has to be one of the Sapphire voyages.   That is a nice bundle of cash.  IMO, best option would have been to book Standard and use the OBC to purchase Plus on board.  Plus for 17 days = $1,020/pp.  Net cost only $120.  Unless guest was expecting to spend it all on PCL excursions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zogrand said:

I suggest you log into your Princess.com.

1. see photo.  You can try clicking on luggage tags and travel summary.  Scroll down to print summary and see if it shows there.

2.  You should have an invoice showing the cost of your cruise with your deposit and what is included.  When I use a TA, this is created by my TA.  If I book direct from Princess, the invoice will be created and sent to you directly from Princess. Both of these documents will show what is included.

3.  You could try to book an excursion and the Princess OBC will show up so you can use it to pay for the excursion.

i have never seen what you attached with an OBC on each option.  Since it is just a step in the booking process it does not really mean anything as it is not booked.  The next page might show the OBC.  

For instance, I always get Military OBC, but it does not show up on the photo you show, but is reflected after I book only.

Good luck.

What  category did you book.  Is this the December 2024 Sapphire?  I notice it does not include the up to 40% off statement that is now included.

IMG_1024.png

Edited by jagoffee

Thank you to all who have been so quick to reply.  I'm going to try to answer all questions with this one reply.  The cruise is on Sapphire on Jan. 21, 2025 from BA.  I included Plus when I booked.  Currently, this offer is not being offered on the same cruise.  The OBC is not reflected anywhere in my paperwork .  I have additional OBC including Military and Stockholder which is where is always is found.  It is not on my travel summary or my invoice.  My TA was not helpful and I will not be using her in the future.  She was an unexpected replacement for one I had used for years.  I thought perhaps the credit wouldn't be reflected until we boarded since it seems to be offered as part of the cruise.  I thought maybe someone had also booked with this inclusion and might be able to shed some light on the issue.  Thanks again!

Edited by zogrand
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, zogrand said:

Thank you to all who have been so quick to reply.  I'm going to try to answer all questions with this one reply.  The cruise is on Sapphire on Jan. 21, 2025 from BA.  I included Plus when I booked.  Currently, this offer is not being offered on the same cruise.  The OBC is not reflected anywhere in my paperwork .  I have additional OBC including Military and Stockholder which is where is always is found.  It is not on my travel summary or my invoice.  My TA was not helpful and I will not be using her in the future.  She was an unexpected replacement for one I had used for years.  I thought perhaps the credit wouldn't be reflected until we boarded since it seems to be offered as part of the cruise.  I thought maybe someone had also booked with this inclusion and might be able to shed some light on the issue.  Thanks again!

Mine shows on the cruise personalizer, under credits.  It also shows on my confirmation from my TA.  

Do you have the original confirmation from the TA?  I’d ask to speak to the manager or another agent at the agency, if this one can’t help.  That promo is long gone.

SMH...thanks @Steelers36.  Not making excuses (yes, I am).  It was early this morning and I did not really look at the image details.  

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Do you see it now in the image capture?  The deal is $900 OBC per person notwithstanding booking Plus or Premier.

Majestic doesn't go to Antarctica.  Has to be one of the Sapphire voyages.   That is a nice bundle of cash.  IMO, best option would have been to book Standard and use the OBC to purchase Plus on board.  Plus for 17 days = $1,020/pp.  Net cost only $120.  Unless guest was expecting to spend it all on PCL excursions.

Powers that can and should remove post #3 since I was totally out of it.  This is truly mind boggling since I've never seen any of these offerings for any of my cruises.  Congrats OP.  I hope you find the $900 OBC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

SMH...thanks @Steelers36.  Not making excuses (yes, I am).  It was early this morning and I did not really look at the image details.  

Powers that can and should remove post #3 since I was totally out of it.  This is truly mind boggling since I've never seen any of these offerings for any of my cruises.  Congrats OP.  I hope you find the $900 OBC.

Lol.  They gave these obc’s on the initial booking dates for Elites and then others just the first few days. On the So American cruises.

• Like 3